Broncos - 2015 Discussion

CaptainHook

CaptainHook

NRL Player
Jun 17, 2013
If memory serves, there was a lot of media hype surrounding Beale in 2008. He was training with the top squad and was in the mix for the vacant wing spot that ultimately went to Reece Robinson. The hype was further amplified when he was our best player in the Broncos first ever NYC game that also happened to be televised so he was receiving a bit of acclaim around the web. Members weren't signing up with his last name just because they happened to like it, the kid had wraps.

Then the fans turned on him in 2010 after he had a few stinkers in first grade.

Good points, Pete. I think he redeemed himself in 2011 though. He was absolutely outstanding at fullback in our charge to the finals. He was also pretty good in 2012 as well. I, for one, was sorry to see him go.

He cops a lot of flak for the accident with Lockyer but if he doesn't take that ball the Dragons score and we lose anyway.

I also think Gerard Beale was and is a better fullback than Josh Hoffman.

CaptainHook

CaptainHook

NRL Player
Jun 17, 2013
I think K Nikorima played better then Milford. He at least tried to make a impact on the game Milford did f### all. Eden looked okay same to Parcell. I know everyone is sayin Kahu for fullback but I want Kodi to get a shot and Eden outside Hodges.

Yep - pretty much how I saw it as well, rhino.

I'd like to see Eden figure into team selections somewhere and Nikorima as well. The Nines though are a bit of a double edged sword - if a player we like goes pretty good critics will say "let's see him do it in the NRL." If an NRL standard player fares poorly in the tournament critics will say "Who cares? It's only the Nines."

It's tough to gauge one way or the other.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Good points, Pete. I think he redeemed himself in 2011 though. He was absolutely outstanding at fullback in our charge to the finals. He was also pretty good in 2012 as well. I, for one, was sorry to see him go.

He cops a lot of flak for the accident with Lockyer but if he doesn't take that ball the Dragons score and we lose anyway.

I also think Gerard Beale was and is a better fullback than Josh Hoffman.

They don't score. The Broncos defense had them well covered, there were several players around the ball.

The Dragons players that ran through weren't contesting it, they were waiting for Beale to grab it. There was no need for Beale to jump.

I don't hate Beale for it, this stuff happens in footy. I can understand why he cops a lot of shit, though..

Last edited:
Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Kahu should get first crack at Fullback imo, he's earned it with his persistence. At least we know we've got some other options if he doesn't work out well.

I'm more worried about McCullough not improving and Milford being 5-7kg's overweight.

Socnorb

Socnorb

NRL Captain
Contributor
Aug 5, 2013
Yep - pretty much how I saw it as well, rhino.

I'd like to see Eden figure into team selections somewhere and Nikorima as well. The Nines though are a bit of a double edged sword - if a player we like goes pretty good critics will say "let's see him do it in the NRL." If an NRL standard player fares poorly in the tournament critics will say "Who cares? It's only the Nines."

It's tough to gauge one way or the other.
What about Eden on one wing. Don't know how he'd defend, but he has some gas.

T

Taylor1921

QCup Player
Apr 18, 2014
I really hope the Barba-syndrome isn't going to happen to Milford, he's leg and ass is fucking huge same with kodi. I was there in person today taking a few photos with them and Eden is a really nice guy and if you ask me the stand out for this below shit auckland nines team. I hope he is on the wing next year(he is lighting fast aswell)

B

bazza

NRL Player
Sep 24, 2013
Has Milford's weight really increased by 12 kilo's in 3 years...??? WOW that's a huge increase in muscle mass...

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Pretty impressed by Eden tbh. Hope he keeps it up because I'd love to see him either at FB or on the wing

CaptainHook

CaptainHook

NRL Player
Jun 17, 2013
They don't score. The Broncos defense had them well covered, there were several players around the ball.

The Dragons players that ran through weren't contesting it, they were waiting for Beale to grab it. There was no need for Beale to jump.

I don't hate Beale for it, this stuff happens in footy. I can understand why he cops a lot of ****, though..

I don't agree at all. Go back and watch it. There were more Dragons players closer to the ball than Broncos players. They may not have been contesting the ball but if it bounces they have a chance to launch a serious counter-attack. Saying we had them covered is not true, imo. Also saying Beale had no need to jump is all good in hindsight but I can understand him not wanting to take a chance.

CaptainHook

CaptainHook

NRL Player
Jun 17, 2013
What about Eden on one wing. Don't know how he'd defend, but he has some gas.

I'm certainly open to the idea. I like Maranta but the fact is he had a poor tournament - simple as that. Eden was pretty good.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
I think we're overreacting a bit to the Nines performance, we just need to make some minor changes.

Sack Bennett, sack Milford, sack Corvo.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
I don't agree at all. Go back and watch it. There were more Dragons players closer to the ball than Broncos players. They may not have been contesting the ball but if it bounces they have a chance to launch a serious counter-attack. Saying we had them covered is not true, imo. Also saying Beale had no need to jump is all good in hindsight but I can understand him not wanting to take a chance.

I would say Broncos pretty much had them covered. Their defense was brilliant that night, besides Broncos were leading 12-6.

Even if Dragons scored, it more than likely would have been a penalty for Dean Young being offside from the kick.

That part about Beale is pretty much why I don't hate him for it. He took the safer option and it kind of backfired. It happens. I'm just glad Lockyer went out with a win.

aavon5.jpg

Last edited:
Crazy Sam

Crazy Sam

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Not sure why we're going back over this but Beale was the fullback and with the ball going up, he was perfectly entitled to catch the ball as he saw fit as that was his role and his responsibility. Lockyer, being the champion player that he was, made the extra effort to get back and try and catch it himself and it was just unfortunate that he was collected by Beale.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Broncos $11 to win the premiership...

Storm at $13.. Wow.

Active Now

• Skyblues87
  • lynx000
  • scobie
  • Bucking Beads
  • Santa
  • Cavalo
  • Jazza
  • Culhwch
  • FACTHUNT
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.