Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Home | Live Scores & Latest News | Fox Sports

But coming off-contract as of November 1, he wants to be a Bronco for the rest of his days.Blair sits high on a list of stars — including Josh McGuire, Corey Oates and their entire play making spine — hitting the market in 2017 at Red Hill, but holds hope there will be plenty of familiar faces at the club for years to come.
“I’d love to (stay),” he says.
“I’ll finish up here for sure if I could. It’s a great club to be involved in and if the opportunity comes around I’ll definitely be staying here.
“The best thing for us is keeping the boys together. But it doesn’t always happen and there could be some tough times in the next year. But it’d be good to keep everyone together.”

How is Nathan Brown never mentioned in articles lately when discussing coaches?

Because of the basket case that the Knights were/are. He got on the front foot with it straight away, saying that it will take time to build back etc etc.

That said, this year for them was an abomination. Getting belted by 20pts regularly does nobody any good.

I like the Mead signing, low risk for potential high reward, only a 1 year contract. So he comes off contract at the end of 2017 like 90% of the rest of our roster.

There's no chance he signs with us on a discount without a guaranteed wing spot, so that means one of 3 things, Kahu is leaving (As rumoured), Roberts is being moved on (Due to off-field dramas and lack of consistency) or Oates is being shifted on to an edge backrow position.

I think I prefer the latter, with Gillett moving to Lock, he's great defensively and struggles to get many touches on the right edge, I think he'd be a great Lock. This also illeviates the issue of Oates under the high ball.

1. Boyd (c)
2. Mead
3. Opacic
4. Roberts
5. Kahu
6. Milford
7. Hunt
8. McGuire
9. McCullough
10. Blair / Prop signing
11. Oates
12. Thaiday
13. Gillett

14. Prop signing / Blair
15. Glenn / Pangai Jr / Arrow / Ese'ese / Ofahengaue
16. Glenn / Pangai Jr / Arrow / Ese'ese / Ofahengaue
17. Nikorima

Any reason why it wouldn't be:

1. Boyd (c)
2. Oates
3. Kahu
4. Roberts
5. Mead

Or something like that? (I may have the numbers wrong,.....well not Boyd's :))

Any reason why it wouldn't be:

1. Boyd (c)
2. Oates
3. Kahu
4. Roberts
5. Mead

Or something like that? (I may have the numbers wrong,.....well not Boyd's :))

It very well might be, but I think a lot of people around here are starting to realise that Oates should be moving in field sooner rather than later, he's still got decent speed and good finishing, but his hands are awful and he's a liability on the wing defensively, if he's closer to the middle both of those things will be easier to cover up, and we can still utilise his great runs out of trouble.

I want Oates to stay in the backs for his whole career, well at least until his mid-late 20's. I just think that Mead's signing implies Oates is being moved.

I think Oates is noticeably slower than last year - perhaps it is just a matter of my expectations being higher this year, while last year they were low.

But I agree I think an edge forward will be his best position. My main concern at this stage, is his shoulders. Seems like 50% of tackles he makes on the wing he comes out of them clutching his shoulder.... Fingers crossed he can get it fixed up and mature during the off season so he can get through the increased defense no worries.

I think Oates will be a weapon running off Milford and Hunt.

If you make Oates do 30 or 40 tackles a game he will be a broken down ex-footballer within 2 years. I would rather teach him how to catch.

If you make Oates do 30 or 40 tackles a game he will be a broken down ex-footballer within 2 years. I would rather teach him how to catch.

There aren't many edge back rowers who are forced to make 40 tackles a game..

Gillett & Whitehead are the only 2 that come to mind, the rest are all 20-25 per game on average.

It is true he doesn't have great hands but the problem with his catching is mostly poor technique. He goes too hard at the ball and has too much forward momentum. If he got into position earlier and jumped straight up under it he would find it much easier.

Coaching related news, Kearney is taking the warriors top job. Has already informed Bennett & broncos management. Should be an announcement later this week that he is replacing McFadden. He is also stepping down from the national team as coach too.

There aren't many edge back rowers who are forced to make 40 tackles a game..

Gillett & Whitehead are the only 2 that come to mind, the rest are all 20-25 per game on average.
Ethan Lowe, Gavin Cooper, Josh Jackson, Tohu Harris, Bodene Thompson...

It is true he doesn't have great hands but the problem with his catching is mostly poor technique. He goes too hard at the ball and has too much forward momentum. If he got into position earlier and jumped straight up under it he would find it much easier.
He also needs better kick chase protection. We really suck at that!

Home | Live Scores & Latest News | Fox Sports

So apparently Kearney will be coaching the Warriors next year. I think he could do wonders for them.

Is there anybody who stands out as a possible assistant coach for us next year? Losing Walters and Kearney back-to-back creates quite a hole.

The rugby league God, Darren Lockyer.

Just because you were one of the best players doesn't mean you will automatically transition into a good coach.

Coaching related news, Kearney is taking the warriors top job. Has already informed Bennett & broncos management. Should be an announcement later this week that he is replacing McFadden. He is also stepping down from the national team as coach too.

Poor bastard. I don't know what he did to deserve this but it must've been pretty bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • Aldo
  • broncotville
  • ivanhungryjak
  • NSW stables
  • MaroubraBroncos
  • Mustafur
  • theshed
  • Culhwch
  • Dash
  • Hurrijo
  • Sproj
  • Waynesaurus
  • mystico
  • TimWhatley
  • Fozz
  • Tmac
  • Broncosgirl
  • Jedhead
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.