NEWS Broncos investigating alleged Payne Haas-Albert Kelly brawl video

Ramadan started a few days ago too. Haas was just getting all of his sinful behavior out of the way before it started.

to be fair Seibold did look the goods and was the complete opposite direction to Bennett, which we needed to do (even though i wasn't for it at the time) but it was more so the Deal they signed him on .
There is plenty of contributing factors to our demise but i think the biggest issue is our owner, an independent owner would be great and then put the broom through it.
in saying that Donaghy and Ikin haven't been around long so who knows what they working on.

I can’t believe we can’t find a private owner who could take it over. It’s such an easy club to market. The Titans got a private owner for crying out loud and they have no fans and suck.

I can’t believe we can’t find a private owner who could take it over. It’s such an easy club to market. The Titans got a private owner for crying out loud and they have no fans and suck.
I don't think News Corp are selling. Would be interesting to see who would buy us if given the chance.

even if we found a private owner ... news corp still need to be prepared to sell their majority stake and theres never been any sign they are prepared to, in fact quite the opposite.

you'd also need to find a very wealthy fan, because owning a rugby league club (even the most profitable in the country, possibly the world) will never give you a good return on your investment ... and it also isn't the trophy that owning a European soccer (or American Sports team) is.

Everything that he has done only made the media because he’s a nrl player. They’ve all been nothing stories. He just needs to stay as far from this shit as possible because what you can get away with as a normal human being you can’t as an nrl player. But yeah I’ll believe you that payne is a bad person just because you said so, get real lol
Even the stuff with the female cop?

yep , all though our brand is taking a hit atm but surely we can find someone.
think you pissed the don off .

it must be worse than i thought ... Kent and Hooper defending us on NRL 360. Rothfield as usual slamming us

Kent also giving away some media secrets, lol

it must be worse than i thought ... Kent and Hooper defending us on NRL 360. Rothfield as usual slamming us

Kent also giving away some media secrets, lol

I genuinely can't stand that show not Ikin is gone and a stinking player agent is host (conflict of interest anyone?). Plus I can't stand the thought of Matt Nable doing a documentary out of nowhere. What was the gist of it?

@Sproj

I've got better things to do with my time as well, saw the clip on the fox sports website ... but:

Rothfield:
“on the scandal metre it’s probably a six-and-a-half out of 10.”

Hooper:
“storm in a teacup.”

Kent
“I don’t think it’s much Buzz, I honestly don’t,” Kent said.

“I get it’s a story and it’s concerning and it’s a part of the fabric of the game now whether we like it or not.

“But Albert Kelly was drunk, he’s an A-grade pest when he’s had a few drinks and went back to the oldschool mentality where ‘brand new shoes, I’m going to step on them and scuff them up.’ The only way he could discourage Albert Kelly from continuing it in his drunken state was to give him a whack.

“We see an incident and then it’s let’s find the narrative to suit whatever our agenda is. Does it mean the Broncos are in trouble? Does it mean Payne Haas is unhappy at the Broncos and wants out?

“People are applying it to whatever they want. The fact is you had a drunk bloke and start annoying a guy who didn’t want his brand new shoes stepped on.”

Rothfield:
I don’t think he (Haas) wants to be at the club.”

Kent:
“There’s no way they are connected,” he said.

“There’s no way this is connected to what his future is at the club. This is an isolated incident where it’s young testosterone-filled young men — one of them full of alcohol — who just had a... I wouldn’t even call it a disagreement.

Anasta:

“There’s no way this is connected to what his future is at the club. This is an isolated incident where it’s young testosterone-filled young men — one of them full of alcohol — who just had a... I wouldn’t even call it a disagreement.

Rothfield:
“But what does it do for the culture of the Broncos?” Rothfield hit back.

“And what checks were done on Albert Kelly before he joined the club? He’s a $120,000 halfback with a long history in the NRL of misbehaviour, which forced him to go to the Super League. Why did the Broncos sign him?

Kent
“Because they needed a halfback,”

“It’s one of those things that in an ideal world, no, you don’t want it happening. But it happened,” Kent added.

“It doesn’t mean it’s symbolic of a bigger problem at the club, it doesn’t mean it’s symbolic of a crisis at the club, it doesn’t mean it’s symbolic of Haas wanting to leave.

“Every now and then someone needs a smack in the mouth. Not supposed to say it in the modern world, but it’s the truth.”

@Sproj

I've got better things to do with my time as well, saw the clip on the fox sports website ... but:

Rothfield:

Hooper:
“storm in a teacup.”

Kent

“I get it’s a story and it’s concerning and it’s a part of the fabric of the game now whether we like it or not.

“But Albert Kelly was drunk, he’s an A-grade pest when he’s had a few drinks and went back to the oldschool mentality where ‘brand new shoes, I’m going to step on them and scuff them up.’ The only way he could discourage Albert Kelly from continuing it in his drunken state was to give him a whack.

“We see an incident and then it’s let’s find the narrative to suit whatever our agenda is. Does it mean the Broncos are in trouble? Does it mean Payne Haas is unhappy at the Broncos and wants out?

“People are applying it to whatever they want. The fact is you had a drunk bloke and start annoying a guy who didn’t want his brand new shoes stepped on.”

Rothfield:

Kent:

Anasta:

Rothfield:

“And what checks were done on Albert Kelly before he joined the club? He’s a $120,000 halfback with a long history in the NRL of misbehaviour, which forced him to go to the Super League. Why did the Broncos sign him?

Kent

“It’s one of those things that in an ideal world, no, you don’t want it happening. But it happened,” Kent added.

“It doesn’t mean it’s symbolic of a bigger problem at the club, it doesn’t mean it’s symbolic of a crisis at the club, it doesn’t mean it’s symbolic of Haas wanting to leave.

“Every now and then someone needs a smack in the mouth. Not supposed to say it in the modern world, but it’s the truth.”

Thanks my man. I wonder if that is Kent sticking up for his mate, Ikin.

@Sproj

Rothfield:

Hooper:
“storm in a teacup.”

Kent

Rothfield:

Kent:

Anasta:

Rothfield:

Kent

Kent spitting truths.

Clive, and then we would get Folau back too.
I mean would be kinda cool to have a billionaire buy us that actually cares about the team. Feel like broncos is only run as a business for profit with no care at all for members, fans or onfield performance as long as it doesn’t negatively impact the bottom line. Pretty sure the most recent sponsorships have been the largest in club history. It’s amazing we don’t just recruit a group of Choir boys

Also, I feel like fining the players is a pretty bad idea. Payne will be like “little **** stood in my shoes and cost me $20k”

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Redfern_1980
  • Aldo
  • I bleed Maroon
  • marw
  • Xzei
  • leish107
  • MrMoore
  • mrslong
  • Big Del
  • Old Mate
  • Harry Sack
  • Porthoz
  • Brocko
  • Astro
  • Locky’s Left Boot
  • Kev_Guz
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Fitzy
  • Dexter
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.