Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Titans are looking to move Dave Taylor on for next season, and are willing to pay part of his salary, apparently.

Assuming he doesn't get convicted on those drug charges.. do we dare consider him?
Taylor would make a good impact bench player, I reckon. But I don't know if he'd cop that and secondly, how that'd fit in with supposed new interchange rules.

No way. He will be extinct with the new interchange, send him to England

I can't imagine Bennett would want to bring back DT considering his public comments about Dave's epic laziness.

No way to taylor.

I think we have more than enough backrowers and Taylor is frankly too much of a powderpuff to waste money on when we have the likes of Arrow and Greinke waiting in the wings. Ironically, the best I've seen DT play the past 2 years is as a centre rather than a winger. But unless Copley fails hard, I don't see how that's useful.

We could sign him as depth in the halves

His laziness is an epic shame. However, if we could sign him on a base contract that is incentive based with the Totans topspin up the rest, why not?

I'd take hm on as a front rower like he was before he left

To be honest, he was a front rower playing on the wing.

If we lose Thaiday or Glenn I would be open to signing Taylor on a 2 year deal, only to play prop though...off the bench. It really depends on where our other front rowers are, we have plenty bench/depth players, Wallace, Dodds, Gavet, Offa, Garbutt, Molo and Blair. Nothing over 300k and if it stops Offy from getting a starting spot I am against it. I only see Blair as a depth option for next year in a full strength side.

No thanks to Taylor. I'd rather resign Thaiday.

Even if the Titans said they would pay all of his salary, I would say nope.
If they pay Hunt's salary as well, I'll accept it.

At the start of the year Bennett hinted (if i remember correctly) that he wanted to make more changes to the roster he inherited but that Blair would be the last signing for the pre-season. Oates and Macca resigned and the rumours here are that Glenn and Thaiday will both stay. Vidot seems like a sure thing to be moved on and I'm a bit worried for Copley after Benno's comments about the panthers game being our best backline.So who is left to be given the tap on the shoulder and what positions do you think we will see him looking at signing players for. Speculate away.Kahu, NikromaS, Offa, are some of the big names still not resigned for next season.

In the front row?

Ofa. I think he's earned it. Dodds can retain his bench spot.

Or we'd just keep Blair there? Neither he nor McGuire are going anywhere.

Though I'm not exactly thrilled at what Blair has given us this year, I don't see him going anywhere given how much his signing was heralded by WB.

It's not really debatable, Blair has been very disappointing this year, one of the worst buys of the year at this stage, but Bennett got him for a reason, there's something that he can do that we haven't seen yet, I'm hoping it comes soon though, because we aren't winning a premiership with a pillow starting at prop :lol:

Anderson will sign another one year deal with Brisbane. He will be in the top 25 and full time squad. Dragons, Coast, Dogs and Cows all put offers to him.

The Broncos and Souths are involved in a dogfight for Ipswich fullback sensation Carlin Anderson.
Seen as a future superstar, Anderson has some big decisions to make in the coming weeks with Brisbane favoured to sign him but the Rabbitohs making the flying fullback an offer for the 2016 season.
At least two other Sydney clubs are also keen on the 19-year-old flyer. Brisbane coach Wayne Bennett was in the crowd to watch Anderson fire in Ipswich’s 32-24 win over Easts Tigers in the Intrust Super Cup on Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• BRC088
  • bb_gun
  • Gaz
  • Hoshsie
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • bert_lifts
  • Sproj
  • Bucking Beads
  • Harry Sack
  • Broncosgirl
  • broncoscope
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Spooky1013
  • upthebroncs
  • johnny plath
  • Stix
  • levikaden
  • NSW stables
  • Hurrijo
  • Battler
... and 15 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.