Brett Stewart under investigation for alleged sexual assault

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
Bloody shame if he's guilty! I hope the video evidence clears him tbh, he seems like one of the good guys. Bloody shame.

E

Emma

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
I thought it was a little too convenient at first as well, but when you think about it, all sorts of things end up getting filmed these days. A lot of people have access to a camera at all times, no matter where they are.

gUt

gUt

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
mrslong said:
What you think it's a set up?

I don't have an opinion on that but if it was a setup, you would want to film it. I am firmly in the camp that Stewart is innocent until proven guilty and our footy players are definitely targets for this type of setup/sting.

I am not saying that this IS a set up and if he's found guilty I will happily sink the boot in with everyone else. But right now to me it's a 50/50 bet between yep, he's a scumbag and nope, he was set up by scumbags.

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
I hope he's innocent, and consider him innocent.

But I can't imagine it being a set up. Unless he does it all the time and the people in the apartment building a jack of it. They're not making money out of it, they haven't tried to extort him etc.

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
If it goes further, everyone knows there is money in it for her.

If that means an out of court settlement where he pays, or Manly slips some cash her way, or if the court awards damages etc.

A

Assassin

NYC Player
Nov 11, 2008
Yeah a very elaborate set up where they held him down at the Club Launch forced him to drink 20 beers and savagely took advantage of him when he was too drunk to know any better. Is it that hard to imagine that a player who was so drunk he got kicked out of his own teams season launch got up to no good on his way home?

F

Flutterby

International
Mar 5, 2008
Emma said:
I thought it was a little too convenient at first as well, but when you think about it, all sorts of things end up getting filmed these days. A lot of people have access to a camera at all times, no matter where they are.

Totally agree and it says the footage is of the altercation with the father, so if the girl was screaming out, they would have heard that, and thought "there's something going on here - quick grab the camera". Now if they had been filming the entire incident from the moment Stewart got to the complex I'd be more likely to think it was rather too convenient.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Or a bit dodgy...neighbour spying on neighbours.

I agree with saying innocent until proven guilty. But he IS guilty of something - getting drunk and making a total dick of himself. Whether it's sexual assault is a matter for the police and the courts, but yet again he's a rugby league player acting like a dick under the influence of alcohol and/or some other mind altering substances.

And as I said in another thread, I'm fucking sick of it.

Kaz

Kaz

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008
The neighours may have thought the arguement with Stewart could have made them a bit of money.

They may not have realised why they were fighting until it hit the media.

And then they contacted the police saying we have this arguement on video.

schmix

schmix

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
I always thought the DNA test was weird. He would have had to have been a bloody quick mover to leave anything on/in her before her Dad came running.

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
schmix said:
I always thought the DNA test was weird. He would have had to have been a bloody quick mover to leave anything on/in her before her Dad came running.
[icon_lol1. If it was him, I'm sure he could've got a gig as a Nasal spray spokesperson

Hamm.0

Hamm.0

NRL Captain
Mar 5, 2008
mrslong said:
schmix said:
[icon_lol1. If it was him, I'm sure he could've got a gig as a Nasal spray spokesperson

If this was a joke; LOLZ.

If not, I think the DNA was actually more along the lines of skin and blood under figernails, etc.

E

Emma

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
They did mention the other night that they were taking samples from underneath Stewart's fingernails, and I would assume the girls as well.

Active Now

• Johnny92
  • Bucking Beads
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Allo
  • Fozz
  • Morkel
  • The Don
  • Stix
  • Galah
  • mrslong
  • Mr Fourex
  • FACTHUNT
  • Dash
  • Jazza
  • Socnorb
  • Behind enemy lines
  • barker
  • bb_gun
  • Locky's Left Boot
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.