Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
11329847_10205902178046584_6736211155503108936_n.jpg

Seriously, I was glad he was gone. He can cure his homesickness at the Titans. Barnstorming and powerhouse, pfft.

Don't worry broncospwn, Bennett wasn't satisfied enough with the win against the Raiders, now his just teasing Ricky Stuart to throw money at him :laugh: Though what would hurt even more was if he said no.

Last edited:
If it were 2014, I would have said bring him back.

But it's not 2014 and our forwards are doing a great job this year.

He can go somewhere else.

Hope he likes playing Intrust Super Cup.

Player swap - Garbutt to Manly and Lui back to us? Though I would think Lui would be behind Dodds, Offa and Molo. Could be ok as a depth signing I guess, especially if we get him back cheap.

He typifies the mediocrity that was acceptable during Hook's tenure. No thank you.

He's not as bad as you guys are making out, he's way better than Dodds & co.

Would be a decent bench player.

Add in the Bennett factor and he'll be Matt Scott-like.

Hope there's a lot of sarcasm floating around in here (and the article).

Powerhouse? Barnstorming? Great signing by Manly?

I've never seen a single thing from Lui that impressed me in the slightest. Not a run, not a tackle. Could barely tell he was on the field during his time with us.

Would be disappointed if we took him back.

What seems obvious is how few people have actually watched him since he left. He's been going quite well.

I just went and browsed the Manly forums to see what they thought of him, it's the overall consensus that he's been one if, if not their best forward in the last 18 months.

Considering Gavet is out for the season, who knows how Dodds will go returning from yet another knee injury, and the inexperience of Molo & Ofahengaue.. It's a perfectly fine signing, hopefully we can get him for the rest of this season, before the June 30 deadline.

he's been doing ok since he left but I still wouldn't want him back.

No thanks to Lui, he was one of the players, along with Norman, who I was glad to see leave the club. It's obvious that Wayne is looking for another forward though, he went after Merrin.

If Lui comes back with the right attitude and small contract I would happily welcome him back. He is done nothing wrong to the club so I can't see why he wouldn't be welcomed back.

I've been impressed with his work at Manly, I mean he wouldn't be a 'star signing' but would be good off the bench. I was fine with him leaving because what I saw of him here I wasn't that big a fan but he wouldn't be the first player not to develop under Griffin.

I have no doubts that Bennett would get the best out of him

Of course it's easy to be a good forward for Manly at the moment. Outside of Jake Turbo and the occasional good stint from Willie, there's nothing there. Especially with Lawrence out.

While I'm sure Bennett could work his magic, there's not much to apply that magic to. Prefer we focus on the kids

Lui has been playing lock or second row for Manly, neither of which are positions we need help in. He'd only be useful as a prop and that's not where he has been performing well so I'm not sure I see the value.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Broncosarethebest
  • heartly87
  • Dexter
  • FaceOfMutiny
  • Tristan1990
  • Harry Sack
  • Bucking Beads
  • Broncs1459
  • mitch222
  • Stix
  • Mr Fourex
  • eggstar10
  • maddo
  • Gaz
  • teampjta
  • davidp
  • Jason Simmons
  • Financeguy
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.