Broncos - 2015 Discussion

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
If Macca is El Capitano, Corey Oates might get that bench spot? They might want him to play 80 minutes and Oates deserves a spot in the team.

Just paid for my membership for this year! So ridiculously keen.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Hodges left after the rest of the team because of the all stars game. Besides WB likes playing mind games with the media

Rhys van Beurden

Rhys van Beurden

QCup Player
Jun 20, 2013
Hodges and Parker are both there; there are photos of them training with the team on the Broncos website.

B

bazza

NRL Player
Sep 24, 2013
Just a quick thought, but would you guys prefer Bennett to stick with the same bench for the whole season (barring injury) or change the bench depending on who our opposition is...?

For example if we go up against a larger pack such as the Dogs, who have probably the largest pack in the NRL, we play our own big men off the bench to counter the oppositions size, however if we go up against a smaller pack such as the Dragons, we can afford to play utility players like Parcell/Nikorima (or Waddell).

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
Just a quick thought, but would you guys prefer Bennett to stick with the same bench for the whole season (barring injury) or change the bench depending on who our opposition is...?

For example if we go up against a larger pack such as the Dogs, who have probably the largest pack in the NRL, we play our own big men off the bench to counter the oppositions size, however if we go up against a smaller pack such as the Dragons, we can afford to play utility players like Parcell/Nikorima (or Waddell).

He definitely should adapt to the situation as they present themselves. It is a positive effect on multiple fronts; more players get consistent first grade appearances, it prevents our play from becoming too predictable and it gives us some more speedsters when the moment arises where they would be best suited.

B

bazza

NRL Player
Sep 24, 2013
He definitely should adapt to the situation as they present themselves. It is a positive effect on multiple fronts; more players get consistent first grade appearances, it prevents our play from becoming too predictable and it gives us some more speedsters when the moment arises where they would be best suited.

I am of the same opinion as you, which is why for round 1, facing a big South's pack despite the absence of S.Burgess (and Te'o) I would like to see the following forward pack.

8. McGuire
9.McCullough
10. Blair
11. Glenn
12. Thaiday
13. Parker

14. Gillett
15. Gavet
16. Garbutt
17. Oates

With that starting pack, as well as the two props and two second rowers on the bench, we'll be able to match Souths, both through the middle and on the fringes, whilst still having impact as a result of Gillett and Oates off the bench, allowing for some attacking opportunities.

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
The Dragons just uploaded the same picture on their Instagram saying "All 6 captains ahead of the World Club series".

B

bazza

NRL Player
Sep 24, 2013
The Dragons just uploaded the same picture on their Instagram saying "All 6 captains ahead of the World Club series".

Maybe Bennett wants to try and give Macca a run as Captain in an actual 80 min game. Since it still is a trial match he's probably just seeing how he responds to the challenge. He probably didn't see enough of what he could bring to the team as captain during the 9's.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
From the Lurker :laugh:

@CSD87 who will the FB for the @brisbanebroncos be? The Lurker: Wayne Bennett is in a dilemma - Ben Barba and Josh Hoffman have gone and Darius Boyd is out injured. I think he will go Justin Hodges - but Anthony Milford also a chance.

@CSD87  who will the FB for the @brisbanebroncos be? The Lurker: Wayne Bennett is in a dilemma - Ben Barba and Josh Hoffman have gone and Darius Boyd is out injured. I think he will go Justin Hodges - but Anthony Milford also a chance. (Photo by Ian H

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
Hodges and Milford are the logical choices. For someone who only looked at the team sheets from last year, has not followed any progress over the off-season and has no genuine contacts in the industry.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Hodges and Milford are the logical choices. For someone who only looked at the team sheets from last year, has not followed any progress over the off-season and has no genuine contacts in the industry.

... Or read a newspaper.

Honestly the lurker is beyond a joke

Smokin' Joe

Smokin' Joe

QCup Player
Dec 11, 2013

Don't be at all surprised to see Hodges playing in his usual number, but playing a bit at the back....

Danoz Direct

Danoz Direct

NRL Captain
Oct 12, 2013
Don't be at all surprised to see Hodges playing in his usual number, but playing a bit at the back....

But I assume Kahu will still retain most of the fullback duties and Hodges will just be there to show the opposition something different.

Active Now

• Behind enemy lines
  • Seibs
  • maddo
  • Justwin
  • Manofoneway
  • Bish
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.