Broncos Junior Development

Some nice highlights from David Fifita here. If he keeps developing then I don't think it'd be going out on a limb to say we need to hang onto this guy.

Yep that is what many of us think too. He has a lethal mix of size, speed and footwork.

Some nice highlights from David Fifita here. If he keeps developing then I don't think it'd be going out on a limb to say we need to hang onto this guy.

A must keep for sure.

Hopefully he doesn't turn into one of the many thousands of players with potential who just turn into a massive flop when they reach NRL level.

Thanks for the highlights. Fifita is a big boy who uses his size and strength well. He needs to watch he doesn't lose that little burst of speed he has. That little explosive acceleration from the start to get moving and use the momentum seperates him from a host of other big guys.
Keep that and build his stamina up and the worlds his oyster. If he has the attitude of a Maguire or gillet , rather than a Dave Taylor, he'll get there. Love to know how how hard he works off the ball.

He looks a good prospect but from those videos, is physically bigger than his opponents at the moment. Although he most likely still has some growing to do, it might be different when he gets up against grown men who are just as physical. Has a nice skill set though.

Fifita going to be too young to play next year. So next year is Sua year to step up or shove off.

Fifita going to be too young to play next year. So next year is Sua year to step up or shove off.

What a stupid statement about Sua. Cant think of too many 19 year old back rowers tearing up the NRL right now. You dont get too many 19 or 20 year old forwards established in the NRL anyway unless they are exceptional. He just needs to keep developing in ISC and improving. Next year isnt make or break for him.

He looks a good prospect but from those videos, is physically bigger than his opponents at the moment. Although he most likely still has some growing to do, it might be different when he gets up against grown men who are just as physical. Has a nice skill set though.

That would be my biggest concern too. It's happened to plenty of players before who stood out in age categories.

We have plenty of second rowers at our disposal and we can’t keep them all so it is time for him to prove himself.

We have plenty of second rowers at our disposal and we can’t keep them all so it is time for him to prove himself.

He is 19 ffs. I really dont know what you expect from him. Good job you arent involved in developing footballers. If they arent top grade, NRL ready by the time they hit 20 they would all be booted out. You have to give players time to develop. At 19/20 most arent ready.

Yeah 19 or 20, you're still growing, and have a lot of muscle development to go. He's not a half, so he needs every muscle he can get when a 115 kg front rower comes knocking. Looks big in the video but there's a lot of young small players around him.
What worries me is that he'll bulk up and lose that little burst of speed, he uses to break tackles. He's too slow for the backs. He starts going for 20 metres or so, but soon loses out to others (mind u I'm only judging it from the video). Plenty there for a good development coach to work with, in a young player, though. :)

Thinking about it, who are all these other second rowers we have at our disposal? Glenn, Gillett, Possibly Sammy, then who? Its not like there are a plethora of second rowers here right now. WE would be better served developing the likes of Sua rather than kicking them out because they dont become NRL superstars by the time they hit 20

IMG 3548

Why did we let Croft go through as well what’s wrong with our recruitment staff [emoji35]

View attachment 2020

Why did we let Croft go through as well what’s wrong with our recruitment staff [emoji35]
Just like Cronk and the others that we supposdley rejected, if we knew they’d turn out to be champions we would have signed them. Unfortunately we don’t have a crystal ball. There’s every chance he was shit and we turned him away for good reason and he only recently developed.

You just don’t know how players will develop. For all we know in three years time when milf comes off contract we could be looking to punt him for half his price because he just didn’t progress while we could have some future star no one has heard of yet. It’s as much about luck as it is about skill when it comes to recruitment I think. At least when you’re talking about rookie like Croft anyway.

Last edited:

Active Now

• MrTickyMcG
  • winslow_wong
  • BroncosAlways
  • Wolfie
  • Bronx48
  • Xzei
  • jd87
  • kman
  • GCBRONCO
  • Broncorob
  • Harry Sack
  • Redux
  • Strop
  • Jazza
  • Inknition
  • Lewisuhahix
  • Galah
  • Morkel
  • Old Mate
  • I bleed Maroon
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.