Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Massoud believes "a couple of Sydney clubs, including Roosters" are after Kahu. Take that how you will. Regardless, need him re-signed NOW

Well if the Roosters are chasing him then my hopes of re-signing him have dropped a bit.

The Lurker reckons that the Raiders are very keen on Kahu as well

The Lurker reckons that the Raiders are very keen on Kahu as well

Yep they were part of the question that answer was from. Q about BJ, Tamou and Kahu to Raiders.

Honestly I couldn't care less. I love Kahu (I've always been a fan actually), but if he wants to leave oh well, we'll replace him, if he wants to stick around I'll be very happy.

Considering his track record with injury, IMO he's pretty silly for dragging out contract talks for this long, if someone's offering a good 3 year contract, you'd want to be taking it, if he gets another major injury before signing somewhere, his future will look very grim. Obviously I don't know the finer details, for all we know the club might not have made a formal offer yet so this is all speculation.

Honestly I couldn't care less. I love Kahu (I've always been a fan actually), but if he wants to leave oh well, we'll replace him, if he wants to stick around I'll be very happy.

Considering his track record with injury, IMO he's pretty silly for dragging out contract talks for this long, if someone's offering a good 3 year contract, you'd want to be taking it, if he gets another major injury before signing somewhere, his future will look very grim. Obviously I don't know the finer details, for all we know the club might not have made a formal offer yet so this is all speculation.

I agree with this, pretty much my thoughts.

Firstly let me say that Kahu is one of my favourite players and I would be very disappointed if he left, I feel like we need to keep him as a direct replacement for hodgo.

Part of me things he shouldn't have any question about staying as we have stuck by him through countless injuries, I mean to be completely business-like about it, we have paid Kahu a lot more than he has produced for us (I know injuries aren't his fault etc. but still). And then the other part of me thinks that with his injury history if he gets a massive offer he needs to chase it because it is a short career at the best of times.

In any case, I completely agree with Spwn that he really isn't doing himself any favours by drawing this out. If he picks up another serious injury before signing his next contract he will be greatly decreasing his value.

Maybe he figures because he might get another injury, he takes the money now while it's on offer?

Can't argue with future proofing yourself if you know you're made of porcelain.

Maybe he figures because he might get another injury, he takes the money now while it's on offer?

Can't argue with future proofing yourself if you know you're made of porcelain.

Not arguing against that, but as I said he would want to make a decision sooner rather than later

Kahu seems to me like the sort of player who'll be at the Broncos for life. Granted, I thought that about Beale.

If I was going to rank our potential re-signings in terms of priority, this would be my order of preference.. Jordy has shown a heap of potential in limited opportunities, we desperately need to keep him.

1. Kahu
2. Glenn
3. Copley
4. Thaiday

Glenn can go ..... we can surely aspire to a better backrower than him.

Glenn can go ..... we can surely aspire to a better backrower than him.

Glenn losing the backup captaincy role to Macca is very telling IMO, he was one of Hook's favourites but I'm not sure he's one of Bennett's. While he is good and a bit of a workhorse, he's also not that great and I think he's very replaceable.

I also doubt very highly that Kahu will leave, he's already above Copley in the pecking order and he's probably just letting his agent negotiate the most dollars (which he is more than entitled to do).

If I was going to rank our potential re-signings in terms of priority, this would be my order of preference.. Jordy has shown a heap of potential in limited opportunities, we desperately need to keep him.

1. Kahu
2. Glenn
3. Copley
4. Thaiday

I'd swap Copley and Glenn and add Offahengue to the list. Definately agree on Kahu being our main priority.

I hope we've made him a reasonable offer and we're not waiting to see what Hodges is doing first.

Glenn has been great this year, for mine he has had a much better year than Gillett. I would be disappointed if we lost him.

For mine Kahu still owes the club some loyalty, he has had some long term injuries but the club has stuck by him. I would feel its a pretty low act to jump ship to cash in if the Broncos come forward with a reasonable offer.

For mine Kahu still owes the club some loyalty, he has had some long term injuries but the club has stuck by him. I would feel its a pretty low act to jump ship to cash in if the Broncos come forward with a reasonable offer.

Agreed. He probably owes us a year or two before worrying about lining his own pockets.

Just because clubs are interested in Kahu, doesn't mean he is is interested in them or leaving us.

We also don't know what sortof deal we are offering him (or if we even have yet).

Most players receive offers from rival clubs. And while some are money hungry and just take the biggest offer, dome players just use offers from rival clubs as leverage to get a better deal.

Until we confirm he has signed with us, the media will continue to speculate to sell papers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Redfern_1980
  • RodF
  • ChewThePhatt
  • levikaden
  • Xzei
  • Behind enemy lines
  • The Strapper
  • azza.79
  • Sproj
  • Evander
  • Maroon4life
  • Harry Sack
  • ettybay
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Manofoneway
  • Financeguy
  • BroncsNBundy
  • broncsgoat
  • BRC088
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.