Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd gladly take Tupou, but I reckon they'll get rid of SKD before they get rid of Tupou.

And then they'll promote Latrell Mitchell who looks like a future star.

They signed Burgess so it will be him.

Glenn has parted with Davis. Guess he is either going to do a Parker/Webcke or get a new manager but he's off contract and taking offers.

Losing Glenn wouldn't be the end of the world, but it wouldn't be great.. I've been really impressed with him this season and the end of last year. Maybe this Beau Scott think is real, or maybe Wayne sees the Oates & Gillett combo as the future backrow of the Broncos. Dunno.

Story goes Bennett is impressed with Nem from the Jets:

His three games this year.

Hit ups/Meters

13/182
15/156
18/186

Line breaks 6
Offloads 8
4 tries

45 tackles with 5 misses.

I'd be cool with that - swap him and Reed.

Story goes Bennett is impressed with Nem from the Jets:

His three games this year.

Hit ups/Meters

13/182
15/156
18/186

Line breaks 6
Offloads 8
4 tries

45 tackles with 5 misses.

**** get him in the team. Reed or maranta I don't care which

Can't remember who it was, maybe [MENTION=8517]Smokin' Joe[/MENTION] mentioned that they had heard we were looking at a NZ backrower? Anyway the lurker reckons we are having a good look at some of the Warriors U20s

The Titans have reportedly decided not to take up their option to keep Myles for next season (at least at this stage).

What are your guys thoughts should we throw our hat in the ring to get him.

Even though he's had his off field problems in the past, he's a bloody good player and would be worth a look IMO

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...ture-at-the-club/story-fniabjcr-1227282071057
Apparently he wants to go to Melbourne so his wife can be close to her family

Apparently he wants to go to Melbourne so his wife can be close to her family

That article says the Storm may not be able to fit him under the cap

His wife hasn't been well and he may have to sacrifice playing at all

That article says the Storm may not be able to fit him under the cap

I hope they can, and the NRL should let him play for peanuts for a year or two is he choses that pathway rather than forcing a value on what he should be paid, there needs to be times when compassion over rules everything else. My wife has MS so I can understand where Myles is coming from.

I hope they can, and the NRL should let him play for peanuts for a year or two is he choses that pathway rather than forcing a value on what he should be paid, there needs to be times when compassion over rules everything else. My wife has MS so I can understand where Myles is coming from.

I have sympathy for anyone that suffers MS, but you can't let compassionate circumstances impact the salary cap. It would be madness.

If Nate Myles wants to play for the Storm for peanuts I have no issue with that. It's not rorting, the Storm aren't going to give him a boat or anything.

Players take discounts all the time to stay with the club they're with, often times in locations close to family. This might be the reverse, but I don't see the issue with it.

Nobody is asking for the Storm to have a concession or anything. A player is simply forced to take less to play in a certain locations, probably happens a fair bit to lesser talents.

If Nate Myles wants to play for the Storm for peanuts I have no issue with that. It's not rorting, the Storm aren't going to give him a boat or anything.

Players take discounts all the time to stay with the club they're with, often times in locations close to family. This might be the reverse, but I don't see the issue with it.

Nobody is asking for the Storm to have a concession or anything. A player is simply forced to take less to play in a certain locations, probably happens a fair bit to lesser talents.

I'm not saying he should get the same amount as he is at the Titans, but he still needs to have an amount on the salary cap close to his worth. The auditor applies market value. That's why the eels couldn't sign izzy for 250k. Why couldn't izzy turn around and say I wanna play here for next to nothing cos it suits me.

If you got rid of market value and allowed clubs to sign players for peanuts because the want to be there, you might as well get rid of the salary cap (not that I'm opposed to that) because it would be to hard to police that they aren't making the money up to the players elsewhere

His wife hasn't been well and he may have to sacrifice playing at all

Tess has beaten her illness

She wanted to move back to Melbourne prior to Myles signing his current contract but the storm offer was a third of what Titans offered to stay

If he were to move to the Storm it would be for a lot less than what he is paid now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Allo
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • scobie
  • MrMoore
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.