Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whilst I agree, I highly doubt he "just ran into Wayne", that doesn't seem very likely.

I agree it's probably too casual a description of their meeting but I think we all know Wayne has a personal interest in a lot of players especially those he has coached in the past.Given the year Semi has had, I'd imagine Wayne would want to see how he was travelling.

And of course, any time someone takes a personal interest like that it would certainly make them more amenable to future offers. So I'd imagine the meeting was entirely altruistic or pure chance but I doubt there was any talk about joining the club.

Any time a player is in Brisbane, even if it's in the transit area of the airport we are in talks with them according the papers.

I agree it's probably too casual a description of their meeting but I think we all know Wayne has a personal interest in a lot of players especially those he has coached in the past.Given the year Semi has had, I'd imagine Wayne would want to see how he was travelling.

And of course, any time someone takes a personal interest like that it would certainly make them more amenable to future offers. So I'd imagine the meeting was entirely altruistic or pure chance but I doubt there was any talk about joining the club.

Any time a player is in Brisbane, even if it's in the transit area of the airport we are in talks with them according the papers.

Just a question will Wayne be coaching Broncos in 2018? I seen his contract is only till 2017 but can he renew it?

Just a question will Wayne be coaching Broncos in 2018? I seen his contract is only till 2017 but can he renew it?

Probably. I don't have any insider info on the Broncos, I'd imagine kevvie's appointment as origin coach and Kearney's departure to the Warriors might lengthen the time he'll be here. I think he used to be on a year by year deal until Bruno Cullen was CEO.

Just in regards to Semi, its probably nothing, but I found it very interesting that Semi kicked the final conversion in the Eels regular season match. Maybe the Eels were aware that it would be Semi's last game at the club? Either way he nailed it from the sideline. If he does end up a Bronco, maybe he could be our goalkicker too.

Just in regards to Semi, its probably nothing, but I found it very interesting that Semi kicked the final conversion in the Eels regular season match. Maybe the Eels were aware that it would be Semi's last game at the club? Either way he nailed it from the sideline. If he does end up a Bronco, maybe he could be our goalkicker too.

That last bit though haha

Well I'm sold, lets make him fulltime kicker then.

Last edited by a moderator:
On goal kicking, I'm amazed that a club with our resources, hasn't been able to bring in a kicking coach who can get us an 80%+ goal kicker.

Hopefully Milf/Kahu/Unknown spend a lot of time in the off season just practicing goal kicking.

I think Kahu actually has a very good kicking technique, but needs some more practice to become more reliable and consistent.

I think Kahu actually has a very good kicking technique, but needs some more practice to become more reliable and consistent.

Kahu' technique does look very natural and repeatable. It doesn't look like he has to think about it too much and has been kicking that way for some time. But definite room for improvement and need for practice.

He wasn't joking, I have absolutely zero faith in Kahu or Milford to be our full time goal kicker next year, neither of them strike it consistently well.

it wasn't a bad kick and yeh they are inconsistent with there kicking

Last edited:
Kahu has a pretty natural kicking action, but needs practice and a few technical tips and tricks from someone like Halligan and he can no doubt improve his consistency with the boot. I've said it before, but the only issue I see with Kahu's goal kicking is that he doesn't take the kick back enough to open up the angle. When he kicks from the sideline, its always from well within the 20m mark. It leaves him with a very acute angle to work with. If you notice the kicks Kahu misses, its not by a lot. It often just shaves one of the uprights. If he increase the kicking angle, a lot of those kicks go between the posts.

As for Milford, well he barely gets the distance, so I wouldn't bother making him a permanent goal kicker. He could do a job with the ones from in front, but that's about it. If anything Hunt goes alright with the goal kicking, and he strikes them well too. He'd be someone to groom into a backup goalkicker.

Kahu has a pretty natural kicking action, but needs practice and a few technical tips and tricks from someone like Halligan and he can no doubt improve his consistency with the boot. I've said it before, but the only issue I see with Kahu's goal kicking is that he doesn't take the kick back enough to open up the angle. When he kicks from the sideline, its always from well within the 20m mark. It leaves him with a very acute angle to work with. If you notice the kicks Kahu misses, its not by a lot. It often just shaves one of the uprights. If he increase the kicking angle, a lot of those kicks go between the posts.

As for Milford, well he barely gets the distance, so I wouldn't bother making him a permanent goal kicker. He could do a job with the ones from in front, but that's about it. If anything Hunt goes alright with the goal kicking, and he strikes them well too. He'd be someone to groom into a backup goalkicker.
He only started doing that this year after his sideline attempts were having distance issues last year. It's a difficult trade-off - if he takes it back further he opens up the angle but loses accuracy kicking it harder than his natural rhythm.

He only started doing that this year after his sideline attempts were having distance issues last year. It's a difficult trade-off - if he takes it back further he opens up the angle but loses accuracy kicking it harder than his natural rhythm.

Which is why I believe he needs to work with Halligan. Just a few technical tune ups in his kicking can help in getting greater distance and accuracy.

Bennett’s SOS for Roosters hardman

THE Broncos’ early exit from the finals has convinced Wayne Bennett that he needs more firepower up front next season, and the man he has targeted is Roosters enforcer Dylan Napa.

The fiery forward is contracted to the Roosters for 2017 but the club may consider releasing him.

The Bondi boys are set for an influx of forwards with bad boys Liam Knight (Manly), Zane Tetevano (Wyong) and Paul Carter (Souths) all about to come on board. That may convince coach Trent Robinson to release Napa – under the right terms.

The Brisbane born product may be tempted into returning to Red Hill under Bennett, with the 23-year-old hoping to return to Origin contention following his 12-month ban for breaking curfew during the Emerging Maroons camp earlier this year.

Bennett's SOS for Roosters hardman - Rugby League Week

Need to fill our ranga quota with Reed gone

Zane Tetevano is a name I haven't heard in forever

Edit: this could by why he hasn't been around much

On 2 November 2014, Tetevano had his contract with the Sea Eagles terminated after he admitted in court to bashing his girlfriend on four occasions.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• ivanhungryjak
  • Cavalo
  • Mighty Bronx
  • ChewThePhatt
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.