Broncos - 2015 Discussion

Based on what has been confirmed/strongly rumoured, this would be my top 17 for the start of 2015

1. Boyd
2. Vidot
3. Reed
4. Hodges
5. Copley
6. Milford
7. Hunt
8. McGuire
9. Macca
10. Parker
11. Glenn
12. Thaiday
13. Gillett

14. Barba
15. Oates
16. Garbutt
17. Joe Ofa/Gavet (when back)

Based on what has been confirmed/strongly rumoured, this would be my top 17 for the start of 2015

1. Boyd
2. Vidot
3. Reed
4. Hodges
5. Copley
6. Milford
7. Hunt
8. McGuire
9. Macca
10. Parker
11. Glenn
12. Thaiday
13. Gillett

14. Barba
15. Oates
16. Garbutt

I like it, I would take out Reed and put Copley there and then put Kahu on the wing, but thats just me.

1. Boyd
2. Vidot
3. Reed
4. Hodges
5. Copley
6. Milford
7. Hunt
8. McGuire
9. Macca
10. Parker
11. Glenn
12. Thaiday
13. Gillett

14. Barba
15. Oates
16. Garbutt

Good team. I like Barba on the bench and can't really understand all the hostility towards the idea. Only changes for me would be Copley in the centres and either Maranta or Kahu on the wing.

Have been thinking of our forwards and I have an idea. How about starting Gavet and McGuire? Has Gavet's shoulder injury been confirmed? Bad news if it is but when he's fit I reckon he should start. It frees up Parker to revert to the second row and Glenn or Gillett to the bench where they could probably make more of an impact.

My problem with Barba on the bench is who does he replace?

One problem with having all 3 of Thaiday, Glenn and Gillett in the back row is that they are all pretty terrible locks.

Good team. I like Barba on the bench and can't really understand all the hostility towards the idea. Only changes for me would be Copley in the centres and either Maranta or Kahu on the wing.

Have been thinking of our forwards and I have an idea. How about starting Gavet and McGuire? Has Gavet's shoulder injury been confirmed? Bad news if it is but when he's fit I reckon he should start. It frees up Parker to revert to the second row and Glenn or Gillett to the bench where they could probably make more of an impact.

If Parker was to play Lock instead of prop I would probably have Garbutt starting, I think Gavet is more of an impact player.

If Parker was to play Lock instead of prop I would probably have Garbutt starting, I think Gavet is more of an impact player.

For sure. I wouldn't mind either Gavet or Garbutt starting. I like the idea of an experienced prop partnered with a younger player. So even if Parker stays in the front row and McGuire gets bumped to the second row to accommodate Garbutt I'd be ok with that.

Remember the days (circa 2004 maybe) when we would have the game in control until Webcke and Civoniceva both came off. That's when other teams started to take momentum back. We've signed Garbutt and Gavet. They're both highly recommended - let's give them a genuine shot.

One problem with having all 3 of Thaiday, Glenn and Gillett in the back row is that they are all pretty terrible locks.

Agreed. I have problems with the back row in general, tbh. It's why I want Parker back there. I think highly of Gillett, Glenn and Thaiday and think they're very talented individually - don't think they make the best combination in the back row though.

i hope gillet picks up his game next season. he's a rep player and should dominate more.

I would have Dodds and McGuire starting with Garbutt and Gavet off the bench for impact

Solid without being flashy. Right through U20s just seemed to complement McGuire and was progressing when hit with his latest injury

Never really seen Dodds play, how good is he?

He is pretty decent, similiar player to mcguire but a bit more agressive.....the last few games he played before his injury showed a lot of promise. He has been out for a long time which is a shame. Only really came of the bench for us

With the signing of Boyd announced and confirmed this is what our backline while probably look like next year

1: Boyd
2: Vidot
3: Copley
4: Hodges
5: Oates/Barba
6: Milford
7: Hunt

That isn't a backline to turn your nose up at. I would like to see Oates play first grade and get developed I'm a fan of him and think he has some very good potential. Not a fan of Boyd at fullback but at least Milford will be playing in the halves and getting his hands on the ball as often as possible and will undoubtedly be an improvement on Hoffman. Barba will be find life very tough in getting back in to the side as Bennett will always play Boyd no matter what and he likes picking big guys in the backline.

Solid without being flashy. Right through U20s just seemed to complement McGuire and was progressing when hit with his latest injury

Is a player that you could see playing origin or just your typical first grade prop?

With the signing of Boyd announced and confirmed this is what our backline while probably look like next year

1: Boyd
2: Vidot
3: Copley
4: Hodges
5: Oates/Barba
6: Milford
7: Hunt

That isn't a backline to turn your nose up at. I would like to see Oates play first grade and get developed I'm a fan of him and think he has some very good potential. Not a fan of Boyd at fullback but at least Milford will be playing in the halves and getting his hands on the ball as often as possible and will undoubtedly be an improvement on Hoffman. Barba will be find life very tough in getting back in to the side as Bennett will always play Boyd no matter what and he likes picking big guys in the backline.

Oates can come off the bench as a backrower, put Kahu on the wing.

Unread

Active Now

• theshed
  • Manofoneway
  • Gaz
  • BroncsNBundy
  • Alec
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.