Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would be OK with losing Alex Glenn. He's just not that good IMO.

We could probably lose Glenn and not lose THAT much from the team, just either start Thaiday on the left edge or Oates next season.

I'd prefer we re-signed him and just let Sammy sign elsewhere though, I think Glenn will offer more in the long-term.

I can't see how we can't afford all 3 after Thaiday is elgible for the long-serving salary bonus, if we can't, I don't know who I would get rid of, especially since Thaiday is coming back into form.

Tallis really chose the wrong battle using Thaiday in his grievance with Wayne, whatever that may be...
He should have shut up after the "disrespectful" thing, but instead he comes up with this pearler. :stupid:

Bennett handled Thaiday perfectly, end of.

Tallis really chose the wrong battle using Thaiday in his grievance with Wayne, whatever that may be...
He should have shut up after the "disrespectful" thing, but instead he comes up with this pearler. :stupid:

Bennett handled Thaiday perfectly, end of.

The only one being disrespectful is Tallis especially when you consider the club stood by him after his neck injury when he should have considered retiring, Wayne has been challenging Thaiday and really that's nothing new ffs coaches have been doing it for years even the long serving ones and it's worked. Gordy is one of my favourite Broncos players but his also one of the least in a position to be talking about loyalty and Gordy has another interest and that is his position at the Titans, it comes across as just wanting to push Thaiday to signing elsewhere and think where, doesn't take much to connect the dots.

Last edited:
It is amazing how much respect I have lost for Tallis. Amazing.

I still respect Tallis as a player and I guess his strong convictions and courage to speak his mind are somewhat commendable...

I'd still shake his hand and have a chat if I met him... but seriously he is making a fool and a bit of a pig of himself of late.

Every time he is a commentator on Triple M, he has a very annoying tendency to dominate the conversation and overpower his fellow broadcasters. He shows little ability to consider the different positions and opinions of his colleagues and then discuss and debate them in a mature and intelligent way.

It's almost like he forgets he is part of a panel / broadcasting team and they are there to discuss things, not to just facilitate him banging on with his own (often ludicrous or just plain obvious) opinions.

The thing last year with Robbie Farah was entirely Gordie's fault. Farah seems like a douche, but you don't call someone out on live radio for something said in entire confidence and privacy. I'd be ropeable too.

Finally - he has a clear anti-Bennett agenda despite the bloke having a massive hand in his success as a player.

This latest thing with Thaiday is among the stupidest things I've heard... Sam has a couple of good games and all of a sudden he is irreplaceable in the team? Wayne puts a rocket up Sam to get him playing well again, while also sending a valuable message about accountability to the entire squad, it pays off but somehow its disrespectful and has backfired on the Broncos?

Very silly.

We will resign all of them, thaiday has 250k of salary paid by the NRL we would be dumb not to keep him! He's been loyal to the club, so we should a little bit of loyalty and resign him.

Let's say we resign Thaiday for $400k which is probably about right, maybe a little under but that really means he is only costing us $150k, that is a no-brainer to me, he must be re-signed. What half decent replacement are you going to get for $150k?

Exactly right sproj. Thaiday if a given with the 250k outside of the cap he's probably the cheapest to re-sign and I don't think any others mentioned would be commanding big money either. We will sign all 3 ... providing they stay in their current form or better.

I always thought the long service discount was about 150k? What are the new rules? If Thaiday is seriously getting 250k discount for long service, then I'm all for resigning him for about 400K!

It's $200,000 for the club; how you divide that up is obviously depending on how many players you have on 8 years service or more. But one player isn't getting the lot.

I fail to really see the Tallis controversy. He's right; the Broncos didn't sign him early and challenged him to earn it and if his form continues they're not going to be able to get him cheap.

It's $200,000 for the club; how you divide that up is obviously depending on how many players you have on 8 years service or more. But one player isn't getting the lot.

I fail to really see the Tallis controversy. He's right; the Broncos didn't sign him early and challenged him to earn it and if his form continues they're not going to be able to get him cheap.
That's exactly what I thought, I always thought it was a pretty low amount like 150k last time I checked, now that it's higher the 200,000 would still only be split amongst Parker, Hodges and Thaiday at the very least. It's not PER player, so it's really not much and definitely not "significant"...

That's exactly what I thought, I always thought it was a pretty low amount like 150k last time I checked, now that it's higher the 200,000 would still only be split amongst Parker, Hodges and Thaiday at the very least. It's not PER player, so it's really not much and definitely not "significant"...

It includes NYC too, so a few more will be coming into consideration and a piece of the pie.

I'm sure that Parker will be taking some of that 200,000 next year so there won't be alot left for Thaiday?

Benny eyes Fijian Flyer

Broncos coach Wayne Bennett is chasing Ipswich centre Namani Valekapa, an exciting talent who is chalking up extraordinary statistics for his Intrust Super Cup outfit.

After eight rounds, Valekapa is averaging 172m per game, has made nine line breaks and 20 offloads to lead the stats for the Jets in those areas.

Bennett has twice travelled to watch the Fijian international play this year. Valekapa has a fend like Steve Renouf, where he accelerates off the palm and in stature is a streamline version of the Eels cult hero Semi Radradra.

There was controversy when Valekapa missed out to Broncos- contracted Redcliffe player Aaron Whitchurch for a spot in the Queensland Residents side.

When they played last round against each other Valekapa has 191m to Whitchurch's 96m. Valekapa set up two tries and has three offloads compared to Whitchurch's one.

RLW write up today.

I am sure I have read nearly all of that before.......months ago.

The Jets website says he's 18. Least he's young ☺

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• simplythebest
  • lynx000
  • Johnny92
  • Justwin
  • Broncosgirl
  • Skyblues87
  • trugo bronco
  • HarryAllan7
  • I bleed Maroon
  • bert_lifts
  • jarro65
  • vertigo
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Bucking Beads
  • Waynesaurus
  • jd87
  • BroncosAlways
  • Fatboy
... and 33 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.