Broncos - 2015 Discussion

Excuses, excuses for Barba imo, but am liking the Copley, Kahu idea.

Fair enough, I think if he got to his optimum weight and had a slightly different game plan, he would kill it next year.

I'm of the opinion that we should give Barba a chance at fullback again. Not everyone has great season all the time. 2014 certainly wasn't one of Barba's finer seasons due to a combination of factors, however on the flip side, Barba does have the ability to produce a brilliant season as well.

Barba is a confidence player, and when he has confidence, he is lethal. When he is down on confidence, he really suffers. Bennett is the man to provide him that confidence, something Des Hasler did very well with Barba. Bennett is able to care for his players, giving them the support needed to shine on the football field.

I believe Milford may be a similar type of player. When he is confident, he'll produce miraculous footy, however, if he is down on confidence, he may go into his shell a little. We still don't know whether Milford will fire in 2015. For all we know he may produce a season like Barba did, but I'm certain we wont just discard him cause he hasn't set the world on fire instantly. Same with Barba, we just have to be patient, cause when he regains his confidence, he's is a proven match winner.

Last edited:
I'm of the opinion that we should give Barba a chance at fullback again. Not everyone has great season all the time. 2014 certainly wasn't one of Barba's finer seasons due to a combination of factors, however on the flip side, Barba does have the ability to produce a brilliant season as well.

Barba is a confidence player, and when he has confidence, he is lethal. When he is down on confidence, he really suffers. Bennett is the man to provide him that confidence, something Des Hasler did very well with Barba. Bennett is able to care for his players, giving them the support needed to shine on the football field.

I believe Milford may be a similar type of player. When he is confident, he'll produce miraculous footy, however, if he is down on confidence, he may go into his shell a little. We still don't know whether Milford will fire in 2015. For all we know he may produce a season like Barba did, but I'm certain we wont just discard him cause he hasn't set the world on fire instantly. Same with Barba, we just have to be patient, cause when he regains his confidence, he's is a proven match winner.

100%. You think the exact same as I do.

Also. . I'm feeling sorry for all the Reed haters. He's a quality player, resilient, tough, and one of the best defensive Centres the game. He's the reason we smashed manly this year. . He shut lyon down so much to make him extremely ineffective.

I love copley in the centres.. I really do. . But at the moment, I think he's best to wait behind Hodges who honestly has only two years left anyway. . And most probably not even two full years. . Everyone keeps posting team lists and that's all good, but Hodges goes down easy. We all know it but forget it when he's all better and playing awesome. So let's think, if Hodges is out, then who plays wing/centre..

You're bettet off keeping reed who is reliable and when he's in form (and has a decent attacking 5/8th inside him creating opportunities) he is a great attacking player. He draws and passes really well, passes are well timed and can also finish well. What's important in a team sport are combinations. Reed had a terrific combination with Hoffman in '13 where hoffman was lead try scorer for a while. Now he has had a full year with vidot, I think that combination will fire once vidot becomes more like a traditional winger and improves his finishing.

Saying that, let's keep the copley/hodges combination. What a perfect mentor for a young gun centre then to learn paying outside of one of the best we've seen in the game for a long time. And maranta is getting better and better. . He can play outside copley when hodgo is out from injury or even origin.

And to all those arguing about backline positioms.....Who will play fullback when boyd (if he comes) is off at origin? Let me leave that with you

Also. . I'm feeling sorry for all the Reed haters. He's a quality player, resilient, tough, and one of the best defensive Centres the game. He's the reason we smashed manly this year. . He shut lyon down so much to make him extremely ineffective.

I love copley in the centres.. I really do. . But at the moment, I think he's best to wait behind Hodges who honestly has only two years left anyway. . And most probably not even two full years. . Everyone keeps posting team lists and that's all good, but Hodges goes down easy. We all know it but forget it when he's all better and playing awesome. So let's think, if Hodges is out, then who plays wing/centre..

You're bettet off keeping reed who is reliable and when he's in form (and has a decent attacking 5/8th inside him creating opportunities) he is a great attacking player. He draws and passes really well, passes are well timed and can also finish well. What's important in a team sport are combinations. Reed had a terrific combination with Hoffman in '13 where hoffman was lead try scorer for a while. Now he has had a full year with vidot, I think that combination will fire once vidot becomes more like a traditional winger and improves his finishing.

