NEWS Broncos investigating alleged Payne Haas-Albert Kelly brawl video

**** me lads, have none of you guys never got loose on the goose and got a bit wild! Anyone would think this forum is a bunch snow white angels.

Calm it down, its not worth getting your panties too twisted

**** me lads, have none of you guys never got loose on the goose and got a bit wild! Anyone would think this forum is a bunch snow white angels.

None of us on this forum are professional athletes demanding a million dollars a year either.

The only thing remotely "shocking" about this video is that it's a minor scuffle between two blokes we'd hoped would be friendlier towards each other.

There's nothing illegal about it. The whole thing is weak as piss.
For mine is also a young prop punching a twighlight career half back. It's just poor form.

You really think the NRL will be competent enough to hold the line for three years under Vlandys rulership?

Like I said, it will all be part of a well orchestrated long play at getting him to Bondi at the start of '23. He gets sacked sometime before or after origin and of course all the right noises are made, he is not allowed to play for the remainder of the contract, yada yada yada. He goes off to Japanese rugby and right in the middle of offseason while some other scandal is happening so it doesn't make headlines, Haas is announced as going to the Roosters on a discounted deal so that they can 'fix' him as he is a changed man, deserves another shot and him going to the Roosters is good for the game. There might some other noise about one incident and he is gone, etc and of course somewhere in there, the Broncos will have to subsidise the deal for reasons.

The Broncos have some influential people too, people that can make all the right noises in the media, and we know how the NRL buckle to the media's whims. Now is the time to take advantage of Kev's relationships with the Old Boys. A couple of years ago they didn't want jack to do with the Broncos, well they've now got Kev the top job so lean on them for some support. Kick up a fucking stink about the NSWRL agenda and Politis & Co thinking they can do whatever they want, eg "the NRL surely aren't silly enough to allow this to happen under their nose, they are supposed to be a professional organisation run by an independent committee, it's time that they started acting that way and not let themselves get taken for suckers" etc etc.

Take 30 guys in their physical prime being paid way too much, with too much spare time, you'll get the occasional idiot.

It's not like we're St George where we have multiple players in court for rape allegations, G Burgess alleged "sexual touching", The dogs having players naked on balconies, Starling getting into multiple fights while drunk in the CBD, Curtis Scott being a fuckwit in public twice, Nathan Brown getting into scuffles with people while partying shirtless the night of a game, Tedesco hurling racist insults, Jake Friend threatening his partner with a knife, Kamikamicka allergedly assaulting a women in public then failing to attend court. Dylan Waker assaulting a pizza shop worker, Fonua Blake kicking his girlfriend, Sam Burgess laundry list or allegations, Penrith releasing sex tapes without consent, Bolton guilty of assaulting a women, Pearce fucking a dog, where do I stop?

I could go on and on. Our mob are angels in comparison to other teams.

Just because others do it i dont see why we should accept it. Bad behaviour is bad behaviour. Change has to start somewhere. We should be leading the way not following other clubs who seem reluctant to deal with their issues.

You are right, we have some good blokes here, but so do most clubs. We have had some utter stupidity in the last few years, especially from Fifita, Staggs and Haas. And thats only the stuff you hear about. I've heard about plenty of things that have left me shaking my head about quite a few of the squad in the last few years and they are lucky it never made the press. Some of those blokes are still here, others arent.

The thing is, Flegler belted Riki, he's never done anything stupid off the field before and that incident was pretty quickly forgotton. This is Paynes 4th incident. Losing his drivers license because he got caught speeding, then driving unlicensed and using a mobile phone, his failure to cooperate with the integrity unit ( which i dont think was overly bad, but still a black mark against his name ), his disgusting behaviour towards the police and now this ridiculous public fight apparently over some shoes. There is probably only one sackable offence in that lot, but then you start adding them all up and its a problem.

The only thing remotely "shocking" about this video is that it's a minor scuffle between two blokes we'd hoped would be friendlier towards each other.

There's nothing illegal about it. The whole thing is weak as piss.

Actually, its classed as public nuisance i believe. Which is illegal according to the Summary Offences act

A person commits a public nuisance offence if —
  • the person behaves in —
    • a disorderly way; or
    • an offensive way; or
    • a threatening way; or
    • a violent way; and
  • the person’s behaviour interferes, or is likely to interfere, with the peaceful passage through, or enjoyment of, a public place by a member of the public.”

I dont disagree, but my issue is its not his first issue. He's a repeat offender.

