Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
About 11 good.
He's betterer than that.

I know he's the beneficiary of some class in the spine but he's been huge for them. Had they not given him a crack, I don't think they'd have gone so well this year.

I've asked this on another thread I'm curious who will replace Roberts?

To be honest I'd love to get Moa or Napa and offload Mcguire. I know his stats seem good but if you look at his average metres per hitup it is pretty bad, and he struggles to make tackles unless there are 1-2 other people helping him. Just too small for a modern prop I think. Maybe would fair better if he got that little bit fitter and could be an 80 minute lock propersition and take Corey's spot, but our two starting front rowers are just too small. Blair is tall and skinny and Mcguire is short and average.

McGuire is not only a fantastic prop, he's been one of our most consistent and best players for years now. I'd never want him gone.

Especially in favour of an older bloke the same size and who really didn't do a whole lot this season.

I'd be okay with moving McGuire to lock if we picked up another prop, but no way we let him go.

To be honest I'd love to get Moa or Napa and offload Mcguire. I know his stats seem good but if you look at his average metres per hitup it is pretty bad, and he struggles to make tackles unless there are 1-2 other people helping him. Just too small for a modern prop I think. Maybe would fair better if he got that little bit fitter and could be an 80 minute lock propersition and take Corey's spot, but our two starting front rowers are just too small. Blair is tall and skinny and Mcguire is short and average.

No.

I like the Mead signing, low risk for potential high reward, only a 1 year contract. So he comes off contract at the end of 2017 like 90% of the rest of our roster.

There's no chance he signs with us on a discount without a guaranteed wing spot, so that means one of 3 things, Kahu is leaving (As rumoured), Roberts is being moved on (Due to off-field dramas and lack of consistency) or Oates is being shifted on to an edge backrow position.

I think I prefer the latter, with Gillett moving to Lock, he's great defensively and struggles to get many touches on the right edge, I think he'd be a great Lock. This also illeviates the issue of Oates under the high ball.

1. Boyd (c)
2. Mead
3. Opacic
4. Roberts
5. Kahu
6. Milford
7. Hunt
8. McGuire
9. McCullough
10. Blair / Prop signing
11. Oates
12. Thaiday
13. Gillett

14. Prop signing / Blair
15. Glenn / Pangai Jr / Arrow / Ese'ese / Ofahengaue
16. Glenn / Pangai Jr / Arrow / Ese'ese / Ofahengaue
17. Nikorima

IF there were a betting market on the next NRL coach to be sacked, the Warriors’ Andrew McFadden would be favourite, even ahead of Paul McGregor at the Dragons.Our sources across the Tasman are telling us that Kiwi Test coach Stephen Kearney will be in charge in Auckland for the 2017 season.
Kearney may have had a poor record in his two years at Parramatta (42 games for just a 24 per cent win record) but he comes from the Craig Bellamy-Melbourne Storm system and has also done an outstanding job as the Kiwis’ Test coach.
Expect an announcement once he has completed his finals commitments as Wayne Bennett’s assistant coach at the Brisbane Broncos.
This was written by Rothfield so truth cannot be verified.
No Cookies | Daily Telegraph

How is Nathan Brown never mentioned in articles lately when discussing coaches?

A coach isn't going to fix the Warriors. Getting rid of all the management, all the family members with vested interests, and firing the useless players who just continue to disappoint year in year out is what they need. I dunno what it is, but there is something wrong in that club. Always has been, but they never change, so it will remain the same.

I feel for the old man. He's supported them since day dot and they have always disappointed the fans.

I like the Mead signing, low risk for potential high reward, only a 1 year contract. So he comes off contract at the end of 2017 like 90% of the rest of our roster.

There's no chance he signs with us on a discount without a guaranteed wing spot, so that means one of 3 things, Kahu is leaving (As rumoured), Roberts is being moved on (Due to off-field dramas and lack of consistency) or Oates is being shifted on to an edge backrow position.

I think I prefer the latter, with Gillett moving to Lock, he's great defensively and struggles to get many touches on the right edge, I think he'd be a great Lock. This also illeviates the issue of Oates under the high ball.

1. Boyd (c)
2. Mead
3. Opacic
4. Roberts
5. Kahu
6. Milford
7. Hunt
8. McGuire
9. McCullough
10. Blair / Prop signing
11. Oates
12. Thaiday
13. Gillett

14. Prop signing / Blair
15. Glenn / Pangai Jr / Arrow / Ese'ese / Ofahengaue
16. Glenn / Pangai Jr / Arrow / Ese'ese / Ofahengaue
17. Nikorima

I think you would start Oates off the bench to begin to get the fitness require for the forward pack. I would personally prefer Kahu in the centres and Pearson on the wing. I still love Opacic but I think Kahu offer more, especially in attack.

Who believes Roberts can fight the charge and get away with it?.

Who believes Roberts can fight the charge and get away with it?.

No one. But I reckon we go down there with a very expensive legal team and argue every point. The different charge category to the others, the lack of impact/forcefulness compared to the others, Kasiano's was the studs of the boot and Roberts' was his shin. Give the judiciary notice that if they're going to charge us, they better be 100% correct on every nuance.

No one. But I reckon we go down there with a very expensive legal team and argue every point. The different charge category to the others, the lack of impact/forcefulness compared to the others, Kasiano's was the studs of the boot and Roberts' was his shin. Give the judiciary notice that if they're going to charge us, they better be 100% correct on every nuance.

This. If they want to make it a legal process, we'll give them the legal process. Every nuance must be correct. And by all appearances, they're not..

It should have been a Broncs penalty for the Titans player failing to clear the ruck. However, Roberts should also not have lost his cool. Realistically one week is probably fair - BUT not in the context of the last two months or so of MRC & judiciary bullshit.

This. If they want to make it a legal process, we'll give them the legal process. Every nuance must be correct. And by all appearances, they're not..

It should have been a Broncs penalty for the Titans player failing to clear the ruck. However, Roberts should also not have lost his cool. Realistically one week is probably fair - BUT not in the context of the last two months or so of MRC & judiciary bullshit.

I feel like I like every one of your posts. Are you always reading my mind?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• BroncsNBundy
  • johnny plath
  • jd87
  • theshed
  • Wild Horse
  • thenry
  • I bleed Maroon
  • NSW stables
  • jarro65
  • Manofoneway
  • Foordy
  • Xzei
  • RolledOates
  • Fitzy
  • Sproj
  • broncotville
  • Stix
  • Wolfie
  • Ghost of Vlansys
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.