Broncos 2020 Squad

View attachment 6952

Does this not make anyone else angry at the incompetence of our club?

1 mil over two years for Latrell Mitchell..

Meanwhile we're spending 3 mil on Boyd, Bird and Milford PER YEAR.

I bet we're paying Croft around 500k aswell..

No. Not angry at all. LM is shit.
What would have made me angry is the incompetence of our club if it had bent over backwards to sign an overrated and overpaid lazy ass centre

Boyd blazing trail as Broncos backs battle for spots

The Broncos' abundance of options in their three-quarter line has presented coach Anthony Seibold with "a good headache to have".

Kiwi international Jamayne Isaako's move to fullback has opened up at least one spot on the wing in 2020. The race for round one positions on the flanks and in the centres is already on.

Captain Darius Boyd, in line for a centre or wing spot, has already made a statement at training after returning from the Christmas break in peak condition.

Boyd won the club fitness test on Monday at training and Seibold said he was "leading the way" with what has been a gruelling pre-season.

This certainly points toward Boyd being selected somewhere

View attachment 6952

Does this not make anyone else angry at the incompetence of our club?

1 mil over two years for Latrell Mitchell..

Meanwhile we're spending 3 mil on Boyd, Bird and Milford PER YEAR.

I bet we're paying Croft around 500k aswell..

No this makes me angry at the NRL for playing favourites with the Rabbitohs. As long as my arse points south there is NO WAY Burgess and Inglis should have been allowed to be exempt from the cap following their medical retirements. They should have been in no position to afford Arrow and Mitchell. Everyone memes about the roosters and the salary "sombrero" and the Broncos & TPA's but Souths have gotten away with blue murder here. **** Souths. **** Bennett. And **** Greenberg while we're at it.

I hope Mitchell is a dud at fullback then spits the dummy and goes AWOL when he's asked to go back to centre.

If Bird has a good year what are the odds that the Roosters might chase him?

Boyd has always been leading the way at training when it comes to fitness. He’s one of the fittest blokes in the group and always puts in the effort.

But for some reason it’s a different story out on the field on game day.

If he shows that same effort in the trials I would be happy to give him a go but I have a feeling that’s just not going to happen.

Boyd has always been leading the way at training when it comes to fitness. He’s one of the fittest blokes in the group and always puts in the effort.

If he shows that same effort in the trials I would be happy to give him a go but I have a feeling that’s just not going to happen.

Effort or no effort he will be on the field this year, no doubt about it

Anyone know who in our squad are the quickest over say 50 and 100m?

Last edited:

Boyd plays like he is lacking testosterone.

He’s getting older too so that doesn’t help.

No this makes me angry at the NRL for playing favourites with the Rabbitohs. As long as my arse points south there is NO WAY Burgess and Inglis should have been allowed to be exempt from the cap following their medical retirements. They should have been in no position to afford Arrow and Mitchell. Everyone memes about the roosters and the salary "sombrero" and the Broncos & TPA's but Souths have gotten away with blue murder here. **** Souths. **** Bennett. And **** Greenberg while we're at it.

I hope Mitchell is a dud at fullback then spits the dummy and goes AWOL when he's asked to go back to centre.

Inglis wasn’t exempt. His salary up to retirement was included last season- 500k and his new role is included last year and this year.

Same as what they did for Panthers/Wallace.

Last edited:
Anyone know who in our squad are the quickest over say 50 and 100m?
I'd be surprised if 100 metre runs were part of their training or testing, but over 50 metres it's probably a case of being able to throw a blanket over the field and hitting everyone except Lodge and McCullough.

It's like you can see the future :)

I'd be surprised if 100 metre runs were part of their training or testing, but over 50 metres it's probably a case of being able to throw a blanket over the field and hitting everyone except Lodge and McCullough.

True I guess. I'd like to see Stagg's time for the 50 and 100

Staggs is in the rehab group - foot injury from Tonga game.

Thanks for that.

About sprinting, and sprinting at training .. I would have thought that the coaching staff would have done sprint training and kept times?

Last edited:
Boyd blazing trail as Broncos backs battle for spots

The Broncos' abundance of options in their three-quarter line has presented coach Anthony Seibold with "a good headache to have".

Kiwi international Jamayne Isaako's move to fullback has opened up at least one spot on the wing in 2020. The race for round one positions on the flanks and in the centres is already on.

Captain Darius Boyd, in line for a centre or wing spot, has already made a statement at training after returning from the Christmas break in peak condition.

Boyd won the club fitness test on Monday at training and Seibold said he was "leading the way" with what has been a gruelling pre-season.

This certainly points toward Boyd being selected somewhere
Yep. Left centre.

Staggs off the bench

Easy to be fit when you're not getting smashed by 100kg dudes for 80 min straight..

Boyd has always been fit. That's not his issue

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Broncosgirl
  • Broncorob
  • Mustafur
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Battler
  • I bleed Maroon
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.