Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think they would welcome him with open arms?

That's what I was thinking, because he had a bit of trouble there. I hope it is just rumours

Nah mate on a few different sites and on some social media sites , who's Daniel?

Oh okay I never heard that one. Daniel is an old friend of ours who no longer posts here.

Ok mate if you want me to find the link, I will have a look and paste it here for you to look at.

I think there could be some truth to Hunt moving on. Wayne wants to win a premiership ASAP and the trust in Hunt is fading rapidly. He needed to improve on last seasons efforts with his kicking game and ability to direct the team around, and if anything he has gone backwards. I think the issue the Broncos have is neither half is a natural leader, if you look at Hunts earlier days and in the under 20s (where he lost the GF with a somewhat similar, lackluster kicking performance) you will see he prefers to be more off the cuff. I think Milford and Hunt both are better with ball in hand and playing what they see, it's for this reason that I don't see them keeping them both. Milford is likely to be the one to stay as younger, and far greater upside. Possibility for Ash Taylor to make a return, or perhaps someone else will come up. IF Hunt isn't signed later this year, I would not be overly shocked if he was released from his final year on his contract either. Bennet has done this in the past where if the signs of a player that he wants not renewing are there, he will try and offload them asap. (Think hodges when he signed with Roosters).

You probably couldn't have picked a worse example there. Bennett definitely didn't want to lose Hodges at all. He in fact dropped him because he was so ticked off.

Proof being in the pudding. Bring on the sauce jokes again.

image.jpg

The Lurker has now also suggested we have interest in Kane Evans.

I have also heard through a source that Robert's will potentially seek a release to head back to the Goldy. The source has been bang on with most things but I have no idea where his info comes from.

Roberts is great when he can create something out of nothing, but I just can't rate him in any other area.

I don't believe the Roberts romurs but I wouldn't be against it.

i think a centre pairing of Opacic and Kahu suits our team better both from a play style, and behavioural perspective and they are both bronco juniors. Roberts is a freak athlete but I think Kahu is a much better alrounder. I'd be happy to hang on to Roberts too so I guess what I'm saying is a don't have a strong opinion one way or the other.

I always saw Kahu as a better replacement for Hodges but then we bought Roberts. Having seen him play and behave in public so far I am not sold on him but it's his first season.

Roberts is great when he can create something out of nothing, but I just can't rate him in any other area.
pretty good at getting on the drink, would rate him highly there.

I think the chance of Roberts being wanted back at the Gold Coast would be low. After the way he left the club and what not It would be quite a surprise, However I have a strong feeling that he won't be at the Broncos next year. If he really is only on 200-300k a year like rumoured they will probably keep him, But I think the Broncos could be a bit sick of the way he carries on, and has hardly set the world on fire this year. I think he is a great player and hope he does stay, he just needs to receive better quality ball. If he was outside milford instead of Hunt he would probably have 20 tries this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Aldo
  • Wolfie
  • Old Mate
  • Fozz
  • johnny plath
  • Cavalo
  • Emanon
  • Swordfish
  • broncsgoat
  • Broncosarethebest
  • theshed
  • Sproj
  • Foordy
  • Financeguy
  • heartly87
  • Dexter
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Slippin Jimmy
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.