Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Off topic - but I must admit I've had a bit of a soft spot develop for Ricky since he finished up for NSW. I reckon you gotta admire him - he sticks to his guns despite all the shit that gets said about him.

Good on the bloke for turning the raiders around this season, and proving a lot of people wrong.

Gotta love an underdog.

On topic - only thing I don't like about Mead rumour is it seems less and less likely we will sign another prop. Someone in the 26-30ish bracket on a 1-2 year deal with some decent experience under their belt is exactly what we need imo to make sure Thaiday doesn't have to play in the front row ever again.

Off topic - but I must admit I've had a bit of a soft spot develop for Ricky since he finished up for NSW. I reckon you gotta admire him - he sticks to his guns despite all the shit that gets said about him.

Good on the bloke for turning the raiders around this season, and proving a lot of people wrong.

Gotta love an underdog.

On topic - only thing I don't like about Mead rumour is it seems less and less likely we will sign another prop. Someone in the 26-30ish bracket on a 1-2 year deal with some decent experience under their belt is exactly what we need imo to make sure Thaiday doesn't have to play in the front row ever again.

Would be good, just don't think there are any decent props available?

Would he play starting prop? Blair or McGuire to lock?[/QUOTE start him as the perfect impact bench forward and dangle the starting position in front of him as incentive... Bit of competition never hurts. I like the idea of Blair starting to add the starch to the defence in the first 20

I wouldn't mind Moa on a 2 year retirement contract, give Arrow first crack starting next season, if he doesn't handle it well we will have the option of shifting Blair to lock and starting Moa.

We just need to sign 1 more experienced prop so we have some manoeuvrability with the roster and can test out the likes of Su'A, Arrow & Pangai Jr without risking putting too much pressure on them.

I wouldn't mind Moa on a 2 year retirement contract, give Arrow first crack starting next season, if he doesn't handle it well we will have the option of shifting Blair to lock and starting Moa.

We just need to sign 1 more experienced prop so we have some manoeuvrability with the roster and can test out the likes of Su'A, Arrow & Pangai Jr without risking putting too much pressure on them.
Agree with this.

We certainly have some great young forwards coming through, but a hardnosed, experienced prop would be seriously beneficial to us for the next couple of years.

Warriors, South's or Manly... Any of these spuds will be going hard for him and are stupid enough to pay overs for him... WB won't... Unless he was a bit wayward or just done stint in the clink, then he'd be our man

Last edited:
I don't get it... people say we lack size, nek minnit we're looking at a guy McGuire's size?

It was mentioned countless times during the Broncs v Roosters that Napa grew up as a Broncs supporter, we should be patient and chase him when he is off contract.

It was mentioned countless times during the Broncs v Roosters that Napa grew up as a Broncs supporter, we should be patient and chase him when he is off contract.

Countless times during that game he proved himself to be bloody average. His big hits almost never stick, and he doesn't bend the line.

Last edited:

Smokin Joe has said a month or two ago that he wants to come home but not sure if we can afford him.

Not sure if Chris Garry is just recycling old rumours, but he says we may still be chasing Lolohea & Moga.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Emanon
  • Ironbroncos
  • Fitzy
  • Lozza
  • KickHaas
  • Rookie Alan
  • johnny plath
  • FACTHUNT
  • Robboi_321
  • Wolfie
  • broncos4life
  • Astro
  • winslow_wong
  • Bucking Beads
  • jarro65
  • Totally Unr3al
  • RodF
  • RolledOates
  • broncsgoat
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.