Broncos 2020 Squad

upthebroncs

NRL Player
Pretty big wrap on Paix saying he’s in the Damien Cook mould.
He must be a good chance of being our #14 as an impact hooker. Macca may be in Q Cup.. Or we could see him starting at lock..
Post automatically merged:

Just saw that Patrick Mago is in the Souths 9's squad, had no idea that's where he went.

Best of luck to him, solid player.
Have always liked Mago. I think he’ll be a decent chance of playing for Souths due to them losing two Burgess brothers and Sutton.

Last edited:

Fernando

NRL Player
Bris
He must be a good chance of being our #14 as an impact hooker. Macca may be in Q Cup.. Or we could see him starting at lock..
Post automatically merged:

Have always liked Mago. I think he’ll be a decent chance of playing for Souths due to them losing two Burgess brothers and Sutton.
Macca at lock would be a waste of a position when there’s Ofa on 500k and Carrigan. But yeah Paix must be a good shot of making it, I think Seibold is very deliberate with what he puts out in the media. Keen to see how Paix goes and how quick he is in the 9’s anyway.

State of Origin Captain
Macca at lock would be a waste of a position when there’s Ofa on 500k and Carrigan. But yeah Paix must be a good shot of making it, I think Seibold is very deliberate with what he puts out in the media. Keen to see how Paix goes and how quick he is in the 9’s anyway.
He’s quick in a run but I thought last season his decision making slowed him up. Good hookers don’t have unsuccessful runs because they only run when it’s on. I found Paix wasn’t too sure and then didn’t run.

Final against Tweed came off the bench to make an impact and ran 11m in 30 minutes and one kick. Just too passive from a bench hooker.

Richards is determine to make him a hooker, he picked him there in 2018 for Queensland with Boyd and Deaden at half.

Nines might get his confidence up but it won’t be a real economy because every ruck will mean run.

He’s quick in a run but I thought last season his decision making slowed him up. Good hookers don’t have unsuccessful runs because they only run when it’s on. I found Paix wasn’t too sure and then didn’t run.

Final against Tweed came off the bench to make an impact and ran 11m in 30 minutes and one kick. Just too passive from a bench hooker.

Richards is determine to make him a hooker, he picked him there in 2018 for Queensland with Boyd and Deaden at half.

Nines might get his confidence up but it won’t be a real economy because every ruck will mean run.
He had some nice touches in Q Cup, few nice assists and some smart plays. He's been a half, so he might just need time to adjust.

Foordy

International Captain
Staff
Should he be a hooker? And does he want to be?
he said in an interview on the Broncos website, that his preferred position is in the halves, but he's happy to play where we need him to

State of Origin Captain
Should he be a hooker? And does he want to be?
I don't think it was done correctly to give him the best chance. He was playing seven up till hurting his foot for Queensland and then he had six weeks off. When he came back he went to interchange for two games, then half then interchange then half.

His kicking game and tackling I was impressed with last year but his running and decision making even at half looked laboured. He had five try assists in 12 games in the halves. Two assists when at hooker. From 17 games not great. But it's a hard gig coming in and playing halves.

Tweed at Reddy was his best game at half he ran down the left all day and made breaks. That game he looked sure and confident same thing against Hunters looked like he knew his role and was good.

He looks like a player that needs clarity around what to do.

Unbreakable

International Rep
Staff
🌏
Based on that interview, it sounds like Bird may even be pushing ahead of Isaako at Fullback. Will depend on fitness and such, but it wouldn't surprise me if Bird starts at 1 and Jamayne is back on the right wing for Round 1.

Tera

NRL Player
There is not a single second of that interview I didn't enjoy. Siebs is looking settled and genuinely seems like a good manager, love the insight into his values regarding developing his staff as well.

CONFIRMATION.

Turpin is #1 in the depth chart, ahead of McCullough and then Paix.

View attachment 7105

Like or hate seibold as a coach he/the broncos have improved the media output and quality content massively.

I'm sure I'm not alone in wanting more content like this... Especially during the off season.

Kimlo

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Like or hate seibold as a coach he/the broncos have improved the media output and quality content massively.

I'm sure I'm not alone in wanting more content like this... Especially during the off season.
I've wanted more stuff like this for ages, I'm happy Seibold is open to it. It's kind of fucking important to engage the fans other than the 80 minutes a week.

Kimlo

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
Weird. Might restart my phone. I’d just whitelisted the website in Ad Guard Pro so I could watch the video, so maybe that had something to do with it.
Has a bad hiss the whole way through but I can hear it.

Club needs to invest in a not shit microphone.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nerd

Twitter