Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Roosters will sign him and claim that they are the reason he has succeeded when he plays for Aus. The NRL needs to reward clubs who produce juniors.

Roosters will sign him and claim that they are the reason he has succeeded when he plays for Aus. The NRL needs to reward clubs who produce juniors.

Yeah, but they will sign him on a minimum wage because no one wanted him.

Except for that goal kick in the grand final last year lol.

I'd be disappointed to lose Jayden, I'm not entirely sure why we're using Kodi as a utility over him honestly, Jayden is clearly the better of the two brothers.

The fact that the club has chosen Kodi over Jayden, suggests not

Hard to say just yet. Bennett did say he wants to give the young guys a go to see who can handle first grade. Jayden might still get a go this season as well.

The club hasn't chosen anything. Jayden was too young to be introduced in the NRL last season, or he would have been, which is the only reason Kodi got a leg up.

Jayden is clearly the better player imo. Better passing, better kicking, better vision, same quality running game.

Just to be clear, I didn't mean "chosen" as in permanently

Just the fact that Kodi is playing before Jayden means it may not be as clear cut as some fans think

And is Jayden too young to play NRL this year? I honestly don't know

How do you know he's not the next Lockyer? Have you seen the kid play? He has star written all over him. He has massive ability already and stands up in big moments which is massive for a 18-19 year old kid!

Plenty of times. I usually watch the 20's ahead of the main game. However I just think there's too much in front of him at the Broncs, barring injury, for him to get a decent crack at A grade at our club any time soon.

If he does and kills it, I'll eat humble pie but if he does it will only be his brother he displaces. Can you honestly see either of these guys pushing out Boyd, Kahu, Milford, Hunt or McCullough?

Because he will have to to get into the starting side within the next 3-4 years at least...

Just to be clear, I didn't mean "chosen" as in permanently

Just the fact that Kodi is playing before Jayden means it may not be as clear cut as some fans think

And is Jayden too young to play NRL this year? I honestly don't know
He's past 18 now, so he's allowed to play.

Plenty of times. I usually watch the 20's ahead of the main game. However I just think there's too much in front of him at the Broncs, barring injury, for him to get a decent crack at A grade at our club any time soon.

If he does and kills it, I'll eat humble pie but if he does it will only be his brother he displaces. Can you honestly see either of these guys pushing out Boyd, Kahu, Milford, Hunt or McCullough?

Because he will have to to get into the starting side within the next 3-4 years at least...

Unfortunately I agree his pathway doesn't look good but not due to ability. No one will replace Boyd because of reasons well documented. Kahu is a walking injury so a chance could come there. Milf and Hunt are looking very promising.

However, while Macca has improved, I would love to see Jayden eventually be our 9 with his brother remaining at 14. Just because Bennett hasn't played Jikorima yet doesn't mean he has plans for him, as he showed when easing the Matauituiutatuiaatuiitfdfhdssa brothers in last year at the knights.

I'm going to pretend this is just a media piece and there's no truth to it. Which is just as well, because if this happens I'll become more obnoxious than AP.

I'm going to pretend this is just a media piece and there's no truth to it. Which is just as well, because if this happens I'll become more obnoxious than AP.
Hahaha, I was waiting so long for your reply! You didn't disappoint.

It will be a battle to keep Jayden Nikorima, not personally confident about it. Unless we let go of Kodi Nikorima and offer that money to Jayden the offers from other clubs are considerably more. Ashley Taylor is higher up on the priority list although he has another year on his contract yet.

Dunno how Taylor is higher priority than Jikorima, we've got a halves pairing that should be here for the next 5+ years, at least Jayden can play Fullback, Hooker and maybe even Centre.

Jayden won't take a deal to be second fiddle to his brother. He'll go.

THE Broncos are facing a backline crisis — they have too much talent and it could cost them Dane Gagai and Jordan Kahu.

The Broncos already have six first-grade calibre outside backs signed for 2016 and signing Gagai and Kahu would make it eight genuine starters battling for five positions.

Eight outside backs, who all expect to start, is too many for one club.

Kahu is wanted at Red Hill but has received significant interest from other NRL clubs.

Jordan Kahu has received interest from rival NRL clubs.
Kahu told The Courier-Mail he was in no rush to make a decision on his future and would sort it later in the year.

Gagai is weighing up offers from Brisbane, St George Illawarra and the Gold Coast and will decide his future within a fortnight.

It is believed one deal on the table for Gagai is worth $600,000 a year.

Gagai’s club Newcastle have recently become favourites to re-sign the strike centre.

Brisbane’s plethora of outside backs means they cannot match the money being offered by other clubs.

Brisbane also could not guarantee Gagai a starting centre spot.

The Broncos have already signed outside backs Justin Hodges, Dale Copley, Jack Reed, Lachlan Maranta, Darius Boyd and Corey Oates for next year.

Brisbane are also poised to re-sign centre Tom Opacic, a 103kg 20-year-old who Wayne Bennett rates highly.

Just finding room for Kahu will be a stretch.

If Kahu and Gagai are signed, Reed, Maranta and Oates would be at risk of having to battle away in the Intrust Super Cup each week.

Kahu, nursing a hamstring injury, said he wanted his football to do the talking.

“If I am playing good footy mate, it (his future) will work itself out,” Kahu said.

“I am not thinking too far ahead of myself with that stuff.

Lachlan Maranta is signed with the Broncos for next year.
‘‘I just have to play the best I can during the next five or six months.

“I am only worried about performing well and doing my job.

“This is the best I have played in the NRL but it is not the best I can play.”

Winger Daniel Vidot is also off-contract but is trying to find another club before the June 30 cut-off.

It is unlikely the Broncos will re-sign Vidot.

Brisbane are entrenched in the top four, having won four of their opening five games but that has increased the interest in their roster after they lost to Souths in the season opener.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...-and-jordan-kahu/story-fniabjcr-1227292429258

Hopefully another pne of the filler pieces that the courier mail likes to run ... Because losing Kahu would be a tragedy

Last edited:
The only "Quality" outside backs we have are Boyd, Hodges, Copley, Kahu.. the rest are average first graders, we just need to re-sign Kahu, sign Gagai.. doesn't matter what happens to any of the others.

The only "Quality" outside backs we have are Boyd, Hodges, Copley, Kahu.. the rest are average first graders, we just need to re-sign Kahu, sign Gagai.. doesn't matter what happens to any of the others.

So you don't consider Oates quality or you don't consider him an outside back?

If it comes down to money for Gagai we are no hope, especially if he has been offered 600k a season... If it comes down to position, then hopefully he realises that he would likely only need to spend a year (if that) on the wing before Hodges retires and a center position becomes available. Hell, he can move to the centers for the half of a season Hodges is injured.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Brocko
  • Yellowfella
  • MrRobot
  • Allo
  • pennywisealfie
  • Professor47
  • bert_lifts
  • bazza
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.