Broncos 2020 Squad

Is Lachlan Timm on a train and trial contract with us? If so, any news on how he is going?
I like what I have seen of him. I hope he is. I would also like to get Eddie Blacker back

Is Lachlan Timm on a train and trial contract with us? If so, any news on how he is going?

Signed with Dolphins not Broncos. Just a training option at the moment. He’s busting his arse. If he keeps training like he is and then can show his 2018 ISC form and play for Residents again he will go close to filling a spot maybe next year.

Last edited:
Signed with Dolphins not Broncos. Just a training option at the moment. He’s busting his arse. If he keeps training like he is and then can show his 2018 ISC form and play for Residents again he will go close to filling a spot maybe next year.
Thanks for the update mate.

Isaako playing FB on seconds team.... Niu or Bird playing FB on firsts?.

It may just be wishful thinking from me but does anyone else think that the players appear to be closer and fitter than ever?
I’ve seen way more posts on social media of the boys doing things together and from all the pictures I’ve seen at training everyone seems to be in career best shape.

Well said mate. I agree whole heartedly.
I take issue with the fact that they pioneered the type of wrestling / slowing down the ruck, exploiting the rules and constantly finding tactics to bend and exploit said rules... The game we watch today would no doubt be more enjoyable if this Melb team had never existed, they have transformed the game from a free-flowing, enjoyable spectacle to a niggling, wrestle-fest where some teams blatantly break rules knowing that referees do not have the heart to continuously penalise them for fear of 'ruining the game'.

ALL THAT SAID... that is just personal opinion and if it had not been Melb / Bellamy who kickstarted this transformation them someone else likely would have in time.

The real issue I have with Melbourne is that they are OUTRIGHT CHEATERS. They intentionally and systematically cheated the salary cap system to win multiple tarnished premierships and then continued to reap the fruits of those infractions for many years afterwards.

It is a filthy and scummy organisation and I'm proud our Broncos aren't like this.

Any useful updates from training during this quiet period?

Wasn't really sure where to put this so please move it if it is not in the right place mods.

Just wondering if the broncos have links to any of the players listed in the "future maroons" stories the courier mail did this year. So far six parts:
PART ONE: Howarth, Mam, Cobbo, Vandenberg, Wright-Dunrobin

PART TWO: Walsh, Wavik, Savage, Clarkson, Nanai

PART THREE: Hagai, Hunt, Walker, Jenkins, Piakura

PART FOUR: Esera, Uhrle, Va’a, Hall, Chatfield-Mooka

PART FIVE: Vailalo, Shannon, Baigrie, Radel, Parnell

Part 6: Packer, Anderson, Porter, Higgins, Cesari

AAny top notch prospects there and what positions they play? Any the broncos really rate highly? The article doesn't really delve into the links to clubs with a lot of them. Doesn't seem to be a lot of broncos though, maybe juniors are seeing the talent we have currently and know there won't be an opening for a long time?

It's a story on the Under 18s QRL squad.

Ezra Mam (Five Eighth), Selwynn Cobbo (Centre), Keanu Wright-Dunrobin (Five Eighth), Reece Walsh (Fullback), Brendan Piakura (Second Row), Brocco Urhle (Prop), Xavier Va'a (Prop), Shaun Packer (Hooker) & Blake Cesari (Centre) are all with the Broncos.

They also missed Damon Somerville (Second Row) who is also with the club.

I'm unsure on Radel, Hall & Jenkins.

Pick of the bunch would be Reece Walsh, I expect to see him in QCup this season and I could see him working his way into the NRL squad for 2021.

“Footy down there is kind of different to Queensland."

Grand, of his move down south, said “Newcastle is alright ... I had Brocco (Uhrle) with me, so that was good".

Brocco, who played last season with the Norths Devils, was another player selected in the squad to take part in the weekend camp that focused on exposing future elite talent to the Queensland Maroons culture.

“He’s a good mate and we help each other out," Grand said.

So about Brocco...

It's a story on the Under 18s QRL squad.

Ezra Mam (Five Eighth), Selwynn Cobbo (Centre), Keanu Wright-Dunrobin (Five Eighth), Reece Walsh (Fullback), Brendan Piakura (Second Row), Brocco Urhle (Prop), Xavier Va'a (Prop), Shaun Packer (Hooker) & Blake Cesari (Centre) are all with the Broncos.

They also missed Damon Somerville (Second Row) who is also with the club.

I'm unsure on Radel, Hall & Jenkins.

Pick of the bunch would be Reece Walsh, I expect to see him in QCup this season and I could see him working his way into the NRL squad for 2021.

Walsh just had shoulder surgery and will miss the start of the MM season. If he’s ready to go full time mid year he will move sides.

Active Now

• Manofoneway
  • broncotville
  • Browny
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Dash
  • LittleDavey
  • Fitzy
  • phoenix
  • BroncosAlways
  • mitch222
  • Morkel
  • theshed
  • Horseheadsup
  • Bucking Beads
  • winslow_wong
  • MrMoore
  • Alec
  • Mister Wright
  • kiwibronco
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.