Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
not sure what Foran signing has to do with Lolohea considering he has played all across the backline for them.

Ok, maybe i'm being harsh saying he sucks, that's probably not the best phrasing.

Is he overrated though? Absolutely. I don't understand how people rate him so highly in FG when he has done nothing. Playing well in the u20's means nothing in the NRL, so far imo he has flattered to deceive, everyone is basing their opinions on the u20's lolohea and not the nrl one, wherein he's done very little up until this point.

Could he become a great player? entirely possible, but it's worthwhile to keep in mind that 1) u20's success does not translate to NRL and 2) the warriors are known for having players that look really good when they are younger and basically plateau completely - they've been u20's champs three times, right? have a look at their squads and see where the players are at?

The only explanation for this is that you just don't watch Warriors games, he's done plenty in first grade, he was a massive chance for rookie of the year last season, and the only reason he didn't set the world on fire this year is because McFadden kept dropping him or benching him every other week.

2015 - 11 tries, 8 try assists, 9 line breaks
2016 - 5 tries, 10 try assists, 15 line breaks

Baring in mind that's after constantly being benched and thrown around like a rag doll positionally speaking.

I do watch warriors games, hence my preference for kata or fusitua over Lolohea. Both of those have better stats than Lolohea.

The fact he is being tossed around like a ragdoll may indicate he's not good enough to cement any one position.

Like I said, i think he could be a good player in the future, but as for now he's done very little, can't even stay in the team, so the hype is unwarranted/undeserved.

Last edited:
I do watch warriors games, hence my preference for kata or fusitua over Lolohea. Both of those have better stats than Lolohea.

They're also signed long-term and unavailable.

The fact he is being tossed around like a ragdoll may indicate he's not good enough to cement any one position.

I genuinely don't think that's the case, his problem is that he's good at every spot between 1-7, so McFadden's mindset was to play him on the bench for a few games as injury cover, and he virtually just didn't use him in those games, and then decided to drop him from the team because they were on a winning streak and he didn't want to mess with the team make-up or whatever. It was terrible coaching from McFadden, are you saying that consider Blake Ayshford a better player than Lolohea? Because that's what McFadden thought.

Like I said, i think he could be a good player in the future, but as for now he's done very little, can't even stay in the team, so the hype is unwarranted/undeserved.

I think he's done as much as anyone could in 48 NRL games playing 7 different positions and not knowing if he's going to be playing, what position he's playing or even if he's starting week in week out, I think you're being far too harsh on the kid, he's 21 years old, younger than Milford, let that sink in.

Hunt chasing Eels
The whisper about Brisbane halfback Ben Hunt and Parramatta is getting stronger and stronger.
It was reported in Queensland earlier this month the interest was coming from the Eels, but that's not so. Other way around. Naughty, Queensland media.
Hunt's father, Geoff, played for the Eels in the 1970s and has always wanted his young fella to wear the blue and gold. We'll see.
On the flipside, we keep hearing the Broncos are prepared to throw huge coin – $500,000 no less – at Parramatta cult winger Semi Radradra, who is being circled by several rival managers attempting to cut the deal.

Kieran Foran says he will end his relationship with Eddie Hayson – but only when the NRL tells him to

What position would Lolohea play for us?

What position would Lolohea play for us?

Good question, I think I'd be playing him at left centre for the first couple of seasons, eventually grooming him to replace Darbs at fullback.

1. Boyd (c)
2. Mead
3. Lolohea
4. Roberts
5. Kahu

With Oates shifting to a bench forward role (To get his body prepared for shifting into the starting backrow later in 2017, or possibly 2018, pending other player movements)

Well if Kahu is gone to the Warriors in 2018 then we could make a trade for next season.

Just wondering have you heard any rumours or talk that they are trying to get him?

Well if Kahu is gone to the Warriors in 2018 then we could make a trade for next season.

Yeah that's another option, would allow us to play Pearson as well.

I don't know what his size is, but he's not a power running prop. He plays like McGuire, only not as well.

That is his size and his stats say otherwise in terms of his effectiveness on the park. But each to their own. We get linked to virtually everyone off contract as it is. I have no greater faith that we will sign him than we will Napa or Vaughan.

I would be happy to sign any of the 3, I'm just not sanguine that we will.

Last edited:
Yeah that's another option, would allow us to play Pearson as well.

Apparently we're linked to Radradra, so if you believe that then you'd have to think that Bennett sees the value in a powerful ball running winger. I can see Oates moving onto the bench if we somehow snag Semi or someone like Oates, but not if we have a potential back three of: Kahu/Pearson, Mead, and Boyd.

I thought next season maybe it would be it would be Roberts and Mead and Opacic and kahu on the other for wingers and centres.
I would pick semi over Kahu anyday though. I like Kahus hand skills though.

Last edited:
Wonder how sterlo would feel having hunt as eels halfback. He has nothing good to say about hunt with the Broncos.

2. Semi, 3. Kahu, 4. Roberts, 5. Mead, Oates to the bench. Just imagine Semi with actual service from his centre partner.

SEMI Radradra has revealed he met Brisbane coach Wayne Bennett this month as the Broncos prepare to launch a raid on the Eels star.Radradra was first linked with a shock move to the Broncos in July and the meeting with Bennett will have Parramatta fans nervous.

The Fijian flyer still has a year remaining on his Eels deal and has vowed to honour the contract.

But the Broncos are prepared to pay big money to get Radradra to Red Hill as soon as possible. Last summer’s trading frenzy is proof players can be moved at any time regardless of their contracts.

[FONT=&amp]Radradra said he was always prepared to return to Parramatta because “I always wanted to come back and play with the boys and finish off the season’’.
[/FONT]

Speaking exclusively to The Daily Telegraph before Saturday’s Prime Minister’s XIII match against Papua New Guinea, Radradra said: “I ran into Wayne while I was in town visiting friends.

[FONT=&amp]“I was there to see (Queensland Reds flyer) Eto Nabuli. There was nothing much with Wayne. He coached me during the All Stars.’’[/FONT]

Le clickbait article.

Or they are negotiating for a 2018 contract?

Granted he'd be the first player not to break a contract lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• teampjta
  • Nerd
  • RolledOates
  • Bucking Beads
  • theshed
  • Muros
  • Sproj
  • Scdeac
  • Manofoneway
  • Robboi_321
  • HVbronco
  • marw
  • ettybay
  • Fozz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.