Broncos - 2015 Discussion

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Copley better not be on the wing, Copley at centre and Reed out. I like Reed, its just that Copley is a better attacking centre. I know it is unlikely but if possible I would also like to see Carlin Anderson on the wing.

I'd also prefer Copley at centre, but I'm being realistic, Reed is signed until 2017.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
I'd also prefer Copley at centre, but I'm being realistic, Reed is signed until 2017.

Bennett should pick the best team available. Contract length shouldn't come into it. Besides 250k isn't a big contract and maybe if he doesn't get picked he will look for an opportunity elsewhere.

The problem is that Reed is the type of player Bennett loves, and that could get him selected each week.

CaptainHook

CaptainHook

NRL Player
Jun 17, 2013
Bennett should pick the best team available. Contract length shouldn't come into it. Besides 250k isn't a big contract and maybe if he doesn't get picked he will look for an opportunity elsewhere.

The problem is that Reed is the type of player Bennett loves, and that could get him selected each week.

Not disagreeing per se but how is Reed the type of player Bennett loves? I'm not convinced Reed will be given a free pass. Bennett loves speed in the centers - his final game coaching the Knights had Gagai and Leilua - something Reed just doesn't have. He's a good defender but we need more genuine attacking options in the backline. If Bennett can't get him firing then he'll be bumped into the forwards or moved on.

Danoz Direct

Danoz Direct

NRL Captain
Oct 12, 2013
Going to be interesting to see the forward pack next year.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014

I'm honestly failing to see how Bennett loves players like Reed in the centres.

When was the last time Bennett actually used a player like Reed in the centres when he had other options?

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Yeah.. I'm not sure what you're talking about tbh Foordy lol

Gagai and BJ are like the polar opposites of Reed.

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Something from left field that will probably get dismissed but hey.

1. Barba
2. Vidot
3. Copley
4. Hodges
5. Oates (can be developed into a backrower over time and I believe at present to be our best wing option without Hoffman or Boyd there, his got the size, decent speed and shown can score tries)
6. Milford
7. Hunt
8. Mcguire
9. McCullough
10. Kennedy
11. Glenn
12. Thaiday
13. Parker

14. Gillett
15. Gavet
16. Garbutt
17. Ofahengaue

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Kahu showed more speed and promise in his one game this year than almost anyone else in our team, he made a few errors, but that was bound to happen considering it was a final and his first NRL game all year, I honestly hope he's starting on the wing next year and gets a full injury free pre-season under his belt, he could be an elite winger.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
I'm honestly failing to see how Bennett loves players like Reed in the centres.

When was the last time Bennett actually used a player like Reed in the centres when he had other options?

Not disagreeing per se but how is Reed the type of player Bennett loves? I'm not convinced Reed will be given a free pass. Bennett loves speed in the centers - his final game coaching the Knights had Gagai and Leilua - something Reed just doesn't have. He's a good defender but we need more genuine attacking options in the backline. If Bennett can't get him firing then he'll be bumped into the forwards or moved on.

Yeah.. I'm not sure what you're talking about tbh Foordy lol

Gagai and BJ are like the polar opposites of Reed.

It was something that was said about reed and Bennett by someone when Bennett signed and it's been peddled out by Bennett haters ever since without any clarification

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Kahu showed more speed and promise in his one game this year than almost anyone else in our team, he made a few errors, but that was bound to happen considering it was a final and his first NRL game all year, I honestly hope he's starting on the wing next year and gets a full injury free pre-season under his belt, he could be an elite winger.

I have no problem with Kahu in contention for the spot, for his sake he will need a top off season, can't afford another injury setback.

Last edited:
Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Probably because Bennett was known for picking players like Tonie Carroll and Darren Smith to play out-wide.

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
could do far worse then those two in the centre's and didn't Darren Smith equal Steve Renouf's record for most tries for the Broncos and top tryscorer in the NRL in 1998? Don't take that as me comparing Reed to them it's not. At the end of the day I don't think he has any particular bias towards either or even both, plenty of players with different physical traits have played there at all the clubs his coached over the years.

Last edited:
Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Yeah, I don't think he has a bias either way either, just pointing out where the perception may come from as he also played Prior, Costigan & Scott out-wide during his tenure at the Dragons.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Yeah, I don't think he has a bias either way either, just pointing out where the perception may come from as he also played Prior, Costigan & Scott out-wide during his tenure at the Dragons.

Not as first choice though

Danoz Direct

Danoz Direct

NRL Captain
Oct 12, 2013
Player Contracted in 2015 (sorry if I miss some)

Ajuma Adams
Ben Barba
Marmin Barba
Dale Copley
Mitchell Dodds
Jordan Drew
Greg Eden
Mitch Garbutt
James Gavet
Matt Gillett
Alex Glenn
David Hala
Justin Hodges
Josh Hoffman
Ben Hunt
Jordan Kahu
Martin Kennedy
Todd Lowrie
Lachlan Maranta
Andrew McCullough
Josh McGuire
Anthony Milford
Francis Molo
Jayden Nikorima
Kodi Nikorima
Corey Oates
Joe Offahengaue
Corey Parker
Jack Reed
David Stagg
Zach Strasser
Ashley Taylor
Sam Thaiday
Daniel Vidot
Jarrod Wallace
Joe Boyce
Matt Parcell
Jai Arrow
Brett Greinke

Active Now

• teampjta
  • Brocko
  • Jazza
  • Maroon4life
  • Scdeac
  • Cavalo
  • Culhwch
  • thenry
  • Midean
  • Galah
  • Rowdy124
  • Organix
  • Lurker
  • MrTickyMcG
  • RodF
  • Manofoneway
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.