Broncos - 2015 Discussion

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Without Hoffman and Boyd playing the wing, are we short on actual wingers who can catch and score tries? Would anyone be opposed to offering Lote Tuqiri a contract so he can finish his career here? I'm not exactly for or against it. Just throwing it out there

not really, if we don't sign Boyd (or he plays fullback as expected), i would like to see Kahu given an extended run on the wing. the back line i am about to name assumes Boyd signs (and plays fullback as Bennett suggested) and Hoffman leaves.

1. Boyd
2. Vidot
3. Copley
4. Hodges (Reed would likely come into calculations for the half a season where Hodges is injured)
5. Kahu
6. Milford
7. Hunt

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Vidot shouldn't be on the wing. He really is an average finisher. It was laughable at times in 2014 and a couple of his tries he made a lot more difficult for himself, like his try against the Bulldogs in Round 22.

Kahu and Hoffman should be our wingers next year.

Hoffman is still contracted to the club for 2015 IIRC and he has said he will play wherever Bennett wants him to. So if he doesn't get released next season, he should be on the wing.

Last edited:
Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
not really, if we don't sign Boyd (or he plays fullback as expected), i would like to see Kahu given an extended run on the wing. the back line i am about to name assumes Boyd signs (and plays fullback as Bennett suggested) and Hoffman leaves.

1. Boyd
2. Vidot
3. Copley
4. Hodges (Reed would likely come into calculations for the half a season where Hodges is injured)
5. Kahu
6. Milford
7. Hunt

I've seen a fair bit of Kahu and I'm yet to see anything for me to put my faith in him. Definitely didn't take the Q Cup by storm, which I'm sure was a prerequisite for some people on here ;)

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
One thing I picked up in that article, Hodges sees this contract as his last.

Hopefully, he can win another premiership in that time. However, I think he needs to end his representative career immediately so it decreases his chances of injury.

Danoz Direct

Danoz Direct

NRL Captain
Oct 12, 2013
It is going to be very interesting to see the team makeup and the captaincy next year.

J

johnny87

BRL Player
Nov 17, 2013
I'm actually excited about next year. Not since the Lockyer days have I've been that way. Between Ben hunt playing the way he has been, Milford here now and Wayne pulling the strings there. It's gonna be our breakout year

Marty Deutschmann

Marty Deutschmann

NRL Captain
Oct 23, 2013
The first player I'd be sorting out if I were Bennet would be Martin Kennedy.

It's clear he can be a weapon. He's the biggest prop in the game and should be bending the line on every run. His issue is all mental, and this is exactly where wayne excels to earn the label of " greatest coach the game has ever seen ".

First thing I'd do, is have a conversation with him. Heart to heart, become a trusted father figure, pin point exactly what it is in his mind causing his insecurities and unlock what's holding him back. . Could be the pressure of a big contact, the pressure of a club like the broncos, or it could have stemmed from the inherent pressure that the club was under last year in general after their "worst season ever" as it was labeled in the news. Or, its a combination of them all.

I'd start by pulling him away from the group, get him in before the rest of the team start their pre-season and get him boxing. Train him with vigorous discipline. Boxing is one of the best mediums for improving mental and physical discipline, and it's what he needs to master. It will harden his body to take stronger hits. Because we all know his problem is hutting the line hard, so stripping back whatever fear he has of doing that at the moment is the key. Boxing is a great place to start in the quest to focus his mind on his body as a whole, and to distract him from the team and club pressures.

I'd then have him running through mud and into through other natural forms which produce strong resistance like maybe the beach, doing a beap test through 450mil deep water or even taking hit ups into wind turbines. Get his legs to start working hard like a machanical beings that can subconciously fight against the resistance of deeper water, which in turn would make them harder to stop in a tackle.

Even doing yoga might help. Moderate his breathing and mental state.

All in all, just keep him away from other players for a while to focus on him. Make him feel confident in himself again. Transform his mentality into being an alpha. We need him cocky. We need him running out onto the paddock determined to prove he's the biggest and strongest no matter what! To defend his honor and reputation. Turn him into a warea-hargraves who will always dominate a field and prove he's the bigger and better man.

