Broncos NYC 2014

Scott Lewis' son and obviously nephew of Wally and Marty Bella's son in the Qld side.

Bit shocked Carlin Anderson didn't make it, he's playing ISC and playing well while most of the team are only playing Colts or NYC.

Is Carlin a Bronco?

Seems like the website may have forgotten about it in lieu of the Greinke article.

Suspect it will come out tomorrow, if not it'll be in this week's Big League.

Doubt there have been many changes if any.

Greinke looks a real player. Looks solid physically and willing to rip in. Has some good skill too.

Hipgrave is well developed already, I dont like putting big wraps on young kids but he reminds so much of a young neville costgan... Fearless, runs hard, and hits like 40 pound sledge hammer.

What position does Burchell play?
As 18th man i am guessing he wont get a game for Qld

Burchell could play anywhere from 1 to 7... I really hope he does get a game, the kid is about 6'4 and looks very similar to another indigenous lad from macksville....As I mentioned before I hate putting big wraps on kids, especially his age, but all signs point to yes when it comes to burchell, hence the reason the bulldogs signed him for 3 years after watching one game...

I really hope he gets a crack in the origin team....

NYC Broncos to play Raiders on Monday 9 June at GIO Stadium 4:45pm
1. Kodi Nikorima
2. Junior Taefu
3. Jordan Drew
4. Jack Tuttle
5. Tom Opacic
6. Duncan Paia'Aua
7. Ashley Taylor
8. Francis Molo
9. Jayden Berrell
10. Joe Ofahengaue
11. Ajuma Adams
12. Brett Greinke (c)
13. Jai Arrow
Interchange
14. Brandon Lee
15. Aaron Rockley
16. Alex Barr
17. Lindsay Collins

Someone who knows, how's Will Brimson coming along? He was spoken of quite highly and played a few games for us in the NYC but is now playing colts again? Is he too young or not good enough to get past the logjam we have in the halves at present?

Someone who knows, how's Will Brimson coming along? He was spoken of quite highly and played a few games for us in the NYC but is now playing colts again? Is he too young or not good enough to get past the logjam we have in the halves at present?

Brimson is more than capable and IMO is probably a better prospect than duncan and ashley. His body shape, size, vision and ability to take the line on is what sets him apart from the rest. However he is still only 18 this year so you will most likely see more of him next year. This kid plays square to the defense so if you are a back rower or centre playing outside of him you would have a field day as he takes thie line on and isn't afraid to take a hit to put them through a hole. I hope he continues to develop as he is very good.

Brimson is more than capable and IMO is probably a better prospect than duncan and ashley. His body shape, size, vision and ability to take the line on is what sets him apart from the rest. However he is still only 18 this year so you will most likely see more of him next year. This kid plays square to the defense so if you are a back rower or centre playing outside of him you would have a field day as he takes thie line on and isn't afraid to take a hit to put them through a hole. I hope he continues to develop as he is very good.
Thanks, what do you make of Josh Bowen-Boyer? He's usually his halves partner for Wynnum at Colts level isn't he? I thought he was more of a fullback.

Brian Edwards thinks Greinke is the next big thing out of this U20s side. Those who watch it, is it true?

Brian Edwards thinks Greinke is the next big thing out of this U20s side. Those who watch it, is it true?

Might wanna try reading this thread, mate.

Yes, he's a player of the future for sure. I thought he was outstanding on the weekend. He led our charge to victory in the second half.

Last edited:
Nothing wrong with asking a specific question, just as long as you don't ask the same questions every week non-stop.

Alec, I think you've got the wrong impression. From memory Edwards didn't suspect that Greinke would hit his straps until 23 but he's a good prospect who's worked hard. I think the only reason Edwards really spoke him up at all is because Greinke's routes are in Souths Logan.

Anyways, he's been one of the big improvers on last year. Last year I thought he was just a plodder, a guy taking up space and was sort of confused about him being handed the captaincy and receiving preferential treatment over others but he's been a really solid player out-wide and has really built on his game from last season.

For me, he's bit of a poor man's Corey Oates but he seems like a good egg who will provide a handy depth option before potentially developing into something more down the track.

He reminds me more of the Alan Cann mould than the Corey Oates mould.

Scored two tries last Sunday, played very well.

Thanks, what do you make of Josh Bowen-Boyer? He's usually his halves partner for Wynnum at Colts level isn't he? I thought he was more of a fullback.

Bowen-Boyer 7 and Brimson 6 for Wynnum.

Active Now

• the_next
  • Painin the Haas
  • Dash
  • Hurrijo
  • Robboi_321
  • Cavalo
  • broncoscope
  • Slippin Jimmy
  • Maroon4life
  • Foordy
  • GCBRONCO
  • Dexter
  • heartly87
  • jarro65
  • The True King
  • broncsgoat
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Skyblues87
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.