Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ethan Lowe, Gavin Cooper, Josh Jackson, Tohu Harris, Bodene Thompson...

None of those players make anywhere near as many as Gillett & Whitehead, Bodene is the only one who's close.

The point I was making was that you can get away with making 20-25 tackles a game as an 80 minute edge back rower quite easily, especially if you have a good defensive centre outside you (Opacic), I think Oates would be fine defensively on the left edge.

IMO, we should look at the Walkers first. And I think Kevvie is back on board for next year

Without jumping to too many conclusions, this makes the Kahu to Warriors rumour a little more likely, I know he's got a great relationship with Kearney. I can see them keeping Lolohea and signing Kahu, they can't afford Foran.

1. Tuivasa-Scheck
2. Fusitua
3. Kahu
4. Kata
5. Vatuvei
6. Lolohea
7. Johnson

IMO, we should look at the Walkers first. And I think Kevvie is back on board for next year

Chris Garry has already confirmed that Walters won't be back next year.

I know the Walkers have had success at Ipswich but I imagine that coaching the NRL would be a far bigger challenge and a different beast to coaching ISC

Coaching related news, Kearney is taking the warriors top job. Has already informed Bennett & broncos management. Should be an announcement later this week that he is replacing McFadden. He is also stepping down from the national team as coach too.

Interesting. My mail (which is consistent with is that he was approached and he told them no way.

None of those players make anywhere near as many as Gillett & Whitehead, Bodene is the only one who's close.

The point I was making was that you can get away with making 20-25 tackles a game as an 80 minute edge back rower quite easily, especially if you have a good defensive centre outside you (Opacic), I think Oates would be fine defensively on the left edge.

There are plenty of edge forwards who do a fair bit of work out there.

2016Last 3 seasons
Bodene Thompson45.229.6
Elliot Whitehead38.633.4
Ethan Lowe33.233.4
Gavin Cooper32.230.2
Josh Jackson36.229.6
Matt Gillett36.030.0

It's more common than you think... in fact, most 80 minutes backrowers will bring out those numbers. Players like Boyd Cordner, Tyson Frizell, etc... also have big numbers be it in tackles, runs or a combo. Tohu Harris has been playing a lot of centre at Melbourne, like Alex Glenn at Brisbane, which skews the numbers a bit.

I don't think Oatesy is ready for that just yet, especially after playing so long on the wing, where the defensive work is much lighter.

Hunt and Milf looking at the open market. Looking at extensions at the end of the year. Eels want Hunt for Norman. Milf could be million dollar a season man. From Chris gary on Channel 7

Last edited:
Hunt and Milf looking at the open market. Looking at extensions at the end of the year. Eels want Hunt for Norman. Milf could be million dollar a season man. From Chris gary on Channel 7

lol we must have a big game coming up.

[Tweet]775255411372888065[/Tweet]

Home | Live Scores & Latest News | Fox Sports

So apparently Kearney will be coaching the Warriors next year. I think he could do wonders for them.

Is there anybody who stands out as a possible assistant coach for us next year? Losing Walters and Kearney back-to-back creates quite a hole.

time for the Mole's "Things change Bro"

I read an RLW article today (on facebook) that said that Kearney wasn't interested in coaching the Warriors due to him and his family being settled and happy in Brisbane. it also said that he had Bennetts endorsement as his replacement at the Broncos when Wayne finally retires

this is from RLW this morning re: Kearney

Stephen Kearney has been strongly linked to the Warriors job for next season – but my mail is he isn’t interested.[FONT=&quot]The current Kiwi Test coach and a former Eels first grade coach, Kearney has some support to replace the embattled Andrew McFadden across the ditch.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]But Kearney has told mates he is happy with life the way it is – he is settled in Brisbane with his wife and family and is Wayne Bennett’s right hand man.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Word has it Bennett has even endorsed the respected Kearney to replace him in the top job at the Broncos when he eventually retires in a year or two.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]And that shapes as a far more enticing prospect for Kearney than the under-achieving Warriors. [/FONT]
McFadden will learn his fare at a board meeting this week.

The Mole's Monday Scoops! - Rugby League Week

Eels looking to get rid of Norman or his halves partner? Can't imagine Norman would rush back to the Broncos though that was Griffin not Bennett.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• broncotville
  • jd87
  • Hurrijo
  • Xzei
  • Lurker
  • Shane Tronc
  • GCBRONCO
  • Brocko
  • Purple Pills
  • Astro
  • sooticus
  • RolledOates
  • Allo
  • Howie
  • broncsgoat
  • Aldo
  • Wolfie
  • winslow_wong
  • NSW stables
... and 16 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.