Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

I've been a big fan of Luke Page for a while. I don't know why he hasn't got a spot at the Raiders but he is off contract and I think he's a Queenslander so hopefully we're looking at him.

One of those runs I'm pretty sure he leads with his elbow. And it concerns me that this guy on his own will force the NRL to ban shoulder charges by the ball runner. But we could do a lot worse.

Last edited by a moderator:
RTS has a younger brother who scored 3 tries for the Roosters under 20's last week. If he's anything like his brother he would be a gun winger

What do you guys think of Tim Simona? He's off-contract at the end of this season, would add some class to our outside backs for next year, can play wing or centre.

I can't see us signing any backs other than who we have now and Gagai, unless they're more depth players which I doubt Simona would be interested in.

What about Shillington? Raiders have told him he's free to look elsewhere... would be a good fit for us, bring some experience to the side and then blair can sit on the bench or **** off to reserve grade. Shillington is probably past his best, but he still has a lot to offer IMO. 32 this year, but would be a handy signing if we could get him right now and just play out this year with the option of next year

Last edited:
What about Shillington? Raiders have told him he's free to look elsewhere... would be a good fit for us, bring some experience to the side and then blair can sit on the bench or **** off to reserve grade. Shillington is probably past his best, but he still has a lot to offer IMO. 32 this year, but would be a handy signing if we could get him right now and just play out this year with the option of next year

On that sort of a deal I think he would be worth a look. We have Gavet out with a long term injury, it couldn't hurt to bolster our stock of big men.

If he wanted to play for minimum I would take him. He would provide decent depth.

As for Blair I far prefer him to Shillington so Dave could sit on the bench or **** off to reserve grade

In regards to getting him right now he is currently injured and won't be back until mid - end of this season anyway

Wayne already passed on Shillington according to the article about him leaving the Raiders

Wayne already passed on Shillington according to the article about him leaving the Raiders
Thank **** for that.
As he has aged he has got softer. He is like Hannant, no one would be worried about running at him

Got a soft spot for Shillo tbh. He would come at too much though IMO, which is a shame.

Agreed. If he came at minimum wage as mentioned, you would happily take him but at the wage he'd be asking, it's a no deal.

Players on Insta wishing Darren Nicholls good luck on his move to Sydney. Any info, [MENTION=8272]1910[/MENTION] ?

1910 do you know if Bennett is looking at Carlin Anderson as a long term bronco or does he have to many players in front of him...

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...aiday-at-broncos/story-fniabm4i-1227297712097

Not sure if this has been posted anywhere, but it sounds like we're more than likely going to re-sign Thaiday, and after his performances in the last few weeks, I'm completely fine with it, especially since $250,000 of his salary will be not under the salary cap.

“At this point in your career the best deal should not be judged by the biggest number put on the table. Pathways in his post-playing days should be a big consideration.’’

Under the code’s recently-amended veteran’s allowance rule, clubs are eligible for incremental salary cap allowances depending on a player’s continuous years of service.

Thaiday and 15-season stalwart Corey Parker are the Broncos who can benefit most from the discount.

Thaiday is playing his 13th consecutive year at Red Hill, meaning he qualifies for a maximum $250,000 dispensation for any salary lodged with the NRL’s salary cap auditor.

That enables the Broncos to pay Thaiday less under the salary cap while rewarding the former skipper for his long service. Factor in the high-level backing of Lockyer, who won a premiership with Thaiday in 2006, and the Maroons ace appears safe at the Broncos.

Coming up off contract:

Dodds
Glenn
Kahu
Lowrie
McCullough
Nikorima x 2
Ofahengaue
Stagg
Thaiday
Vidot
Whitchurch

I can't see Lowrie, Stagg or Whitchurch getting a new contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Pablo
  • Skyblues87
  • Battler
  • Hurrijo
  • Allo
  • Loch Ness Monster
  • DrGee
  • Santa
  • pennywisealfie
  • ostin86
  • mrtij
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Professor47
  • Alec
  • I bleed Maroon
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.