Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like Mead, we need a little more speed in the back line.

His age fits with our timeline, he's 27, most of our core players are 26-32. This may give a little more merrit to the Kahu rumours (Even when he denied them a couple of weeks ago, it didn't sound convincing, it was like - "At this stage I'm at the Broncos in 2017")

And let's not forget, Kahu is turning 26 in a few months and has a far worse injury history than Mead, so if anything, Mead is probably the safer long-term option.

1. Boyd (c)
2. Oates
3. Opacic
4. Roberts
5. Mead

2017 here we come.

Kahu still has some lives left in my opinion. No way I would drop Kahu for Mead.

Everyone given up on Pearson already?

He's only 21, plenty of time for him to force his way into the team, let's not forgot that Opacic & Roberts are both only signed for 1 more season, anything could happen in the next 12 months.

Roberts would be fighting Opacic for a centre spot if we were to get Mead imo, and I don't think Roberts, in his current incarnation, is the better player. Kahu is a lock, Oates is a lock, and you'd think Mead would be a lock on the wing.

Edit: Unless Kahu is 100% going to the Warriors in 2018.

Last edited:
Roberts would be fighting Opacic for a centre spot if we were to get Mead imo, and I don't think Roberts, in his current incarnation, is the better player. Kahu is a lock, Oates is a lock, and you'd think Mead would be a lock on the wing.

Edit: Unless Kahu is 100% going to the Warriors in 2018.

I'm a massive fan of Mead and would love him at the club, but you can't play him at lock. He's too small and would be destroyed.

I'm a massive fan of Mead and would love him at the club, but you can't play him at lock. He's too small and would be destroyed.

We used to only sign fullbacks, now we only sign locks.
maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:
Oates might be moving into the forwards next year.....

I hope we do sign him because He is one of my favourite Titans players, But where will we play him

Arrgghh. Now I'm not sure who taking the piss about Mead being a lock. And wether I should point out that it could mean " a sure thing"

Arrgghh. Now I'm not sure who taking the piss about Mead being a lock. And wether I should point out that it could mean " a sure thing"

I'm taking the piss mate.

If we are really after Mead, I think we should have been looking at MacDonald earlier instead.

Oates might be moving into the forwards next year.....

Possible.. I think the only way that's the scenario is if Wayne doesn't think Arrow is ready to start. Would probably look something like this..

1. Boyd (c)
2. Mead
3. Opacic
4. Roberts
5. Kahu
6. Milford
7. Hunt
8. McGuire
9. McCullough
10. Thaiday
11. Oates
12. Gillett
13. Blair

14. Glenn
15. Pangai Jr
16. Arrow
17. Nikorima

Last edited:
Foxsports Marketwatch reported we have just signed Sua for 2 years too this week. With Opacic, Pearson and Kodi all done as well, waiting for the Gillett announcement now.

I really don't want Mead unless he is depth. If other clubs are looking at him, we certainly don't want to get into a bidding war over a guy who would essentially be injury cover given Pearson definitely needs to be given a shot.

Nah Idris is such a lazy punk. Struggled to stay fit and has attitude problems.

Idris is the Raiders of players. When everything clicks he can be the best centre in the comp. But like having Ricky Stuart as your brains, there's a combination of too much and nothing at all going on upstairs so there is no consistency

Seriously mate. I quite enjoy reading your views on the game most of the time and you are a good egg but do you really need to bring Ricky into every topic? It's getting annoying.

Nah Idris is such a lazy punk. Struggled to stay fit and has attitude problems.

Seriously mate. I quite enjoy reading your views on the game most of the time and you are a good egg but do you really need to bring Ricky into every topic? It's getting annoying.

Problem is, I really enjoy his Ricky bashing and if it were to disappear I would find that annoying. So...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• mrtij
  • Dash
  • bb_gun
  • LittleDavey
  • Allo
  • cento
  • Sproj
  • Foordy
  • Aldo
  • Nerd
  • phoenix
  • Astro
  • I bleed Maroon
  • broncoscope
  • Gaz
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Big Del
  • Johnny92
  • theshed
  • BroncoFan94
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.