Saying that, let's keep the copley/hodges combination. What a perfect mentor for a young gun centre then to learn paying outside of one of the best we've seen in the game for a long time. And maranta is getting better and better. . He can play outside copley when hodgo is out from injury or even origin.

And to all those arguing about backline positioms.....Who will play fullback when boyd (if he comes) is off at origin? Let me leave that with you

I understand what your saying, but if we were to keep the Copley/Hodges combo, I'd prefer Kahu at centre over Reed. I feel Kahu should of and would of been an elite NRL player had injuries not hampered him.

The fact he is a fullback, and the best young fullback I'd ever seen, is unfortunate to his NRL aspirations at the moment considering the number of fullbacks already at the club, however he could really own that centre position.

He has speed, footwork, class, great football awereness/instinct and an overall polished game which will only get better with an extended run in the NRL.

He is the most naturally gifted and complete fullback I have ever seen coming through the grades, and had it not been for injuries, he should of been our fullback after K.Hunt left, but it wasn't to be, which was a great shame.

Last edited:

It is just that Copley is far more effective at left centre than right centre.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...for-jarryd-hayne/story-fniabng4-1227091804481

With Eels superstar Jarryd Hayne sensationally quitting the game, club CEO Scott Seward has revealed Folau joins a hit list of potential recruits including Manly’s Kieran Foran, Brisbane livewire Ben Barba and fellow Bronco Josh Hoffman.

Looks like we might've found a suitor for Barba.. if they luck out on Folau, I dare say they'll be wanting Barba pretty badly.

If we can pawn Barba off on the Eels, sign Boyd & retain Hoffman on the wing, I think we'd be going into next year with our best squad since 2006. I really hope Hoffman realises that his future is on the wing and sticks around for next year, even if he gets a Fullback job somewhere else, it's going to be at a shit team, it's probably in his best interest to wait until 2016 to look elsewhere anyway.

1. Boyd
2. Hoffman
3. Copley
4. Hodges
5. Vidot
6. Milford
7. Hunt

:love:

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...for-jarryd-hayne/story-fniabng4-1227091804481

Looks like we might've found a suitor for Barba.. if they luck out on Folau, I dare say they'll be wanting Barba pretty badly.

If we can pawn Barba off on the Eels, sign Boyd & retain Hoffman on the wing, I think we'd be going into next year with our best squad since 2006. I really hope Hoffman realises that his future is on the wing and sticks around for next year, even if he gets a Fullback job somewhere else, it's going to be at a shit team, it's probably in his best interest to wait until 2016 to look elsewhere anyway.

1. Boyd
2. Hoffman
3. Copley
4. Hodges
5. Vidot
6. Milford
7. Hunt

:love:

I'd like to think that if Folau was going to come back we'd stand a chance at his signature. We can get rid of Hoffman and Barba in that case.

If Folau wants a return to the NRL, Broncos should seriously chase him.

Get rid of anyone we don't need to bring him to the club.

Folau's x-factor could really be the last piece of the puzzle. He could even be a decent replacement in the centre for Hodgeo.

Copley was more lethal at left centre than what he was at right centre.

Folau will never come back to Brisbane. He loves Sydney too much. That's why when he signed with Union it was with the Waratahs.

Folau's x-factor could really be the last piece of the puzzle. He could even be a decent replacement in the centre for Hodgeo.

Just my opinion; i believe we may have seen the best of Folou already in NRL when he played for us.

He has been away from the game for a long time; i would not personally bother trying to convince him to resign, he would cost a fortune and inhibit the development of some great potential we already have on the books now..

I feel that boat has sailed, tiem to move on etc...

Just my opinion; i believe we may have seen the best of Folou already in NRL when he played for us.

He has been away from the game for a long time; i would not personally bother trying to convince him to resign, he would cost a fortune and inhibit the development of some great potential we already have on the books now..

I feel that boat has sailed, tiem to move on etc...

Agree completely, Dazza. The cynic in me thinks whenever Folau's name is trumpeted as a possible return I just put it down more often than not to shrewd business by his management to up his price for union. The guy is pretty much the public face of that code so much that I can't see him ever leaving it.

Unread

Active Now

• Locky's Left Boot
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Mighty Bronx
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.