Broncos NYC 2014

This is a great team. I like that they aren't getting carried away with celebrations after a try, just getting on with it. At the moment they seem a class above their opposition.

Kodi has really impressed me. As has Taylor a Duncan.

The most important position at the club over the next few years will be whoever is in charge of retention. Some very big and important calls to be made

This is a great team. I like that they aren't getting carried away with celebrations after a try, just getting on with it. At the moment they seem a class above their opposition.

Kodi has really impressed me. As has Taylor a Duncan.

The most important position at the club over the next few years will be whoever is in charge of retention. Some very big and important calls to be made

Yes, I am sure Barba, Milford and Hunt will come under close scrutiny here, as I am sure other clubs will closely watch Taylor, Kodi, Duncan P and others

It's a shame we don't get to see the 20's games, televised, more often. I'd love the option of watching the 20's on Fox on a Friday night then switch to Ch9 for the main game @ 7:30. To counter the delayed game, you have the option of pressing the red button to choose which 20's game to watch. Winning IMO.

It's a shame we don't get to see the 20's games, televised, more often. I'd love the option of watching the 20's on Fox on a Friday night then switch to Ch9 for the main game @ 7:30. To counter the delayed game, you have the option of pressing the red button to choose which 20's game to watch. Winning IMO.

That would be awesome

Brisbane's right hand side defence with Duncan and Tuttle has really let them down in the second half.

[h=1]Young Broncos Pound Warriors[/h]Trad McLean
Sat 21st June, 04:53PMA A

1403326476205.jpg
Digital Image by Robb Cox ©nrlphotos.com: Kodi Nikorima :NYC Rugby League - Round 4; St George Illawarra Dragons Vs Brisbane Broncos at WIN Stadium, Friday the 28th of March 2014 .

A first half demolition job has catapulted the NRMA Insurance Broncos under 20s to a superb 36-18 win over the New Zealand Warriors this afternoon.
The young Broncos were sensational in the opening stanza, opening up a 30-0 lead at the break.
The Warriors were able to answer with three tries to Semisi Tyrell in the second half but the Broncos were never troubled.
The Warriors finally got on the board with 15 minutes left, but Ashley Taylor scored out wide straight after to successfully end the contest.
Tyrell scored his third try just on the fulltime siren.
Earlier, the Broncos had put on an almost flawless display in the first half, posting six unanswered tries.
It began with captain Brett Greinke who ran a hard line to bustle over his opposite to score in the seventh minute.
Soon after Kodi Nikorima dazzled his way pas five defenders with footwork to make it 10-0.
The third try came in the 14th minute, with winger Tom Opacic finding space down the sideline after a long ball from half Taylor.
Francis Molo, dropped back from the NRL squad, got in on the act with a burrowing try after an offload from prop partner Joe Ofahengaue.
Five-eighth Duncan Paia'aua created the next opportunity, breaching the defensive line before placing a perfect chip for winger Junior Taefu to touch down.
The Broncos weren't finished, Jack Tuttle scoring off a perfect Nikorima pass that gave the Broncos an astounding 30-0 halftime lead.

Is there any way, shape or form that I can watch the u20s game ? Anyone have it recorded ?

Apparently we are wearing our nines jersey tonight.

Sounds like the boys saved their best for TV.

Real positive signs from the sounds of it. Speaking of, appreciate the coverage on here.

Gave me a good sense of the action.

Hopefully these boys keep putting their hands up. Definitely spots in the first grade side if they want them.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

Get Kodi in first grade nao, in a few of those plays he looked almost identical to Barba in 2012, maybe even faster. Any issues he has in defense and consistency can be ironed out.

Duncan and Ash were awesome as well, why oh why do we have so many good halves coming through at the same time, where were these guys just after Lockyer retired! Norman wouldn't have played a first grade game if these guys were around at the time.

Get Kodi in first grade nao, in a few of those plays he looked almost identical to Barba in 2012, maybe even faster. Any issues he has in defense and consistency can be ironed out.

Duncan and Ash were awesome as well, why oh why do we have so many good halves coming through at the same time, where were these guys just after Lockyer retired! Norman wouldn't have played a first grade game if these guys were around at the time.

And yet we still have Hoffman running around in six...

It is a shitload different playing 20s to NRL, defence is non-existent in the 20s. Lets move him to the ISC and see if he can do it there. From what I have seen of him, I'm not sure he will solve our passing issue at 5/8, he would weaken our defence there though. And at this stage Hoffman has a better running game.

If we are going to make a change at 5/8, it needs to be genuine 5/8 with a good passing game. Not another fullback playing out of position.

And I would leave Barba where he is unless we seriously plan to use him at 5/8 next year when Milford gets here (with Milford at fullback). He is starting to get better in attack at the back, lets not mess with that. If we plan on playing him at 6 next season, I would agree with moving him now to get him used to the position.

It is a shitload different playing 20s to NRL, defence is non-existent in the 20s. Lets move him to the ISC and see if he can do it there. From what I have seen of him, I'm not sure he will solve our passing issue at 5/8, he would weaken our defence there though. And at this stage Hoffman has a better running game.

If we are going to make a change at 5/8, it needs to be genuine 5/8 with a good passing game. Not another fullback playing out of position.

And I would leave Barba where he is unless we seriously plan to use him at 5/8 next year when Milford gets here (with Milford at fullback). He is starting to get better in attack at the back, lets not mess with that. If we plan on playing him at 6 next season, I would agree with moving him now to get him used to the position.

Who said anything about Five-Eighth? Canterbury used Barba off the bench all over the place when he first came onto the scene, that's what I propose we do with Nikorima, bring him and just play him as roaming hybrid Five-Eighth / Fullback, hide him somewhere in defense.

But yeah I'd really like to see Duncan or Ash get a shot in first grade this year, at Five-Eighth, Ash's passing game yesterday was top notch.

Who said anything about Five-Eighth? Canterbury used Barba off the bench all over the place when he first came onto the scene, that's what I propose we do with Nikorima, bring him and just play him as roaming hybrid Five-Eighth / Fullback, hide him somewhere in defense.

But yeah I'd really like to see Duncan or Ash get a shot in first grade this year, at Five-Eighth, Ash's passing game yesterday was top notch.

Sorry then I misunderstood, I thought you wanted him to replace Hoffman at 5/8 as so many people have been calling for this year. While I would love to get Hoffman away from 5/8 it needs to be for someone with genuine playmaking and passing skills.

On Nikorima, I think we may need to wait to get him on the bench (to use as you suggested) until Macca returns, and we have a Hooker that can play 80 mins, then I will be all for it. While we have Granville starting, I think we need a second genuine Hooker on the bench for the periods where Granville is off the field, as I don't want Stagg or Lowrie to fill that roll.

Active Now

• john1420
  • Griffo
  • Broncosarethebest
  • marw
  • Xzei
  • Aldo
  • heartly87
  • Skyblues87
  • theshed
  • Waynesaurus
  • FACTHUNT
  • Big Del
  • Wolfie
  • broncsgoat
  • Pablo
  • Smokin' Joe
  • Broncosgirl
  • Gaz
  • Tim K
... and 22 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.