NEWS Broncos investigating alleged Payne Haas-Albert Kelly brawl video

Allegedly there is more video surfacing of these two halfwits carrying on. When it comes to the Broncos, there will be no stone left overturned during the investigation. The police are working around the clock and Scotland Yard and the FBI have both been called in to assist.
But we will know that they are getting serious when they hire Seibold's crack internet detecting team.

*Edit* Sproj beat me to it, well played good sir.

Aside from the obvious "win more" how do you fix it?
Weekly bonding sessions? In-house fines? Boot camp?
don't really have the answers but bonding sessions for sure and i think the mental health / strength side of things helps(although l thoughtwe had something like this already). i like how the Storm put all their youngsters and recruits into labour intensive jobs for a week to give them perspective.

Don't get me started on any of those guys. None of them should be involved with game coverage, they simply cannot hide their bias but even so, they aren't the HOST of the show.
I like biased commentators, but they need to be openly biased. Like in Australian cricket. They don't say Australia. They say "we" and "us."

The problem comes when none of the commentators are biased towards your own team. The best thing about having someone biased towards your own team is they're usually interested enough to pick up the minutiae of your own players' assets and shortcomings rather than just gush every time they break a tackle.

And then there are the biased commentators who, even though they support your team, don't really pay enough attention. The perfect example of that are the ones who thought Selwyn Cobbo had a fantastic opening game this season just because he made a couple of good runs. None of the fans thought that.

I'm seriously on the train of sacking Kelly though, he's now 31 and he's still being a moron when drunk. At the very least, he drinks again this year, he's instantly sacked.

He was initially let go from the Cronulla back in 2012, when their chairman went on the record saying he's had more than 3 chances for booze related dramas, then he signs with the Knights who then sack him after another booze related incident where he smashed up a pub, then in SL he abuses a Maccas employee while drunk and now this. The Flegler-Riki punch on, apparently Riki was giving shit to Kelly, so Flegler punched him and split his lip. Pretty bad, I have no idea what Riki is like but in retrospect, Kelly is obviously a Hasting's level pest and has now been directly involved in two incidents for the club in matter of 6 months.

It's bad enough he turned up to pre-season 10kgs overweight, he's been mostly a dud on the field, then right after a win he goes out and gets blind drunk.

I don't know if that's normal for NRL players but it just seems incredibly unprofessional. Either drink, or play NRL, he clearly can't do both. Something about him just screams James Roberts.

I'm seriously on the train of sacking Kelly though, he's now 31 and he's still being a moron when drunk. At the very least, he drinks again this year, he's instantly sacked.
Spoiler alert: he's played his last game for us.

He was initially let go from the Cronulla back in 2012, when their chairman went on the record saying he's had more than 3 chances for booze related dramas, then he signs with the Knights who then sack him after another booze related incident where he smashed up a pub, then in SL he abuses a Maccas employee while drunk and now this. The Flegler-Riki punch on, apparently Riki was giving shit to Kelly, so Flegler punched him and split his lip. Pretty bad, I have no idea what Riki is like but in retrospect, Kelly is obviously a Hasting's level pest and has now been directly involved in two incidents for the club in matter of 6 months.

It's bad enough he turned up to pre-season 10kgs overweight, he's been mostly a dud on the field, then right after a win he goes out and gets blind drunk.

I don't know if that's normal for NRL players but it just seems incredibly unprofessional. Either drink, or play NRL, he clearly can't do both. Something about him just screams James Roberts.
If you sack Kelly how do you justify not sacking Payne aswell?
They both have track records but all Paynes have been here at the Broncos whereas Kelly hasn't had one here.. you can't put Flegler and Rikis bust up on him either.
Kelly won't be playing another game for the Broncos anyway so sacking him would make sense to get him off the books but what kind of message does that send to other players if you sack one but not the other when Paynes record is probably worse in a shorter amount of time?

They both have track records but all Paynes have been here at the Broncos whereas Kelly hasn't had one here.. you can't put Flegler and Rikis bust up on him either.
Kelly won't be playing another game for the Broncos anyway so sacking him would make sense to get him off the books but what kind of message does that send to other players if you sack one but not the other when Paynes record is probably worse in a shorter amount of time?
Do the Broncos have to formally sack Kelly? He's only contracted until the end of this season, so if he's done for the year through injury, can't the Broncos just not offer a new deal ?

Do the Broncos have to formally sack Kelly? He's only contracted until the end of this season, so if he's done for the year through injury, can't the Broncos just not offer a new deal ?
If they have grounds to sack him, would that do anything to help us with any salary cap stuff?

One was smashed drunk and the other wasn’t?

Payne was sober. Kelly was the instigator, the more that comes out about this, the more sympathy i am feeling for Haas.
Payne didn't react well, but most of us would react the same if a drunk dude was putting hands on you.

They don't need to sack him. He's not likely to be available until round 20, then - unless we're wiped out by injuries - he's likely to have at least a couple of halves in front of him. Ezra Mam hopefully being one. With only a month or so left on his contract, depending on whether we make the finals, he'll simply fade away.

Given that it was his birthday and his only indiscretion (that we know of), he was our first choice 6 and he's played some good football for us, I can see us getting him a contract elsewhere if he wants to keep playing. The club can part with him amicably.

So...at one point do you bite the bullet and go with Mam at 6?

Some articles are saying Payne is facing jail time over this. What the hell, why are the police even wasting their time on this. It's a push and shove between team mates and nobody is pressing charges. Why go looking for more cctv footage, it's vindictive behavior from the authorities here.

Payne was not the aggressor in this situation, he wasn't drinking on the night (this has been confirmed by multiple sources), Kelly is a senior player who was signed on a train and trial and has a record spanning 10 years of booze related incidents.

I agree it's probably not to sack him today, but he needs to be absolutely be on a last warning and be slapped with a booze ban. He clearly can't handle the drink.

Some articles are saying Payne is facing jail time over this. What the hell, why are the police even wasting their time on this. It's a push and shove between team mates and nobody is pressing charges. Why go looking for more cctv footage, it's vindictive behavior from the authorities here.
Is he on a good behavior bond? From the last incident with police?

So...at one point do you bite the bullet and go with Mam at 6?
I reckon we'll see a month or two of him unless Kevvie insists on persisting with his son. There's always that sticky wicket.

Active Now

• Xzei
  • leish107
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Jedhead
  • Lazza
  • pennywisealfie
  • Porthoz
  • broncos4life
  • BroncosAlways
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Manofoneway
  • Elcapitano20
  • bb_gun
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.