Broncos - 2015 Discussion

Don't see the love for Kahu on the wing to be honest. Thought he was a bit slow with all his leg troubles. I think he is a fullback or a centre, but not a winger.

I wouldn't mind Dodds starting at lock if Parker is kept as a front rower. Actually, he, McGuire and Parker all strike me as locks. But if the alternative is Thaiday being there, I'd have all 3 of them in the middle for sure.

I like it, I would take out Reed and put Copley there and then put Kahu on the wing, but thats just me.

Agreed .....why move Copley. His best year yet with us and for the majority he played in his natural position in the centres.

**** Reed.

I like the idea of Dodds but I don't think he's good enough to be a consistent starter. He was firming in 2013, but it's been a long between drinks since he strung a couple of promising performances together.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Bennett go with a Lowrie at Lock. I remember reading that Wayne is looking to play Thaiday exclusively as a fringe runner so either Parker goes back there with a Garbutt, Gavet, Wallace or Dodds stepping up, convert Glenn or Gillett into that role or promote Lowrie/Stagg into that role.

Ugh, I hope not Pete.

If we have to go down such a ridiculous path of Parker not being our lock, at least make it Arrow or McGuire.

If Parker is forced to play prop due to a lack of options, you and me both know McGuire will be right up there too.

I can see Arrow as a smokey off the bench but he isn't getting a full-time starting gig as a lock.

I suspect we have another forward coming but the Broncos are definitely in a bind at least in the short term.

The reason Parker got moved up last year wasn't a lack of props, it was too many good back-rowers. We haven't lost any, so there should be no way Lowrie gets a starting spot. Gillett at lock for me, he does fewer arm grabs in the middle.

The reason Parker got moved up last year wasn't a lack of props, it was too many good back-rowers. We haven't lost any, so there should be no way Lowrie gets a starting spot. Gillett at lock for me, he does fewer arm grabs in the middle.

We have too many "quality" 2nd rowers. Our only quality lock was Parker, and likely McGuire.

I wouldn't be surprised if Gillett ended up being a lot better than Thaiday there though, Thaiday is way too lazy. I actually think Thaiday is long past it now pretty much everywhere.

We have too many "quality" 2nd rowers. Our only quality lock was Parker, and likely McGuire.

I wouldn't be surprised if Gillett ended up being a lot better than Thaiday there though, Thaiday is way too lazy. I actually think Thaiday is long past it now pretty much everywhere.

I think Thaiday will be good this year. Bennett will work him like a dog. He'll be playing on the fringes and running at halves. And it's a contract year, just like 2011. I am not confident on it continuing after this year though.

I'm with you on Thaiday all the talk about wanting to be a bronco for life yet over the years you would think he was just lining up for his pay check after a regular gig and when required steps up around time contract discussions come up. Not only do I feel he needs to step up in 2015 he needs to maintain it.

The contract theory is a myth.

During 2011 he was diagnosed with ostesis pubis, a debilitating groin injury that's affected a lot of careers in multiple sports. It's difficult to manage and he hasn't been as good since.

Very true BP.

Besides, if the rumours are to be believed that Wayne will return the captaincy to Sammy, it's not likely to be in his short term plans to sack him...

Damn, all the captaincy candidates outside of Parker are so bad...

McCullough, just not a very good player.
Thaiday, way past it.
Glenn, mediocre for the last 2 years.
Hodges, plays 8 games a season.

Damn, all the captaincy candidates outside of Parker are so bad...

McCullough, just not a very good player.
Thaiday, way past it.
Glenn, mediocre for the last 2 years.
Hodges, plays 8 games a season.

What about Hunt?

I dunno if he's going to be considered yet. He still has a LOT of developing to do.

Active Now

• Locky's Left Boot
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Lurker
  • Bucking Beads
  • Culhwch
  • Jazza
  • ettybay
  • Dexter
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Dash
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.