Broncos Player Movement and Rumours 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get that feeling that some players come to the broncos and just get lazy. I can't think of many specific examples but I would love to see every player striving to retain his spot in this team every week.

Hoffman to the Eels. A little bit more on James Robert's back to the Goldy. It doesn't make sense but they are clearing the decks. Izzy to the Broncs then???

I just think its sus how he was in the broncos sheds after the game that time.

Ryan James is sort of like a non-flashy Napa in my eyes. He's just as good at bruising in defence, but he doesn't come up with massive hits that make the highlight reel like Napa does. He's got a massive motor and a massive body as well: he's just what we need.

Edit: just lol if we end up with James, Roberts, and Mead next year. Those three were pretty much the GC's best.

Last edited:
I rate James higher than Napa. Napa is a guy that times his hits to perfection and hits like a truck but James seems to make some really good runs and plenty of meters.
Always looks a handfull to get down too.

Not that I can see him leaving GC, he'll be captain soon and if anything I hope this crap just drives his price up and the dicks at the GC wind up paying him 600k a season

Never liked the grub, but hard to argue he would not be a good addition to our roster - big body who can bend the line. Injury history less than ideal. A Moose/James starting front row combo looks good. Plenty of minutes in both of them as well which will help us bring the young props through.

What do we think the chances are the tits will give him an early release if we snag him for 18?

Last edited:
Izzy was in Brisbane to do publicity before the Brisbane rugby test. As for James he would be a great signing but it sounds like he wants big money and the Broncos don't pay overs so I would be very surprised if we got him.

I dunno, James is just a worse version of McGuire IMO. Napa would be/have been a lot better.

No thanks to James, he's the forward version of J Reynolds.

If James can cut down the penalties, I wouldn't mind having him. He is a good prop.

But he concedes too many penalties.

24 this year.. It was worse last year. He is regarded as one of the most penalized players in the comp.

Meanwhile, Napa has only conceded 11 this year. But he does have a tendency to shoulder charge players. He is lucky he has got away with it a few times this year.

When Napa is in form, overall he is the better prop. He makes more metres, but he does miss more tackles than James.

56 last year, 68 this year.

Last edited:

I just think he is mates with some of the players because he has played with quite a few of them.

I don't think people should be reading too much into it.

Sounds like James wants a big contract and surely the captaincy is great incentive to stay at the titans. However playing under Wayne could also be incentive tk take his fame to thr nrxt level. I would take him for the right price if we can't get anyone else but I would much rather the titans rip up Wallace's contract so they can keep James and we can Keep Wallace...

james is a better player than napa imo (at least at the moment). i think he's very underated

he has a great motor. in 2016 he avg'd 124m and 38 tackles a game, with only 23 missed tackles for the year, in an average of 59 mins per game. also scored 11 tries.

in one game he played the full 80 in the middle for 171m, 61 tackles, and 0 missed.

his issue is silly penalties yes but thats the only area of his game he needs to improve right now. if he does improve his overall game in 2017 then jeez he will be a force.

would absolutely take him at hte bronx.

Last edited:
I would definitely have James here, he is a great player. I think he is a grub, at least he would be our grub.

If people are concerned about his penalties and think Napa would be better because he is less penalised, they need to remember that the refs will actually see all of those shoulder charges and other grubby bullshit as soon as he puts on a Broncos jersey.

feel like this was James' breakout year after many years of promise.

i'd take him or napa really, whichever one wants to come.

feel like this was James' breakout year after many years of promise.

i'd take him or napa really, whichever one wants to come.

They had a good season especially this year both guys.

I'd personally make a play for both Napa and James, along with Vaughan. Fitting them three in our team would be amazing. I know there's concerns about how penalised James is, and if I'm honest, it seems like the refs are crucifying him more than some other players who do the exact same or even worse. It's probably because he's built up a bad reputation with the refs, so they look extra hard to penalise him when they probably let a few others slide if another player does it.

A lot of those penalties aren't really foul play. It's often just hanging on too long, coming up with hands on the ball, a flop etc. Most of his penalties aren't complete brainsnaps, it's more competing for each play and showing desperation to slow the oppositions go forward.

james has a 'reputation' with the refs for penalties as well. they are looking for it with him. so now he gets penalised for stuff that otherwise would get let go 8 times out of 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Big Del
  • eggstar10
  • winslow_wong
  • IceWorks
  • OnToSomething
  • theshed
  • Reds2011
  • Wolfie
  • bb_gun
  • Gaz
  • broncsgoat
  • LockyersLeftBoot
  • Robboi_321
  • Broncosarethebest
  • davidp
  • Cavalo
  • ezpz
  • Aldo
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.