Broncos Keen To Secure Bellamy * BELLAMY SIGNS WITH STORM *

Re: Broncos Keen To Secure Bellamy

my feeling is that News Ltd got involved and said they wanted Bellamy to remain at the Storm so they stayed successful......

Kee said:
Matterson would be a starting place.Club passion,knows how the club works and respected by players.

And has the distinction of having coached a team that was relegated in the English Super League. eusa_think

Leo said:
Kee said:
Matterson would be a starting place.Club passion,knows how the club works and respected by players.

And has the distinction of having coached a team that was relegated in the English Super League. eusa_think

When was the last time he was actually at the Broncos? eusa_think

Henjak knows the players, he would know the juniors coming through, the systems used

It has to be Henjak

Henjak's impact on the team (the 06 premiership, our current evolution) is really under-stated imo. Would love to see him offered a 2-3 year contract.

mick! said:
Henjak's impact on the team (the 06 premiership, our current evolution) is really under-stated imo. Would love to see him offered a 2-3 year contract.

I agree Mick but my concern that he isn't a proven 1st Grade Coach yet and we have a host of players off contract.

I am predicting that the days of players staying at the club for less are gone.

ALH said:
mick! said:

I agree Mick but my concern that he isn't a proven 1st Grade Coach yet and we have a host of players off contract.

I am predicting that the days of players staying at the club for less are gone.

It'd only really work against us in the sense of attracting players for the moment.

Those already at the club who are off contract would've been working closely with him over the past 2.5 years. They know his strengths. Wouldn't affect it at all imo.

So you don't think Matterson would be any good to us.Well then why would Anderson?
I am behind Henjak all the way but I think maybe it is time Bruno got his finger out or Henjak will be right there along side Bennett at Saints.

I can't wait to hear the real reason after reading it wasn't a money issue and he wanted to be back in brissy.

Smells like News got involved to protect their investment.

I can't see us losing out if it was ulitmately money.

Anderson and Matterson know nothing about the club as it stands now. Henjak is an absolute MUST IMO.

I believe we offered as much or at least very close to what the Storms offer was. But, as i have been saying for months, i think Henjak deserves the job.

So it's OFFICIAL:

MELBOURNE Storm have signed coach Craig Bellamy to a new five-year, multi-million dollar contract that will keep him at the NRL club until the end of the 2013 season.

The New South Wales Origin coach had been strongly linked with a move back to rival club Brisbane, where he had previously served as an assistant under Wayne Bennett, who is moving to St George Illawarra next year.

Bellamy said the team culture at the Storm was a key factor in his decision to stay.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,865 ... 14,00.html

Kee said:
So you don't think Matterson would be any good to us.Well then why would Anderson?
I am behind Henjak all the way but I think maybe it is time Bruno got his finger out or Henjak will be right there along side Bennett at Saints.

Well Anderson has at least achieved something in his career. Got the Warriors into a Grand Final and has been winning with St Helens. Matterson on the otherhand, has managed to get a team relegated and then promoted in the UK...therein ends his achievements as a coach. If Matterson were to end up as our coach, considering what else was available, it would really be the worst case of getting screwed with your pants on since Joseph managed to knock up a virgin.

Bruno probably told Bellamy to keep the chicken wing shit and other grub tactics away.

Bellamy choosing the "team culture" down in Melbourne sounds just about right...

Leo said:
Kee said:

Well Anderson has at least achieved something in his career. Got the Warriors into a Grand Final and has been winning with St Helens. Matterson on the otherhand, has managed to get a team relegated and then promoted in the UK...therein ends his achievements as a coach. If Matterson were to end up as our coach, considering what else was available, it would really be the worst case of getting screwed with your pants on since Joseph managed to knock up a virgin.

Well if nothing else that is a nice way of putting it. [icon_ee

Bruno wouldn't have the guts to tell Bellamy anything Mick.All he would do is suck up.

Anderson has my respect, but Henjak knows what needs to be done for the club NOW.

Alfie and kevvie to be co-coaches at the club!

Keep it wihin the club...they know the history and are our 2 greatest players of all time
or 2 of the great broncos players of all time!

I think that would be a good move for the broncos...i think they would work well
together and the players would love to work for them

what do u think ??

Great players don't always make great coaches.

In fact, many great first grade coaches were solid to ordinary footballers themselves...

Active Now

• The True King
  • azza.79
  • Foordy
  • Bucking Beads
  • lynx000
  • Jazza
  • broncos4life
  • Wolfie
  • bb_gun
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Sproj
  • NSW stables
  • Fozz
  • kman
  • Santa
  • heartly87
  • Culhwch
  • Broncosgirl
  • I bleed Maroon
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.