Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those wanting Taylor will have to delay that wish, Taylor to remain a Titan till 2018.

Dave Taylor isn't at the Titans...

Yeah I don't think that is the Taylor people want back at the Broncos......and to be honest I don't think even the Knights would touch him.

Those wanting Taylor will have to delay that wish, Taylor to remain a Titan till 2018.

Yeah, but as we've seen, an NRL contract means absolutely nothing these days.

It's just a bit of writing on a piece of paper. They can be broken very easily.

You could type up a contract right now and it will be just like an NRL contract.

Last edited:
Gold Coast is a long way from Brisbane. People get homesick, you know.

I have a strong feeling Ofa will have a huge off season and will be back for us next year. Perhaps in the starting side.

I have a strong feeling Ofa will have a huge off season and will be back for us next year. Perhaps in the starting side.

Alot of people are writing him off because he didn't play the second half of the season. But I agree with you. He has all the right infredients and is still a young prop, they take time. At one stage he was rated higher than wallace, and look how far Wallace has come in the last 12 months! He has started for his country too. I would be pretty surprised if we didn't see a big off season and see him playing well for us next year.

Alot of people are writing him off because he didn't play the second half of the season. But I agree with you. He has all the right infredients and is still a young prop, they take time. At one stage he was rated higher than wallace, and look how far Wallace has come in the last 12 months! He has started for his country too. I would be pretty surprised if we didn't see a big off season and see him playing well for us next year.

You mean a big offa season...

If you think Hunt wont be our 7 next year, then please hand in your membership card. Bennett and the board are not gonna let him go.

Though lets hope we get Napa!

If you think Hunt wont be our 7 next year, then please hand in your membership card. Bennett and the board are not gonna let him go.

Though lets hope we get Napa!

Yo ucan have my member card, it's expired now anyway.

Spoke to Dylan Napa. He laughed at rumours of him to Broncos. Emphatically denied them.

Chris Garry tweet.

Chasing Ryan James apparently,
[h=1]Titans prop Ryan James chased by six clubs, Broncos biggest threat to snare him[/h]

ee2111c209fe863a18d48338de1df0ae

PETER BADEL, The Courier-Mail
an hour ago

Subscriber only

ee2111c209fe863a18d48338de1df0ae

THE Titans are facing a battle to retain Ryan James with Queensland rivals the Broncos targeting the in-form prop.

James has become the most sought-after front-rower in the code with the newly-crowned Paul Broughton Medallist being chased by six NRL rivals.
But the Broncos loom as the biggest threat to the Titans’ hopes of retaining the forward who is the frontrunner to snare the Gold Coast captaincy next season.
The Broncos landed their first poaching blow on the Titans a fortnight ago when they signed Gold Coast flyer David Mead to a one-year deal.
Now James is on their radar as the Broncos look for more forward mongrel after the Cowboys last week extended Brisbane’s premiership drought to 10 seasons.
e0320d846526303a3e52abb7c1fe2bfd

Ryan James with the Paul Broughton Medal. Photo: David ClarkJames’ star is rising, with the Titans’ player of the year to turn out for Australia’s Prime Ministers XIII against a PNG PM’s XIII this Saturday in Port Moresby.
The Titans remain confident of securing James beyond 2017, but the 25-year-old will officially test his value on the open market in a move that opens the door for the Broncos.
“I have six clubs chasing Ryan at the moment and I’ll be exploring those options next week as per my client’s request,” said James’ agent Tas Bartlett.
“Ryan has never gone through this process before. In the past, he has just agreed to sign with the Titans but this next deal will be the most important of his career so he wants to tick all the boxes.
“Like anyone, he would love to remain a one-club player. He’s had a taste of the captaincy, he likes ‘King’ (Neil Henry) as a coach, but we all know salary caps apply pressure and Ryan is coming into the most critical phase of his career.
“He has one child and another on the way so this time around he will be considering family as well as football.”
7b8cd3183c7d6fabf54188e9677e88d0

Titans Ryan James is tackled by the Cowboys defence.The Bilambil junior enjoyed an outstanding 2016 season. He averaged 114 metres and 34 tackles per game and scored 12 tries to become the highest-scoring prop in a single season in the code’s 108-year history.
The Broncos have quality starting props in Josh McGuire and Adam Blair but their bench rotation has taken a hit following the departure of Jarrod Wallace to the Titans.
James’ signing would give the Broncos one of the most formidable engine-rooms in the league. But it would take a massive offer to lure James to Red Hill with the Titans’ captaincy on the horizon.
Bartlett said a shortage of quality props for sale gives James major bargaining power.
“There’s very few marquee props coming on to the market next season,” he said. “Guys like James Tamou, Jesse Bromwich, Aaron Woods, David Klemmer and Andrew Fifta are signed up long-term so Ryan will command plenty of interest.
“The Titans haven’t made an offer as yet. They want him to finish his playing commitments, he’s made the PM’s XIII and hopefully he can make the Four Nations squad.”
Titans football-operations chief Tony Mestrov said: “If Ryan keeps playing the way he is, he will be an Origin player for us.
“For us, he is a must-keep _ we want him to get the right deal and we want him to be happy.”
Originally published as Broncos biggest threat as six clubs chase James

Good signing u rekin it will be? if we get him

At the very least, we'll drive his price up a bit.

Swapping Wallace for James? We win that trade!

His discipline would be a concern though.

At the end of the day, we get linked to every player under the sun so I doubt anything will come of it.

Hoffman to the Eels. A little bit more on James Robert's back to the Goldy. It doesn't make sense but they are clearing the decks. Izzy to the Broncs then???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• winslow_wong
  • OnToSomething
  • broncsgoat
  • LockyersLeftBoot
  • Reds2011
  • Robboi_321
  • Broncosarethebest
  • davidp
  • Gaz
  • Cavalo
  • ezpz
  • Aldo
  • maddo
  • LGH
  • simplythebest
  • Tim K
  • Galah
  • Manofoneway
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.