Brisbane Broncos Auckland 9's Team?

• Thread starter BroncosFan_Corey
  • Start date
There are a number of players that should never be risked in the 9's and Hodges is definitely one of them, Jarryd Hayne is another and TBH I was actually surprised that both Carney and Dugan were selected for their clubs, very risky.

Now that I think about it, who's brilliant idea was it to play Stagg? That was always going to end the way it did.

What, the best outcome we could have hoped for?

I'm certainly not wishing injury on the poor bastard, but now Griffin has no choice but to put a real fucking centre in the centre position.

I'm certainly not wishing injury on the poor bastard, but now Griffin has no choice but to put a real fucking centre in the centre position.

He was always going to, hence the back line signings..

Unless I'm mistaken Stagg only played centre once last year, and that was when we were totally desperado for outside backs. I'm not sure we'll have that same problem this year as we now have depth and Stagg will hopefully only get selected in the 2nd row during Origin.

But he was never going to put stagg in the centres. One poster said that as another way to have a dig at the coach and everyone just ran with it. Why would we sign vidot and Mills to play stagg in the centres. It just defies logic.

Unless I'm mistaken Stagg only played centre once last year, and that was when we were totally desperado for outside backs. I'm not sure we'll have that same problem this year as we now have depth and Stagg will hopefully only get selected in the 2nd row during Origin.

No, you are not mistaken

There are a number of players that should never be risked in the 9's and Hodges is definitely one of them, Jarryd Hayne is another and TBH I was actually surprised that both Carney and Dugan were selected for their clubs, very risky.

Now that I think about it, who's brilliant idea was it to play Stagg? That was always going to end the way it did.

He was unlucky. The player diving for the loose ball dived into his legs.
I am not sure he would have made the 17 anyway

haha i dont see how you could think staggs injury was inevitable.

i wouldnt of had him at the 9s but thats purely because i don't think he's a good player.

haha i dont see how you could think staggs injury was inevitable.

i wouldnt of had him at the 9s but thats purely because i don't think he's a good player.

Maybe not inevitable but given the fact that his knees are basically glass and he's over 30 the likelihood of him injuring himself was a very real possibility, almost verging on him being a liability whenever he takes the field. However as [MENTION=8219]Splinter[/MENTION] mentioned it wasn't really his fault this time, he was kind of just unlucky in the end.

Just out of curiosity, did you ever rate Stagg as a player or are you just taking into account his last few seasons?

used to love staggy. seems like a pedestrian in the last couple of years though. was happy to keep him on the books for origin period but thought it was stupid to send him to the 9s, from a footy point of view. im not sure why vidot didn't get a run, but having vidot over there could of done wonders for his confidence and to me the 9s suit his footy perfectly

used to love staggy. seems like a pedestrian in the last couple of years though. was happy to keep him on the books for origin period but thought it was stupid to send him to the 9s, from a footy point of view. im not sure why vidot didn't get a run, but having vidot over there could of done wonders for his confidence and to me the 9s suit his footy perfectly

Yep absolutely, Vidot was a strange omission in the end, a fast and strong ball-runner who would've been damaging in the 9s, kind of like Konrad Hurrell.

I think 1910 said Vidot defended well in the middle so i am assuming he was left behind to get used to 2nd row????? Why else would he defend in the middle

I think 1910 said Vidot defended well in the middle so i am assuming he was left behind to get used to 2nd row????? Why else would he defend in the middle

true but why the **** would he need to get used to the backrow when we have thaiday/parker/gillett/glenn/lowrie and stagg (decision was obviously made before he was injured).

maybe it was just a fitness thing? he was told early in preseason to shape up

Last edited by a moderator:
true but why the **** would he need to get used to the backrow when we have thaiday/parker/gillett/glenn/lowrie and stagg (decision was obviously made before he was injured).

maybe it was just a fitness thing? he was told early in preseason to shape up

Sorry cant answer that i am only stating what happened. Maybe they think he might be more dynamic off the bench than Hala

Sorry cant answer that i am only stating what happened. Maybe they think he might be more dynamic off the bench than Hala

haha wasnt asking you directly. i remember seeing the post where 1910 said he played in the forwards.

i'd just really like to know. maybe it means nothing.

haha wasnt asking you directly. i remember seeing the post where 1910 said he played in the forwards.

i'd just really like to know. maybe it means nothing.

Maybe they were trying to get a good workload under his belt

Maybe vidot was left out cause he is terribly over rated and isnt a real first grade option. He might look like a greek adonis but he plays like a fairy.

Active Now

• Hurrijo
  • Rookie Alan
  • Alec
  • Broncs1459
  • bb_gun
  • Midean
  • Sproj
  • Broncorob
  • bazza
  • Browny
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.