Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have heard that Kurt Baptiste will be returning to Brisbane next year. I don't know if that means the Broncos or Q Cup but if we aren't re-signing Waddell I'd be happy with Baptiste.

Yeah, would be a good replacement for Waddell as back-up hooker, not sure why Kurt would do that though, I would've thought he could at least get a guaranteed spot in someone elses 17.

On the topic of Napa, I think he'd be monumental for us, think of the potential line-up.

1. Boyd
2. Mead
3. Opacic
4. Roberts
5. Kahu
6. Milford
7. Hunt
8. Napa
9. McCullough
10. Blair
11. Thaiday
12. Gillett
13. McGuire

14. Pangai Jr
15. Arrow
16. Oates
17. Nikorima

I'd take Napa or Vaughan no questions asked. Both have high potentials, and Bennett is fantastic at getting potential out of props. He even transformed Wallace from a relative joke into a fucking quality bench prop.

Wouldn't take Baptiste though. He's just shit now.

Would love to have Vaughan at the club. He isn't only a massive guy he also has athleticism and ball skills that could add some more spark to the forward pack or impact of the bench. I believe he has more to offer than Napa.

Not sure why Vaughan is on the nose in Canberra. I know he has had some niggles but he's too good for reserve grade. Could be a case of his individual merits bring outweighed by current balance /synergy in the team.

Definitely worth a look in if he becomes available, though they'd be mad to let him go.

Ditto for Napa. I imagine they'd be reluctant to let him go but he'd complement our current roster very nicely.

Not much for this kind of thing but pipe dreams....

1. Boyd
2. Oates
3. Kahu
4. Roberts
5. Mead
6. Milford
7. Hunt
8. Napa
9. McCullough
10. Blair
11. Thaiday
12. Gillett
13. McGuire

14. Pangai Jr
15. Vaughan
16. Arrow / Ese'ese / Glenn
17. Nikorima[/QUOTE]

Agree with everyone saying that Napa or Vaughan would be a huge signing for us, it would be the point of difference we need. One big guy like them completely changes our forward pack IMO.

Last edited:
Opacic and Su'A for two years until the end of 2018 and 0earson for one until the end of 2017.

Isn't Folau off contract in 2018? We have Pearson and Mead signed for 2017... I want to believe.

Vaughan is more capable of lifting the team with a strong run, tackle or line break and offload. Napa can just put on a good hard hit every now and again and doesn't offer much with the ball.

How old will Izzy be then?

I think if we get Izzy, it has to be now or next year.

Although, 29, without any major injuries, he could be worth it. He'll still have another 4 years left in him easily.

Last edited:
no chance folau leaves ru, he's one of their few positive lights atm, they will throw whatever they have left in their warchest at him to keep him in the game.

James Roberts to head back to titans?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• theshed
  • Gaz
  • Fozz
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Howie
  • Wolfie
  • johnny plath
  • Aldo
  • Old Mate
  • Cavalo
  • Swordfish
  • broncsgoat
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Sproj
  • Foordy
  • Financeguy
  • heartly87
  • Dexter
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.