Nothing will happen though I dont believe anyone at the Broncos has the balls to stamp their authority on this playing group. He will offer another grovelling, fake apology about how he is sorry and how he will change for the better. I give him 2 years before we seem him in the headlines for the wrong reasons. He's a quality player, but not a quality person.

The Broncos have some influential people too, people that can make all the right noises in the media, and we know how the NRL buckle to the media's whims. Now is the time to take advantage of Kev's relationships with the Old Boys. A couple of years ago they didn't want jack to do with the Broncos, well they've now got Kev the top job so lean on them for some support. Kick up a fucking stink about the NSWRL agenda and Politis & Co thinking they can do whatever they want, eg "the NRL surely aren't silly enough to allow this to happen under their nose, they are supposed to be a professional organisation run by an independent committee, it's time that they started acting that way and not let themselves get taken for suckers" etc etc.

Wasn`t Uncle Nick gonna start his own comp ?

When was the last time our old boys came out and defended the club? Tallis? Defended Kevvie sure but not the club. Lockyer? Can barely string a sentene together. Wally? Talks so much about the one point everyone falls asleep. Parker? I don't think he likes how he's been treated too much, never quick to be positive about anything Broncos related. Benji? Ennis? Haha come on.

What you are saying is also what a professional organisation SHOULD do, unfortunately this sport is not run by professionals, it is run by idiots who have quite a questionable record on the corruption side of things. We don't have anywhere near the clout we once did unfortunately.

When was the last time our old boys came out and defended the club? Tallis? Defended Kevvie sure but not the club. Lockyer? Can barely string a sentene together. Wally? Talks so much about the one point everyone falls asleep. Parker? I don't think he likes how he's been treated too much, never quick to be positive about anything Broncos related. Benji? Ennis? Haha come on.

What you are saying is also what a professional organisation SHOULD do, unfortunately this sport is not run by professionals, it is run by idiots who have quite a questionable record on the corruption side of things. We don't have anywhere near the clout we once did unfortunately.

Their time to back the club is now. Like I said, the club instated Kev as the coach as a way to bridge the old and the new generation, what was the point in doing that if the Old Boys aren't going to stick up for the current team? It's absolute insanity that no one has come out and said "um, Haas is signed for 3 more years, what are you idiots on about thinking he's off to the Roosters?", so Kev needs to lean on his mates and ask for support.

Edit: And all the more reason the NRL needs to be called out publicly on their bullshit. The club needs to draw a line in the sand, now, and say that enough is enough, call the "Independent" nature of the Independent Commission in to question and ask who is actually running the show. We already know the answer to that, we have a NSW stooge calling all of the shots and making up rules on a whim. While it's true the Broncos need to be torn down and rebuilt, that will mean nothing until the same thing happens to the NRL.

Their time to back the club is now. Like I said, the club instated Kev as the coach as a way to bridge the old and the new generation, what was the point in doing that if the Old Boys aren't going to stick up for the current team? It's absolute insanity that no one has come out and said "um, Haas is signed for 3 more years, what are you idiots on about thinking he's off to the Roosters?", so Kev needs to lean on his mates and ask for support.

Edit: And all the more reason the NRL needs to be called out publicly on their bullshit. The club needs to draw a line in the sand, now, and say that enough is enough, call the "Independent" nature of the Independent Commission in to question and ask who is actually running the show. We already know the answer to that, we have a NSW stooge calling all of the shots and making up rules on a whim. While it's true the Broncos need to be torn down and rebuilt, that will mean nothing until the same thing happens to the NRL.

I agree with all of this but the Broncos old boys in the media say nothing now, they aren't going to suddenly do it anytime soon. We are powerless now, it sucks.

Compare the NRL Media to the AFL Media.

* AFL Media is positivity central and they have the News/Fairfax journos under control.
* NRL Media breeds off negativity and death riding club(s).

Compare the NRL Media to the AFL Media.

* AFL Media is positivity central and they have the News/Fairfax journos under control.
* NRL Media breeds off negativity and death riding club(s).
Yeah but the AFL doesnt have a club owned by the media. NRL does

Unread

Active Now

• Big Del
  • barker
  • Behind enemy lines
  • johnny plath
  • The Strapper
  • Jazza
  • BroncoFan94
  • GCBRONCO
  • Gaz
  • Culhwch
  • davidp
  • Fitzy
  • Redfern_1980
  • NSW stables
  • broncsgoat
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Totally Unr3al
  • Harry Sack
  • Jedhead
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.