Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
I won't be devastated if we don't get Gagai as is looking more likely. Kahu/Oates/Copley can all be gun centres anyway.

As much as most people would like him to succeed, Maranta can join Reed in ISC or look for another club. Oates, Copley, Gagai, Kahu and Boyd should be our backline.

Hodges gets injured (or load managed) enough as it is so Kahu or Copley can pick up the slack.

There's always going to be injuries or form drops for that matter. Also depends how much/if Oates plays in the backs (as much I don't want that argument to flare up again) which in turn depends on our post-2015 forward pack with Glenn and Thaiday's futures undecided as yet.

Throw in the Niko bros + Taylor (who yes is still signed til the end of 2016) scenarios and it'll be an interesting 6-12 months.

So you don't consider Oates quality or you don't consider him an outside back?

Oh he's quality baby, and he's doing a great job on the wing, but I think he's clearly still a primary back rower for the remainder of his career if you ask me.

I'd be more than happy for Maranta and Reed to leave .... as long as we secure Gagai and Kahu.

We can't sign everyone so need to consider which of the outside backs are likely to help us win a premiership. This also raises the question of how long Hodges will be around for.

Maranta and Reed seem the odd men out of the names being mentioned and I would rather see us retain Kahu and pick up Gagai in place of those two.

Oates is currently young enough to play on the wing and do a job there but is surely a longer-term backrow option so I wouldn't be including him in discussions for the backline if we have all these other options at our disposal.

I've been a big fan of Luke Page for a while. I don't know why he hasn't got a spot at the Raiders but he is off contract and I think he's a Queenslander so hopefully we're looking at him.

Last edited by a moderator:
That video clearly says one minute but it's actually one minute and seventeen seconds of Luke Page. LIES! ALL LIES!

Haven't seen much of him, but looks like a good prospect. Certainly not afraid to hit the line at full tilt.

This is the kind of guy I want to see us targeting. We don't want to be shelling out big dollars on marquee forwards only to flop like Kennedy. We want young guys with promise and hunger. If we picked him up, and Gavet, Garbutt, and Joe O come along nicely, we'll be well on our way to shoring up our pack for the next few years.

Also, Gagai at 600k? Seriously? I didn't know Ricky was looking for a centre...

I want the kid, but that's outrageous.

****... no to Gagai at $600K! :shocked:

With Drew and Opacic coming through, besides Jikorima and Taylor, we have more than enough in house talent to spend that kind of money on a centre.

Had not seen Luke Page before... impressive stuff, he the line full steam ahead, something less and less seen nowadays unfortunately.

Page won the Courier Mail Medal last year for best player in the ISC. Played for Souths last year through their Raiders agreement. Before that was at the Titans and played for the Jets.

I don't think I'd hesitate to pay Gagai ~$500k or so (Maybe back-ended after Hodges retires).. he's a match winner and one of the best centres in the game at the moment, we need some attacking weapons in the outside backs, I think he's worth it, especially with this being Hodges second last year.

I would be keen to sign luke PAGE

He's also 186cm and 108kgs so he's built similar to McGuire but can you imagine him coming off the bench to replace McGuire. Sign him up, forget Papalii.

I'd happily sign Luke CAGE!!

Page runs hard, but if you look at that clip most of the time he is stopped in his tracks as soon as he hits the defensive line. That number 12 got owned a couple of times, but was that more poor technique on his part though as he seemed to get himself into the wrong position both times and hurt his head. McGuire runs hard and bends the line almost every run, not just some, there no comparison. I'd rather stick with someone like Wallace who is getting better each week, has a good strong leg drive when he hits the line. We have more than our fair share of smaller front rowers, and we have Ofahengaue, Garbutt and Molo for size. Lets just secure, stick with and develop the guys we have that can get the job done.

The Broncos are confident they can keep off-contract rising stars Jayden and Kodi Nikorima despite the interest of other clubs.The Dragons are keen on Jayden, while Kodi is also in the sights of several NRL clubs.
The versatility of the brothers is what makes them such valuable assets.
Kodi, 21, has been a strong performer off the bench for the Broncos but can also play in the halves or at fullback while Jayden, 18, is playing with the under 20s where he has been a standout in recent seasons. He can also cover hooker and the halves.
Jayden’s manager Simon Mammino tells me preliminary contract talks with coach Wayne Bennett went well and that his client wants to stay at the club.

From the RLW Mole.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Brocko
  • Yellowfella
  • MrRobot
  • Allo
  • pennywisealfie
  • Professor47
  • bert_lifts
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.