Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
James would really bring some attacking skills to the forward pack, scored 13 tries this year. Having a forward who always bends the line and has the opposition on their toes. I Would take him over Napa.

I dunno, James is just a worse version of McGuire IMO. Napa would be/have been a lot better.

Apart from being a big bopper at 193cms and playing at 121kgs? Sure. He and McGuire are identical...

And Wallace doesn't have a reputation with refs? Refereeing in this comp is a joke, period. We shouldn't let it influence our recruitment. Next year I'd like to see us emulate the roosters in terms of intentional penalties close to the line so we can whinge in the media about how unfairly we're treated.

And Wallace doesn't have a reputation with refs? Refereeing in this comp is a joke, period. We shouldn't let it influence our recruitment. Next year I'd like to see us emulate the roosters in terms of intentional penalties close to the line so we can whinge in the media about how unfairly we're treated.

Also, the penalty counts always even out and there's a quota. If we give away penalties on our line, it means the opposition will be pinged for just as many, and we won't give them away elsewhere.

I'm not rejoicing in the news.

James is an upgraded version of Blair. If we get him it will definitely cost us and we won't see a huge improvement in the areas we are calling for.

He's aggressive, likes to niggle, plays big minutes and likes to move the ball around for a prop, we already had that in Blair.

If we're going to have a sincere crack at next years title we need something, feel like Bennett knows that and has bought what's best on the current market, not thinking down the line.

Last edited:
We need at least one good prop with good go forward for next year Imo

The Broncos don't need a forward to bend the line, they already have that in Ofahengaue, Ese'ese, Molo and Fai. What they need is better defensive players, players that are willing to get physical, lay a shot on and inspire the troops.

Neither James nor Vaughan fit that mold.

Napa does, but the Broncos can't tie all their hopes into getting him. There's plenty of hoops you'd have to jump through in order to land a player of his stature.

Without studying much tape, I'd be interested to see what Lloyd Perrett is up to. I have no idea why he's out of favour at the Bulldogs, he's better than a lot of the other forwards they were going with and is stacked with potential. Canterbury missed on Leilani Latu and I can see them missing the boat on Perrett as well.

I'd also be keen to see how Tyson Cleal and Max Elliott would go with a pre-season under their belts. Both have a great technique and could be nice smokies for the bench spot. Add Sam Anderson to the mix who's been killing it this year for the Dolphins. Speaking of the Dolphins I'd love to see Brandon Lee back in the mix. He was one of the Broncos better prospects in 2014, he missed a year due to a terrible knee injury but he's been impressive from the little I've seen of him in the QRL.

Saw the Fensom suggestion and don't actually mind it provided it's a short term arrangement. Despite what people may think, the Broncos are going to miss Corey Parker and they'll need somebody to bridge the gap before Arrow and Pangai Jr are ready. Glenn isn't that man, his defence isn't good enough for the role. Fensom is the type of player that's due for a change of club. Bennett was after him years ago, and I think now at 29 he can get him for a relatively good deal.

I haven't been paying attention to the ESL, but I'm sure there's somebody who can play that physical role for the Broncos.

Apart from being a big bopper at 193cms and playing at 121kgs? Sure. He and McGuire are identical...

I don't know what his size is, but he's not a power running prop. He plays like McGuire, only not as well.

The Broncos don't need a forward to bend the line, they already have that in Ofahengaue, Ese'ese, Molo and Fai. What they need is better defensive players, players that are willing to get physical, lay a shot on and inspire the troops.

Neither James nor Vaughan fit that mold.

Napa does, but the Broncos can't tie all their hopes into getting him. There's plenty of hoops you'd have to jump through in order to land a player of his stature.

Without studying much tape, I'd be interested to see what Lloyd Perrett is up to. I have no idea why he's out of favour at the Bulldogs, he's better than a lot of the other forwards they were going with and is stacked with potential. Canterbury missed on Leilani Latu and I can see them missing the boat on Perrett as well.

I'd also be keen to see how Tyson Cleal and Max Elliott would go with a pre-season under their belts. Both have a great technique and could be nice smokies for the bench spot. Add Sam Anderson to the mix who's been killing it this year for the Dolphins. Speaking of the Dolphins I'd love to see Brandon Lee back in the mix. He was one of the Broncos better prospects in 2014, he missed a year due to a terrible knee injury but he's been impressive from the little I've seen of him in the QRL.

Saw the Fensom suggestion and don't actually mind it provided it's a short term arrangement. Despite what people may think, the Broncos are going to miss Corey Parker and they'll need somebody to bridge the gap before Arrow and Pangai Jr are ready. Glenn isn't that man, his defence isn't good enough for the role. Fensom is the type of player that's due for a change of club. Bennett was after him years ago, and I think now at 29 he can get him for a relatively good deal.

I haven't been paying attention to the ESL, but I'm sure there's somebody who can play that physical role for the Broncos.
I notice Brandon has been shifted to the back row for dolphins, and if I recall he used to be a hooker in our u20's. I only read up on stats and haven't watched qcup games, but how does he fare? Seems to be too small a body for the back row I'd have thought.

Sam Anderson always seems to rack up consistent stats, but so too do fai, offa and ese'ese when back in qcup.

How does Boyce go these days? I pidgeon holed him for a one dimensional defensive player but his stats always read really well for the magpies

If there was ever a time to get on the phone with Lolohea's management, it's now.

If there was ever a time to get on the phone with Lolohea's management, it's now.
Where would we use him though? Would he leave the Warriors as a depth player to be a depth player for us?

GET BACK MITCHELL DODDS!
he is wasting his prime over in the super league and surely would love another crack at the nrl

lolohea sucks, what has he ever done in first grade for people to be blowing their load about? if you were taking young backs from the warriors i'd take kata or fusitua every day of the week over lolohea.

Why did we give away Jake Granville was it because we already have a good hooker?

Last edited:
lolohea sucks, what has he ever done in first grade for people to be blowing their load about? if you were taking young backs from the warriors i'd take kata or fusitua every day of the week over lolohea.

Not sure if you missed the part where Foran signed, we can't just pick and choose the players we want from their roster, Lolohea is the only realistic option because he's likely to ask for a release for a guaranteed starting spot each week.

Also, you're the first person I've ever seen say that he sucks, what are you basing that on? I think he's already really good, and he's so young and raw that he's got so much room to grow, he's like a younger, more skillfull, more versatile, injury free version of Kahu.

not sure what Foran signing has to do with Lolohea considering he has played all across the backline for them.

Ok, maybe i'm being harsh saying he sucks, that's probably not the best phrasing.

Is he overrated though? Absolutely. I don't understand how people rate him so highly in FG when he has done nothing. Playing well in the u20's means nothing in the NRL, so far imo he has flattered to deceive, everyone is basing their opinions on the u20's lolohea and not the nrl one, wherein he's done very little up until this point.

Could he become a great player? entirely possible, but it's worthwhile to keep in mind that 1) u20's success does not translate to NRL and 2) the warriors are known for having players that look really good when they are younger and basically plateau completely - they've been u20's champs three times, right? have a look at their squads and see where the players are at?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Financeguy
  • Muros
  • Pablo
  • teampjta
  • Nerd
  • RolledOates
  • Bucking Beads
  • theshed
  • Sproj
  • Scdeac
  • Manofoneway
  • Robboi_321
  • HVbronco
  • marw
  • ettybay
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.