Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be a shame to lose him. Granville has already had a better year than any of McCullough's, and Parcell looks considerably more talented than Granville too.

A.Mc I remember hearing comparisons with him to Cam Smith. I never saw it. Not even physically.

Parcell is a different story. He looks to be oozing with class and ...time. Time with the ball in his hand. Something all the great players have.

Whilst we continue to settle for McCullough....we will continue to settle for mediocrity in one of the most important positions in a team.

We made that mistake with our old halfback.

I trust/pray WB won't make that same mistake again ......

Hate to break it to you Fourex but unless Parcell is willing to give up good cash and a guaranteed spot, he's as good as history.

Better jump on the Jayden Nikorima hype train...if he stays...

I don't think McCullough is terrible (though I like to joke about it)... he'll never be as bad as Wallace was at the end.

I just hate it that he's a lock-in, probably until he retires. He just isn't that good not to consider a replacement, especially one that made his debut with us, who honestly looks considerably more talented.

Someone like Granville is already probably on track for hooker of the year, I hate to let go of another.

Top of the ladder with a 'mediocre' hooker. What an achievement!

I'm just glad the people that matter can see what Macca brings to the team.

Hate to break it to you Fourex but unless Parcell is willing to give up good cash and a guaranteed spot, he's as good as history.

Better jump on the Jayden Nikorima hype train...if he stays...

[TWEET]623631794953256961[/TWEET]

Chris Garry hints that Parcell is leaving so Jayden can stay, if that's true then he better be worth all the hype because I'm fairly certain that we'll see Matty absolutely killing it next year at another club.

Well, that settles it.

We need to get rid of Jayden.

I don't know if Garry really knows anything or is just applying common sense and using that to be 'in the know'.

Top of the ladder with a 'mediocre' hooker. What an achievement!

I'm just glad the people that matter can see what Macca brings to the team.

Oh, I guess all of our players are excellent then, since we are on top of the ladder.

Oh, I guess all of our players are excellent then, since we are on top of the ladder.

I didn't say that, simply pointing out that it's amazing he well we are going with a mediocre hooker, being its one of the most important positions.

I don't know if Garry really knows anything or is just applying common sense and using that to be 'in the know'.

He does have a decent track record when it comes to Broncos related info, but in this instance you're right it does appear as though he's guessing.

I don't understand why Parcell would even want to leave the Broncos...he is at a club on the rise, with a fantastic club and culture. He would be 2nd in line at most clubs due to his young age and few first grade games. He would walk in at the Knights. But the Titans have Falloon, Mortimer and Moseley and Manly have Korosiau...I don't get it. Surely we can give him a bit more coin, he is clearly worth it!

I like Parcell and think he has talent and speed but I yet to be convinced that he has macca's toughness. He hasn't played enough minutes to be found wanting yet.

McCullough has been killing it this year.

Edit- Can someone move this to the relevant topic.

I didn't say that, simply pointing out that it's amazing he well we are going with a mediocre hooker, being its one of the most important positions.

In this day and age? Not really, or at least less so than it used to be. Why do you think Smith can't really lead the Storm on his own when both Slater and Cronk are missing? Probably the greatest hooker the game has ever seen and he can't get to the level of someone like JT or Lockyer who is/was crucial to a sides success on their own.

McC is doing the one job he needs to do and that is defend his arse off then get the hell out of the way when the opposition forwards are tired so Hunt, Milf, Boyd and Nikorima can tear them a new arsehole. Under Bennetts tenure, he's even become a sound cover for Parker who will need more and more rests as he gets older.

I understand the desire to have a flashy hooker but if what we're looking for is fast play the balls to catch the opposition offside, Milf and Nikorima are perfectly capable of doing that when it matters.

Last edited:
I really don't get the hate on Macca. He's not necessarily a world beater but he's hardly the stumbling block when it comes to our premiership chances.

That said, I do hope we keep Parcell. Highly rate him, more so than Kodi, but I understand his retention may go a long way to holding onto Jayden (who I haven't seen enough of, but most have big wraps on). Hope we're backing the right horse, pun somewhat intended.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Broncs1459
  • bert_lifts
  • ostin86
  • NSW stables
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.