Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hell Yeah!!!! Hopefully he will get a few opportunities in the starting side in the next 2 seasons. It is one step closer to signing Jayden.
Chris Garry tweeted this about Jayden:
@Tiger_CMail: Kodi Nikorima has re-signed but Jayden will be harder to secure. Major interest in Jayden. I still expect him to re-sign for one year.

That was a classic against Penrith, dunno how the refs were so gullible

The worst part was that he actually did get a legit late push from the marker. That itself was justifying of a penalty. They ignored that though and went for Hodgo's blatant milk. Idiots.

3 penalties conceded in his 6 games. And when you consider two were in the Souths game, that's 1 penalty in the last 5.

And that 1 penalty was in the panthers game. It was a terrible "hand-on-the-ball" penalty that refs make up to control the flow of the game.

So there's this article about how Parramatta wanted to sign Ashley Taylor but we denied them.

Chris Sandow may have played last game for Parramatta Eels as player swap goes awry

At the end of it though, it says how the Sharks were set to release Michael Gordon. I'd just like to say that if he's available, we should be looking at him very seriously. He's a safe winger, not a gun in attack but he's an outstanding goalkicker. He'd be a massive upgrade on both Maranta as a winger and Parker as a kicker.

So there's this article about how Parramatta wanted to sign Ashley Taylor but we denied them.

Chris Sandow may have played last game for Parramatta Eels as player swap goes awry

At the end of it though, it says how the Sharks were set to release Michael Gordon. I'd just like to say that if he's available, we should be looking at him very seriously. He's a safe winger, not a gun in attack but he's an outstanding goalkicker. He'd be a massive upgrade on both Maranta as a winger and Parker as a kicker.

Yeah for sure, I thought the same too. Especially if he comes relatively cheap (like $200k).

The funniest part of that article, is how Sandow wrecked a brand new HSV while test driving it... :rofl:

The result:

1431413889246.jpg

What the **** was he doing to do that kind of damage?

Ah well, just one less Holden on the road. I would have given him an upgraded contract.

What the **** was he doing to do that kind of damage?

Ah well, just one less Holden on the road. I would have given him an upgraded contract.
He probably tried to shoulder charge the steering wheel...

I wouldn't at all be against signing a veteran winger who can kick goals at 80%+, Richards & Gordon are the two that spring to mind.

I wouldn't be against signing Gordon but I get the feeling it will take more then 200k to lure him up here, esp with other Sydney clubs interested with money to spend

Sam Thaiday is still the biggest talking point in Brisbane with the Test forward hitting top form after he was told by Wayne Bennett he needed to earn his next deal.
Thaiday is likely to stay but there is still plenty of interest from other clubs.
Young halfback Ashley Taylor has also been in the news, linked with a possible move to Manly but the Broncos have declared he will not be granted a release and he will see out his deal at Red Hill.
Highly rated young prop Joe Ofahengaue has declared he wants to stay at home in Ipswich, meaning only the Titans are genuine rivals for his signature. He is expected to re-sign with the club on a two-year deal in coming weeks.

Joey Leilua has officially exercised his get out clause from the Knights.. he's rumoured to be joining the Raiders, but hasn't officially.

Should we have a crack for him? With Hodges potentially retiring we could use another class centre, he's a bit of an enigma, but there's no doubting his potential.

1. Boyd
2. Maranta
3. Leilua
4. Copley
5. Kahu
6. Milford
7. Hunt

Seems reasonable to me.

Looks like Glenn is set to re-sign for another 2 years and is pushing for the club to re-sign kahu

Glenn had the JK initials on his wrist IIRC. Not surprised. Good mates.

No to BJ. Too many brain farts & sticky will be offering marquee money.

Glenn had the JK initials on his wrist IIRC. Not surprised. Good mates.

No to BJ. Too many brain farts & sticky will be offering marquee money.

Leilua is a fucking potato. I'd hate to have to look at that head every week. Plus the brain snaps.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...-can-do-the-same/story-fniabm4i-1227355231475

RESURGENT back-rower Alex Glenn is close to a new deal with the Broncos and has urged the club to find the salary cap funds to retain his good mate Jordan Kahu.

With his Broncos career on the line this season under returning coach Wayne Bennett, Glenn has responded by amassing 1093 metres at an average of 136.6 a game.

They are not quite a package deal in a contractual sense, but Glenn is poised to sign a two-year contract upgrade and he hopes the Broncos secure Kahu’s future at Red Hill.

Title is a bit misleading, Alex hasn't officially re-signed yet, but is very close to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Jazza
  • Bucking Beads
  • Jedhead
  • Waynesaurus
  • Gaz
  • john1420
  • Redfern_1980
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Lostboy
  • Sproj
  • bert_lifts
  • Evander
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Swordfish
  • Broncosgirl
  • GCBRONCO
  • jarro65
  • Harry Sack
  • Galah
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.