Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Countless times during that game he proved himself to be bloody average. His big hits almost never stick, and he doesn't bend the line.
Once upon a time I might have agreed with you regarding his ability to make strong carries. However, I think he's improved quite a bit in that regard. So much so I wouldn't mind him for the right price. Maybe 2018 if the cap allows.

Can't agree about his defence either. It's always been his strongest feature. Occasionally he'll get a bit loose trying to put a shot on but generally he knows how to stop a ball carrier in their tracks. Put him in our defensive structure and I think he'd be even better.

Once upon a time I might have agreed with you regarding his ability to make strong carries. However, I think he's improved quite a bit in that regard. So much so I wouldn't mind him for the right price. Maybe 2018 if the cap allows.

Can't agree about his defence either. It's always been his strongest feature. Occasionally he'll get a bit loose trying to put a shot on but generally he knows how to stop a ball carrier in their tracks. Put him in our defensive structure and I think he'd be even better.
There's no doubt he has the ability to be the enforcer we need, but I think he needs to learn to play smarter. There was one set of six last week where he missed 3 tackles in a row trying to smash our guys into next week, only for our boys to bounce off and make an easy extra 6 metres. Too often he goes in for a big hit but doesn't complete the tackle.

That being said, I'd have him here in a heart beat. We need someone of his size and power, and as you said, if he can adapt to our defensive structure would be an excellent addition to our pack.

I also think Sam Moa would be a great pickup, and would no doubt be cheaper. We need a cannonball like him, to just hit hard and run harder.

Napa is pretty much the definition of the kind of player everyone is calling for. Big, strong, and instills fear. He's probably more expensive than we'd have hoped for, but also has the bulk of his career ahead of him.

I'm pestering my brother's GF :)

Didn't realise Napa is only 23, yep, get him on board. Thaiday working on his media career so there's some money for season 2018.

Some bloke on LU reckons there's a report about us getting Mead for 100k, to be announced this weekend.

100k is all I would spend on him. he will be a backup at best

holy..

if this is true surely its just to **** with their backline in addition to losing nene for not getting ash or something?

Some bloke on LU reckons there's a report about us getting Mead for 100k, to be announced this weekend.
If thats true ... it's a good pickup he will be a handy depth player for us

There is a good player in Mead I feel Bennett could do wonders for him if we got him for the right price and used him correctly.

Absolutely cannot be true. If that's his price the Gold Coast wouldn't need to offload him. That's basically minimum wage, which anyone they replace him with will cost anyway.

And he's certainly not moving here for the opportunity to play his favoured position.

Absolutely cannot be true. If that's his price the Gold Coast wouldn't need to offload him. That's basically minimum wage, which anyone they replace him with will cost anyway.

And he's certainly not moving here for the opportunity to play his favoured position.

You never know. Is he still contracted? If so, it means they can still pay a percentage of his salary, but a rookie or a transfer that is part of their long term plans can get a Top 25 spot instead of languishing on 2nd tier payments.

I know I said I wasn't keen but I would be all over Mead for 100k.

Pittance for a solid player of his ability and experience.

Skeptical of this though. Would have to be some weird shit going on for that to be the reality of the situation.

Take it with a grain of salt since it is from Dobbo,

but on MMM tonight he said the deal was done ... Mead will be a Bronco next season and according to Dobbo, for a lot less than he could have gotten from either the Bulldogs or Rabbitohs

Dobbo is a bottom feeder, he would just be recycling the rumour from his Sydney affiliates.

I'll believe it when I see it.

You never know. Is he still contracted? If so, it means they can still pay a percentage of his salary, but a rookie or a transfer that is part of their long term plans can get a Top 25 spot instead of languishing on 2nd tier payments.

No, he's off contract.

Gold Coast teenager Payne Haas had all 16 NRL clubs on his tail – as well as a couple of American NFL franchises.
I’m hearing it’s come down to a battle between the Rabbitohs and Eels for the forward – who at 16 is already bigger than Jason Taumalolo – with Souths set to win the fight.
Haas, who was contracted to the Warriors this year, is too young to play NRL next season.
He’ll be unleashed in the Rabbitohs’ NYC team in 2017 but will move straight into the NRL in 2018 . . . and he’ll be a sensation.
I don't get it why Broncos can't sign these player who are local.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• BruiserMk1
  • Astro
  • Howie
  • Emanon
  • Ironbroncos
  • Fitzy
  • Lozza
  • KickHaas
  • Rookie Alan
  • johnny plath
  • FACTHUNT
  • Robboi_321
  • Wolfie
  • broncos4life
  • winslow_wong
  • Bucking Beads
  • jarro65
  • Totally Unr3al
  • RodF
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.