Just close your eyes and picture it........................ martin kennedy, walking down the tunnell at suncorp Stadium, 10 on his back, ready to go out and inforce pure energy and strength. The ultimate brute. Hercules.... The look of sheer focus in his eyes. The jersy is his life force, and he will defend it.. He's a bronco.. And no one will ever ride him

Last edited:
Donny

Donny

NRL Player
Mar 31, 2010
Apparentely Hunt and Milford played well today. Can anyone confirm if they played in the halves together and how they went?

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Apparentely Hunt and Milford played well today. Can anyone confirm if they played in the halves together and how they went?

From what I have heard they were the halves pairing and that person that was tweeting updates said that 'hunt looked dangerous everytime he touched the ball' and when asked how the hunt/Milford partnership was looking commented 'exceptional'

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
They played in the halves together and from all I have heard Hunt was dangerous with the ball in his hands, sadly haven't seen any actual footage so can't confirm it other then from reports.

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
PM's XIII defeat valiant PNG - NRL.com

Broncos halfback Ben Hunt and Wests Tigers prop Aaron Woods may earn their Test debuts as members of Tim Sheens's Four Nations squad after starring roles in a convincing 34-16 victory by the PM's XIII against Papua New Guinea in Kokopo on Sunday afternoon.

With a host of fresh faces in the green and gold alongside established stars such as Greg Bird, Beau Scott and Robbie Farah, the PM's XIII led 16-0 at half-time courtesy of tries to Woods, Will Chambers and Josh Mansour.

Kangaroo bolters get chance to impress

When Woods completed his double early in the second stanza and Anthony Milford and Beau Scott added further tries the visitors led 34-0 midway through the second half.

With a squad consisting largely of players from the PNG Hunters team that played in the Intrust Super Cup this season and with no NRL experience at all, the PNG side struggled to match it with their more well credentialled opponents but gave the home fans something to cheer about with three late tries, two coming the way of centre Thompson Teteh.

With Johnathan Thurston one of a host of incumbent Kangaroos unavailable for selection in Sheens's squad to be announced on Tuesday, Daly Cherry-Evans is likely to partner Cooper Cronk in the halves, leaving a spot open on the bench for a utility option.

Hunt, Milford and Michael Morgan all produced outstanding performances throughout 2014 but Hunt's display under the watch of Sheens and his massive haul at the Broncos' presentation night on Friday night may have him on the verge of a Kangaroos call-up inconceivable just 12 months ago.

The two-try haul by Woods in stifling conditions was also well-timed as the Kangaroos search for some fresh faces in the front row with Matt Scott, James Tamou, Paul Gallen and Nate Myles all unavailable for selection.

Sheens will name his Four Nations squad on Tuesday with the Kangaroos to play New Zealand as part of the double-header to open the tournament in Brisbane on October 25.

PM's XIII 34 (Aaron Woods 2, Josh Mansour, Will Chambers, Anthony Milford, Beau Scott tries; Ben Hunt 5 goals) def. Papua New Guinea 16 (Thompson Teteh 2, Israel Eliab tries; Noel Zemming 2 goals) in Kokopo, PNG.

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
As much as I love Ben Hunt and rate him I would be surprised if he was named in the top 17 as Cronk and DCE are ahead of him at this stage. Woods may have nailed down his spot in the top team by the sound of it.

J

johnny87

BRL Player
Nov 17, 2013
We might have found our new goal kicker. Hunt kicked 5 from 6

Danoz Direct

Danoz Direct

NRL Captain
Oct 12, 2013
As much as I love Ben Hunt and rate him I would be surprised if he was named in the top 17 as Cronk and DCE are ahead of him at this stage. Woods may have nailed down his spot in the top team by the sound of it.

I think he may get DCE's utility bench spot.

Battler

Battler

State of Origin Rep
Dec 4, 2013
The bench spot should be between Milford and Hunt, as they can play the most positions in the spine out of the options, but knowing Sheens Farrah will get it.

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013

Yeah Robbie Farah should get the spot, right? Haha..

Unread

Active Now

• mitch222
  • broncos4life
  • LittleDavey
  • leon.bott
  • Alec
  • FACTHUNT
  • Fozz
  • BooKhaki
  • Santa
  • Dexter
  • Fatboy
  • Tim K
  • Wolfie
  • Galah
  • Browny
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Lostboy
  • Strop
  • winslow_wong
  • I bleed Maroon
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.