Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
That would be a huge pick up by us, we'd effectively have the gen next Qld front row. This is a critical decision for us, we are the best side in the comp at our best but we lack belief and the ability to intimidate, Napa would definitely help the latter. He has kind of plateaued at Sydney but Bennett may well be the right guy to unlock that performance earlier in the season consistently.

Need to fill our ranga quota with Reed gone

Zane Tetevano is a name I haven't heard in forever

Edit: this could by why he hasn't been around much

On 2 November 2014, Tetevano had his contract with the Sea Eagles terminated after he admitted in court to bashing his girlfriend on four occasions.
It's basically Roosters recruitment policy, recruit "bad" boys who are good players, so you can get them at discounted prices.

It's basically Roosters recruitment policy, recruit "bad" boys who are good players, so you can get them at discounted prices.

So you can 'claim' to get them at discount prices and no one questions it.

How many dickheads are on that roster now? Good lord..

Tetevano (Girlfriend basher)
Carter (Multiple DUI's, skips training sessions because he's too drunk)
Knight (Speeding, high range drink driving, attempted to cover it up by spraying Aerogard in his mouth)
Pearce (Sexually assaulted a dog, plenty of other things)
Ferguson (Indecent assault, drinking problem)
Kenny-Dowall (Girlfriend basher - "Not Guilty")

Am I missing anything?

Knight (Speeding, high range drink driving, attempted to cover it up by spraying Aerogard in his mouth)

Am I missing anything?
Yeah now that I think about it, it's no wonder their crowds are pathetic.

Am I missing anything?

Re SKD I disagree. Hedoesn't deserve to be tarred with the same brush as some of those other dogs now he has been found not guilty. The blokes reputation has been destroyed just because he was accused.

Don't get be wrong, laying a hand on a shiela is one of the worst things you can do in my book. The scum found guilty don't deserve to be called men.

I just heard the ISC commentator say that Darren Nicholls is heading to Penrith next year. We won't lose Hunt unless we have something up our sleeve.

Am I missing anything?

Jake Friend has had off field indiscretions including assault. Martin Kennedy was there when he used performance enhancing drugs. He was contracted to them before he was found guilty.

All this talk about getting this player and that player come on guys are we going to sign any off these guys or is it all talk im all for getting some new players at the club. I think the club fans are sick of falling short all the time and the club bord should be doing everything they can to get this club back to the top where it should be.

Jake Friend has had off field indiscretions including assault. Martin Kennedy was there when he used performance enhancing drugs. He was contracted to them before he was found guilty.

It's hard to believe Kennedy took performance """"enhancing"""" drugs, and not because he looks like a nice guy.

It's hard to believe Kennedy took performance """"enhancing"""" drugs, and not because he looks like a nice guy.

Well to be fair, during his time using performance enhancing drugs, he was being talked up as origin quality. After that, when he came to us, well I think we all agree its best not to talk about his time here. Surely the drugs did their job, especially watching him go around without them.

Last edited:
I just heard the ISC commentator say that Darren Nicholls is heading to Penrith next year. We won't lose Hunt unless we have something up our sleeve.

Shame, I really rate him. Without wishing injury on either of our guys, I'd hoped he'd debut for us at some point since we picked him up. A Darren in the halves again ...

using performance enhancing drugs is not an automatic ticket to being better than everyone else.

Last edited:
It isn't a guarantee that's for sure. Depends on the chemical make up of each person. Regardless, it becomes an uneven playing field because some get far more advantage than others. Anyone ever read Tyler Hamilton's book - 'The Secret Race'? He talks about his time doping with Lance Armstrong and goes into performance enhancing substances in some detail. Great book if you are looking for an interesting one to read.

The thing I was most surprised about was his honesty. He doesn't ask for or seek pity, he just admits he did wrong and wants to set the record straight.

I hear Jamie Soward is a free agent ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Mighty Bronx
  • ivanhungryjak
  • GCBRONCO
  • Cavalo
  • ChewThePhatt
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.