NEWS Broncos investigating alleged Payne Haas-Albert Kelly brawl video

Little bit different, i doubt those lads were on the piss at training, and contact training can get heated.
Great point. Being on the piss never makes young blokes a bit heated.

Just in: Payne was sober, Kelly was paralytic. It was Albert's 31st birthday party.

Both players have returned to training but will have to face the NRL Stasi to explain, and may be liable to be fined and possibly suspended.

For people saying Kelly is a drunk pest and it's just a swat from a mate. That is BS, I played with an indigenous guy who couldn't handle his drink. We did everything we could as a group to protect him from himself and others whenever we went out, we gave him shandies when he got drunk, we gave him soda water and limes. We stood up for him if he got into sticky situations and got him home. Sometimes we failed and he got his teeth knocked out brutally one night. But never did we, his team mates lay hands on him, we loved the bloke off the drink and we never had to tell him his behaviour was poor you could tell by his body language the bloke knew it. In the end the guy stopped drinking and became a good family man after ruining a very promising football career. Kelly would be very embarrassed by this and if it isn't cleared/talked out quickly it has an emotional effect. I am not condoning the behavior and personally believe anyone who can't handle the drink shouldn't.

It's hard to tell from this video if Payne is drunk, but for me if he isn't then it is worse. Because he should be being a leader and getting that man home, not slapping him around over stepping on shoes. You get your team mate home and tell him in the morning his behavior was unacceptable and if he doesn't show you he is sorry then take action another way.

I don't really care about this week, I'm talking long term. I'm sick of the different rules applied to different teams and we really need to show some of our clout and put a stop to it.

Unfortunately, having the Dolphins in the comp is going to hurt our cause because we can't just say "you're losing Brisbane supporters", the NRL know full well (and are counting on the fact that) supporters will flock to the Plastics. That's exactly what they want. But there are still enough rusted-on fans and genuine financial backing with the Broncos to put some serious political pressure on the NRL. Not for this weekend's game, not for this season, but for the Broncos moving forwards long term.

I was referring to Haas. We are up against the Roosters for him and we aren't going to win that battle, the NRL will roll over so Uncle Nick keeps the bankrolling of the comp going.

Great point. Being on the piss never makes young blokes a bit heated.
Which is entirely what we are trying to avoid at this club. No more dickheads who can't control themselves when they're having a drink.

Growing list:

1. Driving on his learners.
2. Refusing to rat out his family.
3. Popping out for an ice-cream and hitting the pokies for 15 minutes the night before a finals game.
4. Mouthing off at a female cop who tried to intervene in a spat between him and his newly pregnant girlfriend, after his brother had died.
5. Slapping Albert Kelly for being a drunken pest.

Let's not forget how hard they jammed his nuts in a vice over 4, including playing deputy dawg with beat cops. He's expressed enough contrition over that for my bloodlust.

Plus, he doesn't even drink after matches. Whether he drinks at all I don't know, but he's clearly making an effort not to.
It was more than driving on his learners really. Doesn't change the fact he's a knob.

Tolerating this shit is why we are stuffed as a club. Trying to dumb down his stupidness is pretty lame.

It was more than driving on his learners really. Doesn't change the fact he's a knob.

Tolerating this shit is why we are stuffed as a club.
As opposed to the best club where their captain Brom is a coke head, Proctor coke head, Munster and B Smith "white substance" heads NAS brawling with members of the public in Bali.

As opposed to the best club where their captain Brom is a coke head, Proctor coke head, Munster and B Smith "white substance" heads NAS brawling with members of the public in Bali.
But if you're winning, it doesnt matter. There were no "Storm in Crisis" articles. Smith even attended his apology conference and giggled.

It is a tough situation really. We are trying to implement a no moron policy. We are a club in rugby league, this is just about impossible. It is a sport full of morons.

I think they are just as bad, but I don't really care what they do because I support Brisbane. We should do better than other clubs.

Having people trying to make excuses for everything he does isn't helping us. It's like having just been told he got in trouble for driving on his learners when it was far more than that. He didnt even have that, he lost it for speeding.

But if you're winning, it doesnt matter. There were no "Storm in Crisis" articles. Smith even attended his apology conference and giggled.
NAS was literally punching on with random civilians while he was in another country. Fifita joking brushed the head of someone, all hell breaks loose. NAS from memory nothing story hardly broke the news.

I think they are just as bad, but I don't really care what they do because I support Brisbane. We should do better than other clubs.

Having people trying to make excuses for everything he does isn't helping us. It's like having just be3n told he got in trouble for driving on his learners when it was far more than that. He didnt even have that, he lost it for speeding.
Take 30 guys in their physical prime being paid way too much, with too much spare time, you'll get the occasional idiot.

It's not like we're St George where we have multiple players in court for rape allegations, G Burgess alleged "sexual touching", The dogs having players naked on balconies, Starling getting into multiple fights while drunk in the CBD, Curtis Scott being a fuckwit in public twice, Nathan Brown getting into scuffles with people while partying shirtless the night of a game, Tedesco hurling racist insults, Jake Friend threatening his partner with a knife, Kamikamicka allergedly assaulting a women in public then failing to attend court. Dylan Waker assaulting a pizza shop worker, Fonua Blake kicking his girlfriend, Sam Burgess laundry list or allegations, Penrith releasing sex tapes without consent, Bolton guilty of assaulting a women, Pearce fucking a dog, where do I stop?

I could go on and on. Our mob are angels in comparison to other teams.

Kevvie: they kissed and made up on the night. It's all good. The club will throw the vultures a sop this afternoon.

So I guess we should expect both of them to be at other clubs in the next two weeks.

gOMG I log on for the first time today to check the broncos news looking for a glimmer of hope and this is what greets me

Awkward The Simpsons GIF

The Brons need to sign some blokes with smarts cause this team is below I.Q.

Active Now

• Dash
  • johnny plath
  • Bronx48
  • theshed
  • Evander
  • Xzei
  • Sproj
  • Adammacca
  • Locky24
  • Old Mate
  • Manlyman
  • Fozz
  • MrTickyMcG
  • broncos4life
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.