Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know quite what it is, but I get overwhelmed with disgust whenever I see that Dobbo's face.

Is it just me or should we be trying to sign James Roberts. So much speed and football in him!

My worry is...Drink driving... ect...Reminds me of Ferguson! Such talent though. Reminds me a little of Renouf but with the bad boy added! Suits The titans but Bennett has a way with his players.

We all rate Kahu BUT does his super frail body make anybody else wonder if losing him is really all that bad IF needed?

Gorden Tallis has slammed Wayne Bennett’s treatment of Sam Thaiday, claiming it’s increased his value on the open market

GORDEN Tallis claims Wayne Bennett’s ultimatum to inspire Sam Thaiday has backfired because the Test forward’s fiery response has increased his stocks on the open market.Bennett refused to re-sign Thaiday at the start of the season and instead pressured the 29-year-old to prove he was worthy of a new contract, opening the door for rival clubs to come knocking.
Thaiday did not complain or seek a release, instead playing his best football and the Broncos are now top of the NRL table.
Bennett may have achieved his desired result but Tallis believes that will come at a significant cost because Thaiday has proven himself to be an irreplaceable enforcer who has given the Broncos forward pack backbone.
Tallis initially slammed Bennett’s treatment of Thaiday as “disrespectful” of a loyal club servant and said the Broncos should have immediately re-signed him and challenged the former skipper behind closed doors rather than publicly.

Now Thaiday is worth more money and the club has less in space in the salary cap after re-signing Andrew McCullough to an upgraded two-year deal yesterday with Thaiday and Alex Glenn still on the open market.
Thaiday’s running battle with Sydney Roosters prop Jared Waerea-Hargreaves last week earned three Dally M votes from Darren Lockyer, who sits on Brisbane’s retention committee.
“The decision has backfired and I think Sam Thaiday is now worth more money,’’ Tallis said.
“If they thought they would do this and save money, they were wrong.
“The way he stood up to Waerea-Hargreaves, if you lose that out of your pack that is one thing you can never buy. You can never coach that into someone.
“To go up and stand up to a (1.9m) guy who is renowned for going a bit mad and put your chin out there, to go after him and try to bully the bully, that cannot be coached.”
Tallis said Thaiday’s impact on a game was more valuable than Trent Merrin, who has signed a $700,000 a year contract to join Penrith in 2016.
Merrin and Thaiday will clash at Kogarah Oval on Friday night, giving Brisbane’s forward enforcer another chance to show the NRL his consistency.
“There are plenty of clubs that would want Sam,’’ Tallis said. “Benji Marshall said last night on (Fox Sport’s) NRL 360 there wouldn’t be a player in the competition that wouldn’t want to play with him, even Jared Waerea-Hargreaves would love to have him behind him.
“Now the ball is in Brisbane’s court because they’ve given him the ultimatum and Sam returned it with a couple of good performances.
“Sam probably wasn’t on other club’s radars, now all of a sudden if Penrith are looking at Merrin for $700,000, I know who has more impact on the game.’’

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...-the-open-market/story-fniabm4i-1227305323973

Lost the plot.

Lol, at 700k, please take him.

Getting a guy to start playing good footy is now supposedly a plan "backfiring".

Getting a guy to start playing good footy is now supposedly a plan "backfiring".
That's the TL;DR version. Just laughable really. If he started playing like rubbish after being dropped, Tallis would say he destroyed the career of a club legend.

If I ever meet this bloke again I'll make sure to ask what planet he's living on. How can he hate us so much?

On NRL 360 tonight Dobbo........

I chose not to read any further than that.

That's the TL;DR version. Just laughable really. If he started playing like rubbish after being dropped, Tallis would say he destroyed the career of a club legend.

Lol, this. I appreciate Tallis as a club legend etc but his anti-Wayne agenda is fucking tiresome. Come to think of it, he doesn't stalk this forum does he......

While ever Tallis is an "ambassador" for the Titans, nothing he said can be taken as anything but wordplay and thinly veiled politics. He's probably pissed off that his "come to the Titans, Sammy" ploy failed because they now can't afford him.

I've lost a lot of respect for Tallis over the years, he holds grudges worse than kids in high school, grow up buddy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Jedhead
  • mrslong
  • Johnny92
  • vertigo
  • Pigskin
  • I bleed Maroon
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Brocko
  • Manofoneway
  • Harry Sack
  • Dash
  • Rah88
  • phoenix
  • Financeguy
  • Waynesaurus
  • mrtij
  • IceWorks
  • Broncosarethebest
  • ChewThePhatt
... and 27 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.