Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have heard Wayne might be retiring. As in this season, no idea how solid it is though.

edit: I heard this yesterday FYI so it's a new rumor.

We're cooked if this is true. I hope Walters is as good as the media pumps him up to be.

EDIT: Isn't Hasler on the outer with the Dogs? Wow

Last edited:
Realistically I don't think Walters is a good NRL level coach, he's fine at origin level, he's got Smith & Cronk doing the real coaching.

If this rumour does turn out to have some legs, my first call is to Ivan Cleary. (Who would be the 2nd bloke named Ivan out of the 3 coaches we've had in our clubs history, that'd be some coincidence!)

Guys , take a deep breath. His not retiring.

The term MILF does take on a whole new meaning now though after this!:handkiss::handkiss::handkiss::thumb:

Realistically I don't think Walters is a good NRL level coach, he's fine at origin level, he's got Smith & Cronk doing the real coaching.

If this rumour does turn out to have some legs, my first call is to Ivan Cleary. (Who would be the 2nd bloke named Ivan out of the 3 coaches we've had in our clubs history, that'd be some coincidence!)
If he does retire Cleary would be a great option to take the reigns and would be my first call

Walters for sure he already has a good bond with the players and he loves the club and wants it to succeed.

Think 2017 will be his last year as coach. Probably a good thing, the man is 70

So...do we need a partial rebuild?

Who are the essential pieces moving forward?

I would suggest:

1. Boyd
6. Milf
8. McGuire
9. McCullough
11. Thaiday
12. Gillett

15. Glenn
16. TPJ

Any I've missed or got wrong?

I would suggest:

1. Boyd
6. Milf
8. McGuire
9. McCullough
11. Thaiday
12. Gillett

15. Glenn
16. TPJ

I'm leaning towards Moose shifting to lock next year, with Blair starting at prop with a *new signing frontrower starting.

*surely we have to be in the market for one ?

I would suggest:

1. Boyd
6. Milf
8. McGuire
9. McCullough
11. Thaiday
12. Gillett

15. Glenn
16. TPJ

Oates.

Please not hunt we need a kicking half to go with milf

I would suggest:

1. Boyd
6. Milf
8. McGuire
9. McCullough
11. Thaiday
12. Gillett

15. Glenn
16. TPJ

Id definitely hang on to Oates and Jordy. I really like what Blair brings to so if we could keep him and bring in a big metre eater like Taumalolo I'd be stoked. I think Glenn and Thaiday aren't must haves either.

that all being said I'm pretty happy with a team. We need to sort out our halves though because something broke their mid year and it hasn't been fixed.

1. Boyd
6. Milf
7. Hunt (He'll be there. Don't kid yourselves)
8. McGuire
9. McCullough
10. Blair
11. Thaiday
12. Gillett
13. Glenn

14. Nikorima
15. SuA
16. TPJ
17. Oates/Arrow/Ofa/EseEse

That backline though. What a lottery. I have kept Oates kicking off his time in the second row off the bench as an option because one of our biggest problems this year was how shaky we were under the high ball. This shit has got to end and if that means moving Oates, so be it. I'd much rather be safe under one of Thurston or Cronk's kicks than having Oates out there for his metres out of our end.

Nikorima will be there. We retained him for more than just depth. I just really hope our lack of size in the props is addressed so I can change that lineup. The ideal setup would be to have Glenn retain his bench spot while McGuire moves to Lock to make way for a big prop like Napa. We would be set in that regard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Broncosarethebest
  • Reds2011
  • Dexter
  • Santa
  • Waynesaurus
  • heartly87
  • Gaz
  • Stix
  • Strop
  • Fozz
  • NSW stables
  • broncsgoat
  • theshed
  • Broncosgirl
  • Browny
  • winslow_wong
  • Robboi_321
  • Kev_Guz
  • Bucking Beads
  • bb_gun
... and 15 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.