Broncos - 2015 Discussion

Rhys van Beurden

Rhys van Beurden

QCup Player
Jun 20, 2013
I am seeing Gillett a bit differently to some of you. I see him as a game breaker against tired forwards, coming off the bench but still getting good minutes.

I tend to agree. I loved his contributions from the bench in 2011 and 2012, but felt he was dulled somewhat when he started (and his shonky defense exposed more). He is a great player coming off your bench for Thaiday, who doesn't play big minutes anyway.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
This would be the team I would choose:

1. Boyd/Barba
2. Vidot
3. Copley
4. Hodges
5. Kahu
6. Milford
7. Hunt
8. McGuire
9. McCullough
10. Kennedy
11. Gillett
12. Thaiday
13. Parker

14. Glenn
15. Oates
16. Gavet
17. Garbutt

+1

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
This would be the team I would choose:

1. Boyd/Barba
2. Vidot
3. Copley
4. Hodges
5. Kahu
6. Milford
7. Hunt
8. McGuire
9. McCullough
10. Kennedy
11. Gillett
12. Thaiday
13. Parker

14. Glenn
15. Oates
16. Gavet
17. Garbutt

Forget Boyd, and swap Kahu for Maranta.

Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013
I am seeing Gillett a bit differently to some of you. I see him as a game breaker against tired forwards, coming off the bench but still getting good minutes.

Have always preferred him as an impact style player as well. Bring him on at the 20-25min mark IMO

Painin the Haas

Painin the Haas

NRL Player
Nov 10, 2013
I think Maranta puts in a lot of effort, but Kahu is a way better winger and is harder to deal with, having speed, size and strength.

I agree, I was never a maranta fan but I will admit but he improved as the season went on however id still go Kahu. he shows us glimpses of his talent and I am curious how good he could be if he had a full season in the NRL.

Can we all agree Kahu should never play a trial game ever again

B

Brent81

Made Legal Threat to BHQ
Oct 31, 2012
I agree, I was never a maranta fan but I will admit but he improved as the season went on however id still go Kahu. he shows us glimpses of his talent and I am curious how good he could be if he had a full season in the NRL.

Can we all agree Kahu should never play a trial game ever again

Specifically the Redcliffe trial lol.

Ps love this pack

8. McGuire
9. McCullough
10. Kennedy
11. Glenn
12. Thaiday
13. Parker

14. Gillett
15. Oates
16. Gavet
17. Garbutt

that's far better than (a lot of same people but playing better positionally) - Love the extra size with Garbutt and the aggression of Gavet

8. McGuire
9. McCullough
10. Parker
11. Glenn
12. Gillett
13. Thaiday

14. Kennedy
15. Hannant
16. Oates
17. Lowrie/Stagg

B

Brent81

Made Legal Threat to BHQ
Oct 31, 2012
Ps tell Barba to following Parker and Garbutt in attack.....Parker will do better taking the fourth run of a set (behind the two props and Thaiday)....

Can't wait!!!!

Painin the Haas

Painin the Haas

NRL Player
Nov 10, 2013
Ps tell Barba to following Parker and Garbutt in attack.....Parker will do better taking the fourth run of a set (behind the two props and Thaiday)....

Can't wait!!!!

Barba AND Milford following Parker and Garbutt is going to great to watch

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
I think Maranta puts in a lot of effort, but Kahu is a way better winger and is harder to deal with, having speed, size and strength.

Haven't seen enough of him in first grade to feel comfortable playing him ahead of Maranta right now, first one called up no issue.

CaptainHook

CaptainHook

NRL Player
Jun 17, 2013

Can't wait!!!!

Barba AND Milford following Parker and Garbutt is going to great to watch

Awesome just thinking about it! I don't subscribe to the theory that Bennett is the messiah or whatever and am trying to go into 2015 with realistic expectations. . . but then I read awesome posts like these and get excited! Bring on 2015! We have some players that can do some damage and I can't wait to see us in action!

Haven't seen enough of him in first grade to feel comfortable playing him ahead of Maranta right now, first one called up no issue.

Agreed. Maranta deserves to keep his spot but I like Kahu. He's tough. One thing I've criticised the side of over the last few seasons is having a soft underbelly. Guys like Kahu can fix that. He's shown remarkable patience and persistence to come back from his injuries. He has that toughness that could probably rub off on other guys. I clould be just a softie when it comes to Kahu but I hope he kicks on - have always said he's deceptively strong and fast. I'm a Boyd fan but I would rather go with Kahu - that's how much I rate him.

Danoz Direct

Danoz Direct

NRL Captain
Oct 12, 2013
Awesome just thinking about it! I don't subscribe to the theory that Bennett is the messiah or whatever and am trying to go into 2015 with realistic expectations. . . but then I read awesome posts like these and get excited! Bring on 2015! We have some players that can do some damage and I can't wait to see us in action!

Agreed. Maranta deserves to keep his spot but I like Kahu. He's tough. One thing I've criticised the side of over the last few seasons is having a soft underbelly. Guys like Kahu can fix that. He's shown remarkable patience and persistence to come back from his injuries. He has that toughness that could probably rub off on other guys. I clould be just a softie when it comes to Kahu but I hope he kicks on - have always said he's deceptively strong and fast. I'm a Boyd fan but I would rather go with Kahu - that's how much I rate him.

Maranta may have earned his spot, but it is not about earning it, its about being the best in the team at that position.

CaptainHook

CaptainHook

NRL Player
Jun 17, 2013
Maranta may have earned his spot, but it is not about earning it, its about being the best in the team at that position.

Yes and no, Danoz. I think it is about earning it to a certain extent. I don't think he's done enough to lose his spot.

Danoz Direct

Danoz Direct

NRL Captain
Oct 12, 2013
Yes and no, Danoz. I think it is about earning it to a certain extent. I don't think he's done enough to lose his spot.

I guess we have a difference in opinion, I don't think he's done enough to have a mortgage on the position.

CaptainHook

CaptainHook

NRL Player
Jun 17, 2013
I guess we have a difference in opinion, I don't think he's done enough to have a mortgage on the position.

Fair enough. I wouldn't call it a mortgage either but in my opinion he's had a better year than Reed, Barba and quite a few others. My point is is if he's dropped and those remain it's a disgrace - we may as well have kept Griffin.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
I'd prefer Kahu at this stage, unless he ends up being an absolute dud defensively. He has shown a lot more in attack.

Danoz Direct

Danoz Direct

NRL Captain
Oct 12, 2013
Fair enough. I wouldn't call it a mortgage either but in my opinion he's had a better year than Reed, Barba and quite a few others. My point is is if he's dropped and those remain it's a disgrace - we may as well have kept Griffin.

I don't think Reed or Maranta should be in the team next year, Copley should be in the centres and Kahu on the wing. I think Barba is a different story he was playing at an uncomfortable weight and had a structure that did not suit him.

CaptainHook

CaptainHook

NRL Player
Jun 17, 2013
I don't think Reed or Maranta should be in the team next year, Copley should be in the centres and Kahu on the wing. I think Barba is a different story he was playing at an uncomfortable weight and had a structure that did not suit him.

Excuses, excuses for Barba imo, but am liking the Copley, Kahu idea.

Active Now

• mieko
  • Xzei
  • Wolfie
  • Lozza
  • Bucking Beads
  • mitch222
  • BroncosAlways
  • Browny
  • mystico
  • Alec
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.