Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it's not surprising they would be pushing for salary upgrades but if both are pushing for substantial upgrades at the same time, that really makes it tough. Though Tom might have something there, interesting timing.

Last edited:
But if they are both only contracted til the end of next year and the salary cap goes up after that, how do we know we can't pay them what they want?

Because how much they ask for will be decided by the new salary cap. New heights, new standards.

It's like being asked to pick only one of your two children, but if it really came down to that, I would say Milf stays and partners Nikorima which allows us to load up our bench. Hunt hasn't got much improvement in him at all, while Milf has only just begun.

Last edited:
assuming that played out does Nikorima have a kicking game of substance? People bag Hunt but he has been largely carrying the side in that area.

Last edited:
The Hunt/Milford combo reminds me a bit of the DCE/Foran combo ...

by that i mean two superstar halves that will eventually get broken up because the club can't afford to pay them both what they're worth

Eels looking to get rid of Norman or his halves partner? Can't imagine Norman would rush back to the Broncos though that was Griffin not Bennett.

Sorry I meant they want to link him up with Norman

Can't see hunt leaving he has stayed before at the Broncos for lower pay. But then again he is expecting his first kid and might need more money

Perhaps we can talk Alfie out of retirement, he is on the field enough as it is anyway.

Can't see hunt leaving he has stayed before at the Broncos for lower pay. But then again he is expecting his first kid and might need more money

If he wants more money he should probably start proving he is worth it. I like him, but he has massive flaws in his game so if he wants elite money, time to start performing like the elite do.

Same with Milf though I don't think many will doubt he appears to have the greater upside of the two.

I dont buy it but if we do lose one of them, I hope Wayne gets into Taylor's ear about a return.

Can we please win the gf this year? Don't like all this talk of players leaving :(

I've heard a couple more whispers about Napa the last couple of weeks and there's some NRL rumours group on Facebook saying that the Broncos are interested. Usually these pages are full of it but there seems to be a bit of smoke around this rumour...

Milf would be the man I keep at all costs, but we're well and truly fucked with our kicking game if Hunt goes. How does Nikorima go with the boot?

Milf would be the man I keep at all costs, but we're well and truly fucked with our kicking game if Hunt goes. How does Nikorima go with the boot?

If it came down to it, I think Milford could potentially transition into a more dominant Halfback than Hunt currently is, if we wanted to play Nikorima or some other run first player at Five-Eighth.

Note - Hunt is probably still a marginally better organiser than Milford, but the gap is closing rapidly, once Milford has another off-season working on his kicking game and holding the damn ball, he may be the better primary play maker of the two next season.

If it came down to it, I think Milford could potentially transition into a more dominant Halfback than Hunt currently is, if we wanted to play Nikorima or some other run first player at Five-Eighth.

Note - Hunt is probably still a marginally better organiser than Milford, but the gap is closing rapidly, once Milford has another off-season working on his kicking game and holding the damn ball, he may be the better primary play maker of the two next season.

I think Milford may be able to play halfback, but his best position is definitely five-eight and I would prefer we tried to make sure we always have a good halfback to pair him with.

Milford can barely play 6. He's not going to be able to play halfback to the level required. Very interesting negotiations coming the Broncos way. I doubt Hunt or Milford leave.

I've heard a couple more whispers about Napa the last couple of weeks and there's some NRL rumours group on Facebook saying that the Broncos are interested. Usually these pages are full of it but there seems to be a bit of smoke around this rumour...

Napa wants to be back home in Brisbane. Can we afford him? Probably....

Napa wants to be back home in Brisbane. Can we afford him? Probably....

Well if the Sharks can afford Williams no questions asked, after losing Reed, Parker and Wallace, we should be fine.

Cap's increasing. The board will do everything they can to hold onto Hunt and Milf.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Stix
  • Brocko
  • Slippin Jimmy
  • theshed
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • winslow_wong
  • ezpz
  • Allo
  • The True King
  • LockyersLeftBoot
  • mrslong
  • Aldo
  • BruiserMk1
  • Skyblues87
  • Cavalo
  • Waynesaurus
  • Wolfie
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.