Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it interesting that Mitchell Pearce is currently on track to break Darren Lockyer's first grade games record (I shudder at the thought) with 198 games at the age of 26. But if McCullough continues on course and remains the Broncos first choice hooker, he is a smokey chance at cracking it also, as he is a year younger than Pearce and has 165 games to his name. Probably the wrong thread, but are there any younger blokes out there who would rate a chance at cracking the 355?

More great News for Mitchell. especially that now he's finally feeling "comfortable " with his origin spot hahahahah.

I find it interesting that Mitchell Pearce is currently on track to break Darren Lockyer's first grade games record (I shudder at the thought) with 198 games at the age of 26. But if McCullough continues on course and remains the Broncos first choice hooker, he is a smokey chance at cracking it also, as he is a year younger than Pearce and has 165 games to his name. Probably the wrong thread, but are there any younger blokes out there who would rate a chance at cracking the 355?

Milford would have to be a chance.

21 years old and played 59 games. Very close to the same amount of games Lockyer had played when he was the same age.

Last edited:

Jarrod Croker - 24 years old, 153 games.

While it'd be nice to have one of our own hold the record I think eventually someone is going to break it so let's not get too depressed thinking about it - it's still a huge testament to Lockyer as a player, esp considering he did his ACL and had a few ankle problems earlier in his career.

Cameron Smith is probably gonna crack the mark first anyway, I can see him playing until at least end of 2017.

Copley possibly to the Titans?

Copley could leave Brisbane for starting spot | NRL | Zero Tackle

Broncos coach Wayne Bennett insists there is a place for out-of-favour three-quarterDale Copley in his masterplan to return Brisbane to its former glory as the NRL’s flagship organisation.

With speculation rife that skipper Justin Hodges will step away from the game at season’s end, Copley and fellow young gun Jordan Kahu appear set to find themselves in a battle to replace the veteran centre in the Brisbane line-up.

However, such is Copley’s standing that he has already been linked with a move away from the club should he not be guaranteed a starting spot at Brisbane next season.
Few would doubt the former baseball ace is capable of demanding a place in the vast majority of teams around the NRL and a move down the M1 to join former teammate Josh Hoffman could be on the cards.

Allowing that to happen would be a monumental mistake for us IMO

Last edited:
Would be disappointing. I'm sure everyone knows he is more talented than Reed, but the luck is just not going his way at the moment.

Wouldn't be a huge loss imo, I've never rated Copley as highly as others on this forum. Bring Kahu if Hodges goes, put Anderson on the wing, or Byrnes from the u20's.

I like Copley. He is just having a terrible run with injuries atm. Once he gets fit, he is a weapon as we seen last year. He won that warriors game last year by himself. I would hate to see some other club reap the rewards of the hard work we have put into him. I rate Copley as our next best centre off the ranks behind Hodges & Reed.

Lamar Liolavave?
Whats he like Big Pete? Some Tigers fan reckons he might be going to Broncos.

Wouldn't be a huge loss imo, I've never rated Copley as highly as others on this forum. Bring Kahu if Hodges goes, put Anderson on the wing, or Byrnes from the u20's.

Agree with all you've said 100% Rene! Losing Copley would be no big loss as Kahu runs rings around him anyway.

To be honest, Kahu does seem more talented IMO.

Lamar Liolavave?
Whats he like Big Pete? Some Tigers fan reckons he might be going to Broncos.

I can't say I've really seen a lot of Lamar, Splinter.

Heard a fair bit about him, something along the lines of him being one of the best edge backrows of his age group but I can't say I've seen much or anything of him in the NSW Cup and I couldn't really judge him on his NRL performances.

Suffice to say, Taylor has a wrap on him. Liolevave has predominately been a NSW Cup player, despite being eligible for the NYC and has even received a few stints off the bench in the NRL. I'd be surprised to see him released, unless he wants to be closer to his family as I believe he's a Keebra Park product.

I must say, his signing would excite me more than Funaki. Salesi impressed me in the few games I saw of him, but Lamar looks like one of those players who will have an easier time progressing up to the NRL.

Comparisons are always dangerous but to give you an idea, he's a Tohu Harris type of player. Not necessarily fast or agile but a handful with a good assortment of skills.

Where did you hear the rumour? Off of Twitter?

To be honest, Kahu does seem more talented IMO.

But both at their best are far more talented than Reed ... When Hodges retires a center pairing of Kahu and Copley will be very dangerous IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• BroncosFan_Corey
  • Hurrijo
  • Battler
  • Rambstien
  • Allo
  • Pablo
  • I bleed Maroon
  • bb_gun
  • OnToSomething
  • mrslong
  • Santa
  • xilliun
  • FACTHUNT
  • Sproj
  • LittleDavey
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.