Brisbane Broncos Auckland 9's Team?

• Thread starter BroncosFan_Corey
  • Start date
LOL. Now that we're going well, everything is okay in 88to2006Glorydays world?

Only briefly though. We arguably have the most experienced team in the 9s comp so we should be in the final.

Only briefly though. We arguably have the most experienced team in the 9s comp so we should be in the final.

but arguably according to you we have the worst game plan and an awful coach. You can't take this as a we should've won no questions asked.

we've quite simply outplayed everyone we've come up against.

Except for Roosters. Although, their second try was a forward pass.

Positive tournament for us. Nikorima had a great tournament and Drew continued his development

If anything our performance in the 9's has given the team some good confidence moving forward. On the other hand it might have fans a bit more confident as well which could see us a bit more guttered if we aren't doing well once the real stuff starts.

Any news on why Barba didn't play the last game? Is it anything serious? As much as Barba didn't do a whole lot in the nine's (except when he wasn't standing out on the wing) he seemed to attract more markers which left other parts of the field open in the other games and the Broncos really missed that space against the cowboys. Though I do agree the cowboys deserved to win with how they played and it's good to see them win something to be honest! (They are the other team I support except when the Broncos are playing them).

Dale Copley has certainly packed on the muscle in the offseason..........beast mode from him this year.....big year!

Any news on why Barba didn't play the last game? Is it anything serious?

ankle sprain, apparently

he was suited up to play (the broncos posted a pic of the team getting ready for the final and he was in full playing gear) but they must of decided at the last minute to hold him back. that was a wise move in my opinion.

he was out on the field at half time gee'ing the boys up. which not so much shows the injury wasnt major, but definitely shows he has settled in well and loving being in broncos colours.

Last edited:
His absence helped put into perspective how much impact he was having for us as well. You could easily notice he wasn't there and that is an important observation going into the regular season. Now we know for sure he is going to be fucking important.

His absence helped put into perspective how much impact he was having for us as well. You could easily notice he wasn't there and that is an important observation going into the regular season. Now we know for sure he is going to be fucking important.

Very true. Just having him on the field creates space for everyone cos the opposition know how fucking dangerous he is so they double up on him

Very true. Just having him on the field creates space for everyone cos the opposition know how fucking dangerous he is so they double up on him

And that puts more onus on our forwards to put in that extra effort to tire out the opposition, because they will be targeting Barba relentlessly whenever he has the ball,and I would rather they be completely stuffed when Barba is probing them for a gap.

You could never play Hodges in a nines tournament. First time he saw daylight the hammy would snap in half

You could never play Hodges in a nines tournament. First time he saw daylight the hammy would snap in half

He beats 9 players with ease and having Barba backing up would definitely help. But I wouldn't risk him.

There are a number of players that should never be risked in the 9's and Hodges is definitely one of them, Jarryd Hayne is another and TBH I was actually surprised that both Carney and Dugan were selected for their clubs, very risky.

Now that I think about it, who's brilliant idea was it to play Stagg? That was always going to end the way it did.

Active Now

• Fitzy
  • GCBRONCO
  • ChewThePhatt
  • BroncsNBundy
  • Hoof Hearted
  • PETERN
  • sooticus
  • Fozz
  • johnny plath
  • Alec
  • Behind enemy lines
  • TwoLeftFeet
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.